• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2020

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

Agent327

Am I the only one noticing that on QUEST 7 the "incidents" never shop up, forcing you to lose 2h dealing antiquities? Playing in C, D, V and W. All the same. Not the first time I see this happen, also in the prior Christmas event.
Coincidence? Or foul play?

Foul play ofcourse. If it happens to YOU, how can it be anything else?

Elrebriwyn

Again we have an event that has tasks that can't be completed. This time is't defeat this medium sized army or solve this complex negotiation. I just changed eras so do not have the proper troops and solving the negotiation is out since I don't have the goods and I have never solved one. So thanks again for something lame.

DeletedUser36145

Well, aging up without having at least a minimal supply of the next era goods is always a mistake. And it is usually possible to fight next era troops with the appropriate attack bonus, so the quest is not impossible at all. The inability to be completed may only be one's personal mistake or rather a chain of personal mistakes.

RazorbackPirate

With a proper city, all the tasks in every event are easily completed. You may not be able to complete a task, but that's very different than 'tasks that can't be completed.'

I recommend instead of just throwing up your hands in defeat, you ask for advice.

Agent327

Again we have an event that has tasks that can't be completed. This time is't defeat this medium sized army or solve this complex negotiation. I just changed eras so do not have the proper troops and solving the negotiation is out since I don't have the goods and I have never solved one. So thanks again for something lame.

So you aged up shortly before or during the event. Now who is to blame for that? Who was "lame" enough to do that?

raptor8908

I understand defense is new and might be useful too but Fps for the building are quite underwhelming. I hope Inno can start proving atleast 10 FPS per buildings going forward and fix this one as well.

Agent327

I understand defense is new and might be useful too but Fps for the building are quite underwhelming. I hope Inno can start proving atleast 10 FPS per buildings going forward and fix this one as well.

As far as I know, defense was here from the start of the game.

fp's is only part of what the building delivers. If every event building needs to deliver more fp's there will be no end to it. There should be balance in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36572

As a Preferred Customer, Inno is happy to inform you, they have foreseen your difficulties, and were careful to ensure your ability to spend Diamonds on all the Goods you may need to successfully complete Negotiations.

Problem Solver

Jern2017

You advanced to the next age without being adequately prepared and now the event is lame?

hajiboy

Is there any way to advance the touchdown rewards besides making a touch down? Like maybe doing 1 run and letting the daily timer expire? It would be nice if there was a way to rotate through the touchdown rewards.

Emberguard

Underwhelming? If that's underwhelming then there's not one event building that would ever satisfy you. My first event building gave 2 FPs and it made a huge difference in progress. Most events give 3-6 FPs. It's only the most recent ones that started giving 8 FPs

Super Catanian

Underwhelming? If that's underwhelming then there's not one event building that would ever satisfy you. My first event building gave 2 FPs and it made a huge difference in progress. Most events give 3-6 FPs. It's only the most recent ones that started giving 8 FPs
Back then...
*(In squeaky voice)*
OMG a Shrine of Knowledge! Wow! I'm gonna get a lot of Forge Points from this!

Now...
*(Deep serious voice)*
If this new Event Building doesn't provide at least 1,5 FP per tile, I'm not gonna bother getting it.

UBERhelp1

Sentinel Towers or another Colossus? Opinions?
Note: All boosts discussed in the following post are for the attacking armies.
For me, SOs. It is much easier to get attack boost than defense, A lot of event buildings give it to you, like the Colossus. However, it is harder to raise defense as high because generally the only way to get it is through leveling GB. Especially with GBG's ability to eat through troops at high attrition, more defense will help your troops survive longer at those levels. Additionally, it takes 10 kits to get a level 10 Colossus (unless you have leftovers) and you would get more defense (40%) from 10 SOs than attack (15% in SAM) from a Colossus. Also, SOs make a great filler to replace VTs or RFs.

Personally, I like to have a more balanced boost than heavily weighted one way, so I'm going for SOs which will make a more noticeable difference for my city. Especially with this event, it is really easy to gain tons of defense really quickly, which helps balance out the much higher attack boost that most players have.

DeletedUser38737

I am wondering why I keep moving further back in the league table. After I got to quest #40, I was stuck doing only one per day, so I can only move forward bit-by-bit. How can others be moving ahead faster or further, causing me to lose ground, if they are limited after #40, as well? Or am I missing something?

Emberguard

I am wondering why I keep moving further back in the league table. After I got to quest #40, I was stuck doing only one per day, so I can only move forward bit-by-bit. How can others be moving ahead faster or further, causing me to lose ground, if they are limited after #40, as well? Or am I missing something?
it would be a combination of factors

Let’s say only 200 players had used their footballs at the time of you finishing yours. Let’s also assume you were the 40th best player. That’d put you in the top 20%

now lets assume another 500 players compete. So now you have 700 players competing. 20% would no longer be 40th, it’d be 140th. and instead of beating 160 players you’d now have to beat the result of 540 players to keep the same position.

So you see the more players enter in the more the score will shift as you’ll have to beat a greater number of players to stay in the same spot.

Then there’s the coach factor. The choice of coach will effect your result. Then there’s which players you picked.If you picked less efficiently then you‘d be more likely to move down as more players empty their balls.and lastly there’s the diamond factor where the top 1% will increase by buying more footballs

Algona

I was stuck doing only one per day, so I can only move forward bit-by-bit.

A bit (-by-bit)?) of advice. Stop playing every day. Save your Footballs for a Daily Prize you want then go crazy. You'll be a lot happoer with the Daily Prizes you win. This advice will serve you well in future Events of this general type.

I did that yesterday. Got 16 SO Upgrades across three cities. Now if I can just get some Outposts to use them on... :D