• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2021 questions and non feedback comments

Agent327

Cooldown of the coach starts after his coaching period ends. So if you pick a coach, he will be active for 24 hrs with a 24 hr cooling down period after that. That means that after picking him it takes 48 hrs before you can pick him again, unless you use diamonds.

KingLear13

RP, thank you for your input. That is generally what I have done in past Events too. So have others I know playing FOE.

However, on a non-Inno site (is this the can't-be-named-site I see referenced frequently?), which I learned about after my initial post, the player mathematical data, especially with the various 150 Diamond-generated boosts applied, indicate the use of other players. Hmmm, so the question remains.

Fully appreciate if a given player achieved their own Event goals, then whatever they did is fine. For me, since I hope to achieve 2 OT, which means 20 DS rewards, I am trying to give myself the best chance possible. Of course, I could have a goal-setting problem.

Anyone else have input? Thank you.

Johnny B. Goode

RP, thank you for your input. That is generally what I have done in past Events too. So have others I know playing FOE.

However, on a non-Inno site (is this the can't-be-named-site I see referenced frequently?), which I learned about after my initial post, the player mathematical data, especially with the various 150 Diamond-generated boosts applied, indicate the use of other players. Hmmm, so the question remains.

Fully appreciate if a given player achieved their own Event goals, then whatever they did is fine. For me, since I hope to achieve 2 OT, which means 20 DS rewards, I am trying to give myself the best chance possible. Of course, I could have a goal-setting problem.

If that's your goal, then choosing the player each time with the greatest % chance for the Daily Special is the way to go. Definitely choose the +5% coach for that day, although if spending 150 Diamonds is okay with you, I'd go with the Ultimate Coach for that day. I have been pretty successful on most of my younger worlds getting plenty of the fields this way. On my older worlds (except one) I will probably use the Ultimate Coach on the day I decide to use up all my Footballs.

RazorbackPirate

First, if you have the math you need to back your position, go with the math. Having said that,

In the Event we can expect 8,800 footballs for completing all quests and logging in every day. With 5 quests and days remaining, that's (120 x 5)=600 + (100 x 5) = 500 = 1,100 more footballs yet to earn, I have 3.5k left. I would say, I've spent about 4-4.2k footballs to date. With those, I've received 9 daily specials using the longest yardage guy with the ultimate coach. Doing the same thing, I'm on track to earn about 9 more when the OT comes up.

I'm looking to get one OT beyond the 9 fields I've won. I've got 2 upgrades left from last year, having also used the ultimate coach and furthest guy. I expect using the current strategy, I'll be able to finish a second one for free. If I'm a bit short, I can spend some free diamonds for a few more footballs, or I can wait to get what I need from the AD.

If you've got the math to show you can do better, go for it.

EntSloth

Does anyone know if OT will show up a second time? I still need a few more kits on mine, and I have 6000 footballs saved up just for that.

RazorbackPirate

My goal in addition to a full Vineyard building and 9 fields was to get a second Olympic Treasury. I still had 2 upgrades leftover from last year's event, and needed only 8 OT kits from today. Going into today I had 4,245 Footballs accumulated and I bought the Ultimate Coach with some free diamonds. I ended up buying the 1,200 Football package twice (free diamonds) to get the eight that I needed.

In all, out of this event I got a full Vineyard, 9 fields, and 4 OT upgrades for free. Then 2,400 more footballs with free diamonds for the last OT upgrades I needed. I always hate to spend diamonds on anything, but this is why I accumulate them. I had already made space for it in my pending redesign, and I didn't want to plant it unless fully upgraded. No regrets.

DreadfulCadillac

Only bought 800 footbals with diamonds, but Whenever I spent i used special coach or ultimate coach here is my event results.:
lvl 8 vineyard.
2 Fully leveled OT's (had one upgrade in inventory, so 19kits total, (EDIT:just remembered i got an extra OT kit later today so 20 total))
4 lavender lawn
5 cypress pass
1 lvl 1 vineyard
1 extra vineyard kit.
Ill most likely end up in silver league as well, so another lavender lawn from that.
This excludes all the not daily special rewards, and of course theres still 3-4 days left of the event....
More then satisfied with this event.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Only bought 800 footbals with diamonds, but Whenever I spent i used special coach or ultimate coach here is my event results.:
lvl 8 vineyard.
2 Fully leveled OT's (had one upgrade in inventory, so 19kits total)
4 lavender lawn
5 cypress pass
1 lvl 1 vineyard
1 extra vineyard kit.
Ill most likely end up in silver league as well, so another lavender lawn from that.
This excludes all the not daily special rewards, and of course theres still 3-4 days left of the event....
More then satisfied with this event.

While I am selling the event building because this event was purely for the phenomenal DS selection and I wanted the Sentinels and Plazas and scored a pile of both, your take is very impressive to say the least. I am very pleased with this event as well just not for the same reasons as yours.

Tytan the Great

My luck has not been great for this event. First time, bought the diamond coach and burned about 5k footballs, only got 7 winner’s plaza kits. That’s horrible RNG, and I chose the cheapest player. Second time, bought the diamond coach again and spent about 3k footballs, got 8 vineyard field selection kits. Same strategy as before but got a bit better than first run, but still not good enough. The consolation prize is I’m currently sitting comfortably in Silver League. I’ll just wait until the very last day to burn all my footballs, using the coach that gives extra league points, to hopefully secure silver league. Overall, this event is good in term of daily special prizes, its just my horrid luck. Now I need to decide which field to choose for my vineyard. Cypress with 8% attack is just ok for its size, but I can get a 64% attack increase immediately, which is huge. Or I can go all Lavender and make a 40fps vineyard to feed my Blue Galaxy. I’m still debating, so any suggestions are welcome. Btw I’m in PME now, and will probably go to CE in a month. I usually stay a few months in each age, not a camper. Current A/D is about 650/400.

Johnny B. Goode

My luck has not been great for this event. First time, bought the diamond coach and burned about 5k footballs, only got 7 winner’s plaza kits. That’s horrible RNG, and I chose the cheapest player. Second time, bought the diamond coach again and spent about 3k footballs, got 8 vineyard field selection kits. Same strategy as before but got a bit better than first run, but still not good enough.
So with the Diamond coach the % chance of the Daily Special ranges from 10% up to 13% for the cheapest players. And the cost per play ranges from 41 Footballs up to around the mid-60s. Taking 50 as a generous average (meaning it will lean towards more chances than you actually got), that's 100 chances at 5k Footballs and 60 chances with 3k Footballs. Breaking that down with your results, the first time you got the Daily Special 7% of the time. The second time you got the Daily Special 13% of the time. Even ignoring the fact that you probably got fewer actual chances than I'm using for this, and thus your % of success is actually higher than this, those are not "horrible" results. The 7% is slightly on the low side, but by no means unusually so. And the 13% result is actually pretty darn good. I'm not sure what you were expecting as far as results when you always picked the player with the lowest chance of getting the Daily Special, but in reality you did alright. Certainly nothing to complain about.

Lord Pest

My goal was rather modest. I had 2 OT upgrades in inventory and my goal was to get 8 OT selection kits to pit down my 2nd OF in my town. I spend 6k footballs and got 9 selection kit. So that goal was met. My other goal was to get as many winner plaza selection kits as I could. I spend almost 5k footballs and only got 4 winner plaza upgrade kits. So I don’t think that was great luck. What I am doing is keeping the winner plaza selection kits in inventory until I see the level 1 winner plazas show up in the AD.

UBERhelp1

This event went pretty well for me. I got a decent amount of renos on my main (~10), a huge amount of altar garden kits on my Tiny Town (~20!!), and so I'm happy with this one.

While I didn't and probably won't end up placing the Vineyard on my Main, I've put it down in my Tiny Town. The supply boost is nice, and it provides a decent amount of FP and goods on the side.

Sniperdude1220

Here's how I view it, I could either get 10 fields that will take up a whopping 5x20 space in my city and give meh rewards, or I could get 10 upgrade kits for olympic treasury and boost that defence up + a great amount of fps and goods. You guys realize you don't need any fields for the terracotta vineyard to be good... right? just get a lvl 8 and snag yourself a colossus or a treasury on the side, completely free, and call it a day.
I dunno. Use lavender fields with those 10 plus a fully upgraded Vineyard is what, 48 forge points ? Throw in a decently leveled Blue Galaxy proc and you’re at 96 forge points at harvest. . Doesn’t sound too awful too me. Are there more ” efficient “ ways to use that space ? Almost certainly . Plenty of ways to skin cats in this game and what’s even better is you can try something out for awhile and put it back into storage if it’s not panning out .

KingLear13

So, here is how the strategy using the most efficient boosted DS players (important note, this does not always mean cheapest players) resulted for me. Recall, per the PM above, the objective was to get 20 OT Selections to build 2 OT buildings. After ~7500 footballs, boosted by using all coaches which the 150 diamonds bought, earned 22 OT Selections. Victory! May use all the coaches again for 150 diamonds for however many footballs I have going into the last 2 days, if any Sentinel DS are offered and/or to try to remain within the Silver placing (would obviously like to sneak into Gold, but that is doubtful). There could be differing ways to get similar or better DS results, but this worked for me.

Thank you all for your input.

Oswyn the noble

for first time in any past events i played, i was able to max out terracotta vineyard bldg in 2 sanctuary cities. when i first started out playing forge bowl, i had terrible luck.