• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2020

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Here's a tip: When your target Daily Special comes up and it's time for you to spend all those footballs you've been saving, collect any Incidents in your city before you start. There can be footballs in them, up to 100.

hajiboy

How does one participate in the chance to win 500 footballs? This is the Inno message promoting a possible win. On the facebook page it says "Tell us what's in the image and you could win! " and gives a link "https://innogam.es/ForgeOfEmpires". When I go to that link, the game asks me to provide a login name and puts me into stone age. Where/how are we supposed to participate?

Jern2017

I spent some free diamond on Footballs to get more SO upgrades and now I've already maxed out my Olympic Treasury.

So, the event is pretty much over for me and I enjoyed it a lot. The introduction of the coach system is interesting and I love the direction in which Inno is going, releasing buildings that give an attack boost for the defending army and vice versa.

Great event!

RazorbackPirate

I finally ran some plays today. I used the diamond coach in each of my cities, 300 free diamonds is nothing for the extra benefits it gives. I was able to acquire enough kits to add a second Colossus to each of my cities. I'm also confident I'm on track to get a fully upgraded Olympic Treasury as well.

I'm hoping we'll see Sentinel Outpost Level 1 a 3rd time, even though the 'wiki that shall not be named' shows it only ran twice on beta. I may end up with a bunch of upgrades in inventory to use on SO's from future events. Regardless of what I play for next, I consider this event another success.

1 fully upgraded main event building, 1 fully upgraded secondary event building, and a whole bunch of always needed fodder for the Antiques Dealer. All for free, all good for me.

DeletedUser42126

For the Forge Bowl 2020, will the Colossus be offered more than once during the event? It was offered at the beginning, but have not seen it since.

Emberguard

How does one participate in the chance to win 500 footballs? This is the Inno message promoting a possible win. On the facebook page it says "Tell us what's in the image and you could win! " and gives a link "https://innogam.es/ForgeOfEmpires". When I go to that link, the game asks me to provide a login name and puts me into stone age. Where/how are we supposed to participate?
You're meant to do so on the facebook post where it asked the question

RazorbackPirate

For the Forge Bowl 2020, will the Colossus be offered more than once during the event? It was offered at the beginning, but have not seen it since.
It came up the second time on Jan. 27th. I was able to score a second one for each of my cities.

It seems you missed the second time it was up. Unfortunately, I don't see it coming up a 3rd time.

Bozon

Been storing footballs for a few days now and today i had 2.8K
Been waiting for those Sentinel upgrades!
So today i used 150 diamonds to setup best coach and i went for the upgrades ...
Done most everything with shortest pass (maybe 2 with the middle one), 2 touchdowns, near 3 and at the end i got 1 (ONE!) upgrade.
Can't believe this is possible !!!
With the diamond coach the probabilities should be higher, are they forcing us to buy diamonds ?
I think i should get all those footballs back and diamonds,don't mind to give away all that i got, and go for a fair chance, cause this is far from fair !!!

UBERhelp1

So today i used 150 diamonds to setup best coach and i went for the upgrades ...
Done most everything with shortest pass (maybe 2 with the middle one), 2 touchdowns, near 3 and at the end i got 1 (ONE!) upgrade.
With the diamond coach the probabilities should be higher, are they forcing us to buy diamonds ?
I think i should get all those footballs back and diamonds,don't mind to give away all that i got, and go for a fair chance, cause this is far from fair !!!
It's something called RNG. Basically, you got unlucky. When I was in the range of 5k footballs, I spent them and at a point went through 3k of them without any DSs.

DeletedUser40061

i gotta say the forge bowl was one of the most entertaining and most rewarding event ever. won a lot of bldgs, some dupes and sold em in antiques, got back lots of TC and gems...got some obs prints to add to a city. winning 1400 balls, very generous devs. i wish it didnt end so soon.

Algona

i had 2.8K
Done most everything with shortest pass (maybe 2 with the middle one), 2 touchdowns, near 3 and at the end i got 1 (ONE!)

Brutal but not complete unexpected.

First time SOUs came up I bought the diamond Coach in all 3 cities, spent about 15K Footballs on shortest passes, got 16 SOUs. 1 SoU per 1K Footballs.

You fell short but not so much that it it justifies accusing INNO of cheating or demanding a refund.

Better luck next time!

DeletedUser31499

Felt I did pretty good this event. Didn’t buy any footballs. I spent diamonds on the ultimate coach 2 times. Once for the sentinel when I got 14, and today when I spent the rest of my footballs (2861) on the sentinel upgrade which I got 7 of.
Used the least expensive player almost every time. Completed and placed the treasury in my CE city. This event has raised my attacking defense 10% to 308%.

mamboking053

The best strategy I had for dealing with this was to save up my event currency and wait for the thing I wanted to appear the second time (I believe all the unique, items from the currently running event [not reno's or stuff like that, but event buildings like cherry garden pieces] always appear twice), and then all-in. It's a tougher call when there's more than one thing that you want- like sentinel's, and really tough when they all appeared mostly at the beginning of the event so that you really don't get to spend all of your currency towards what you want. But got to work with what you're given...

RazorbackPirate

Saved all of my currency until the Colossus kits came up the second time. Once I had enough kits to add a second Colossus to each of my cities, I held onto the rest until today to go for Sentinel Outpost Upgrades. Unfortunately, with level 1 SOs coming up so early in the event, I only got the one SO base from the touchdown. I'll have to get SO bases from future events. For about the same amount of footballs in each city, I got 14 upgrades in one, 10 upgrades in the other.

On top of all that, I also got a fully upgraded OT in each city, with an extra upgrade for completing the questline.

I used the diamond coach each time I played, using free diamonds earned from GE, GBG, etc. All in all, another successful event.

DeletedUser

You made wrong choices that you now have to live with. The shorter passes also have the lowest % of getting the Daily Special. If your aim was to get the Daily Special, you should have gone with the longest passes instead. And this info is clearly shown in the tooltip for each player. So not only was only one upgrade possible, it is not even surprising given your bad strategy.

Algona

Few complaints by posters for this Event.

Most of those by the mathematically challenged or the folk who didn't figure out what they wanted out of the Event and play the Event accordingly.

I was wrong, I expected a lot of complaints about the diamond Coach.

Easy Questlines. I really like the new Quest types, the addition of Coaches, the new OT and SO and SOU, the return of Colossus and Tholos and PoH.

Especially welcome was the sequence of, Colossus, Tholos, SOU, RK as the final four Dailys instead of icky prizes as had been the habit for the last days of previous Events

Forge Bowl 2020 was the best Event in a long long time.

----------

Except for one awful mistake I had a pretty good Forge Bowl.

If your aim was to get the Daily Special, you should have gone with the longest passes instead

Not disagreeing because I didn't even bother with the math because I was gonna do the Diamond Coach + Shortest Passes to maximize the chance of getting lvl 10 OT.

But this also seems the way to maximize number of Daily Prizes as well? More attempts at lesser percentage? I didn't do the math!

----------

I'm not quite done, still with the final Quest and up to a thousand Footballs in each city, my results are pretty good:

The three cities combined for 51 Daily Prizes, 3 fully upgraded OTs already in place, and 6200 Yards for 3 solid Silver Leagues.

My mistake? I forgot SO was offered day 2 and skipped it when it was offered mid Event because I expected it to pop up again. OOPS! Sitting on about 37 SOUs. Sure hope they return in an Event sometime soon.

Thank INNO! Top notch Event!

Triopoly Champion

Easy Questlines. I really like the new Quest types, the addition of Coaches, the new OT and SO and SOU, the return of Colossus and Tholos and PoH.
It should include Grand Bridge as well, it's possible to integrate in level 8 with 4 fps from the daily rewards, so it's worth the space.

Got 1 more Reno Kit than I expected.
Forge of Empires - Final Renovation Kit before Forge Bowl 2020 Ends.jpg

wiserpenny

is reno kit our last daily? or will there be 1 more? The wiki makes it look like a prize will be there on the 3rd