• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2021 questions and non feedback comments

RazorbackPirate

Here's how I view it, I could either get 10 fields that will take up a whopping 5x20 space in my city and give meh rewards, or I could get 10 upgrade kits for olympic treasury and boost that defence up + a great amount of fps and goods. You guys realize you don't need any fields for the terracotta vineyard to be good... right? just get a lvl 8 and snag yourself a colossus or a treasury on the side, completely free, and call it a day.
I got 9 fields total and will spend the rest on OT kits. I'm happy.

Shelob

Hey gang, so i was just wondering if you get 2 Terracotta Vineyards and have a few vineyard fields between them, do both main buildings get all/some of the bonus of the fields? like if you had main building, 3 vineyard fields and another main building all in a line would both main buildings get the all boosts?
And if the fields were all the same (the forge point field) would both vineyards get the total fp of all the fields? or would it work if the fields were all different?
I know that will take up a lot of space but thought it would be worth asking because you can double the bonus of the vineyard fields without actually needing to get 2 of each field

wolfhoundtoo

The announcement indicates that you have to place the buildings in front of the vineyard to get the bonus. I don't see how you the 2nd vineyard would be considered to be in front of the other buildings if it's at the end of the line.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

So you stack 5 Rectangles for 5 wide and 11 deep.
The TC Vineyard gets all the Bonuses like the Winter Train set?
Yes. You get the goods and FP from collecting the TC Vineyard, and the att/def boosts are listed in its info box. All those are also listed in the individual fields' info boxes, but you can't collect the goods or FP from the fields themselves.

Aggressor

Here's how I view it, I could either get 10 fields that will take up a whopping 5x20 space in my city and give meh rewards, or I could get 10 upgrade kits for olympic treasury and boost that defence up + a great amount of fps and goods. You guys realize you don't need any fields for the terracotta vineyard to be good... right? just get a lvl 8 and snag yourself a colossus or a treasury on the side, completely free, and call it a day.
Sure, you can. Nothing wrong with that. But theres more to the fields than meets the eye. I couldve gone for a treaury, boosted my attack defense by 14%, gotten 8 more FPs a day, 25 more goods and some other stuff I dont care about. But instead, I went for the fields. Right now, I have a Terracotta Vineyard the full length of my city giving me 64% attack boost and 64% attack defense. The fields gave me a huge numbers increase, overnight. It was pretty sweet. Im happy with what I have right now. Stop counting the fields out with their "meh" rewards because I guarantee you Ive increased my numbers a WHOLE lot more than you this event.
Side note: I havent even spent all of my footballs yet and I have won 20 daily specials. The Ultimate coach is awesome!

RazorbackPirate

Another thing to consider is the ability to connect the entire thing with a single tile. I currently have mine planned for 9 fields long running the edge of my city, with two tiles of road touching the corner of the Vineyard.

As for the Olympic Treasury vs. Terracotta Vineyard, my answer is both. Now that have the 9 fields I want, I'll save the 2.5K footballs I have left, plus whatever other currency I get and spend them on OT kits. I have 2 upgrades left from last year, so that leaves 8 more kits needed for a second OT. I expect by the time they roll around, along with the Ultimate coach, I'll have enough currency to get 3 or more upgrades, leaving 5 or less to get from the AD.

This being the OT's second appearance, I'm betting on it making it to the AD the next time Inno adds stuff. I'm patient. I can wait to grab the last few from the AD. If nothing else, it will give me something to spend my AD currency on.

Pumbaa the Great

Sure, you can. Nothing wrong with that. But theres more to the fields than meets the eye. I couldve gone for a treaury, boosted my attack defense by 14%, gotten 8 more FPs a day, 25 more goods and some other stuff I dont care about. But instead, I went for the fields. Right now, I have a Terracotta Vineyard the full length of my city giving me 64% attack boost and 64% attack defense. The fields gave me a huge numbers increase, overnight. It was pretty sweet. Im happy with what I have right now. Stop counting the fields out with their "meh" rewards because I guarantee you Ive increased my numbers a WHOLE lot more than you this event.
Side note: I havent even spent all of my footballs yet and I have won 20 daily specials. The Ultimate coach is awesome!
So you are saying that 5x35 building that give you an efficiency of 0.365 Atk and Def for Atk army is better than receiving 1.300 for an Olympic Treasury?

I know the roads will shrink the efficiency down some.

For the space you used for your fields you could have put 7 OT and received 182% towards Def for Atk army. Plus you have space to put 35 level 2 Outposts for another 140% Def for Atk army. Not to mention the 157 more goods and 48 more FPs than the vineyard give you. All for the same space as your vineyard.

A lot of players (high ages) will not waste that kind of space for a building that is not efficient, (lower aged) will not build because space is very minimum.

So yes there is something wrong with this building/set.

wolfhoundtoo

But you are assuming that it's an either/or which it isn't in this case. Yes if you are willing to spend enough money you can get that many OTs but for those that don't want to spend or not spend much then it isn't a case of which is more efficient because they don't have the 2 items as an option but what is most efficient or worthwhile of the options they do have.

Algona

wolfhoundtoo

Well that is an astounding display of confidence in your belief that it will come up twice more..........as the only one who might lose something is someone else. :p

Pumbaa the Great

Well that is an astounding display of confidence in your belief that it will come up twice more..........as the only one who might lose something is someone else. :p
It appeared 3 times in Beta. The previous event main building always appears at least twice in the next years event. Just like the vineyard will appear at least twice next years forge bowl.

Pumbaa the Great

I appreciate you clearing that up for me.

No, I don't mean the current Event.

I want to play in the Event you expect to get 70 or more DS hits to earn the 7 OTs.
There are whales out there that will buy (or use the farmed) and spend the diamonds. To get the 70+ DS for 7 OTs. Just look at same of the higher ranked players and ask yourself how much did they really spend for diamonds to get 7 crow's nests or (insert another event building here).

The #2 player in my main world has; 4 maxed Abandoned Asylums (most likely from 2 events ago), 11 Charcoal Trains (most likely from last event), and 16 level 2 winner's plaza (must likely from this event). I know the level1 plazas are in AD, but the others are not currently in AD as of today (1/24).

I'm just saying that there are better uses for the space than the 5x35 vineyard takes up.

RazorbackPirate

There are whales out there that will buy (or use the farmed) and spend the diamonds. To get the 70+ DS for 7 OTs. Just look at same of the higher ranked players and ask yourself how much did they really spend for diamonds to get 7 crow's nests or (insert another event building here).
So what? How is that in any way what we're talking about here? Can you fill the space with XY and Z which would give you ABC if you did? Sure. BUT almost no one will ever spend that kind of money.

So let's take the discussion out of your fantasy world of unlimited money and make believe city. Let's ground it in the real world where the normal people live. I don't care what the top 1% of players in Gold league are doing, or how much money they're spending to do it. Beyond my appreciation they keep the game afloat, their massive spending has no effect on my city. Nor yours.
The #2 player in my main world has; 4 maxed Abandoned Asylums (most likely from 2 events ago), 11 Charcoal Trains (most likely from last event), and 16 level 2 winner's plaza (must likely from this event). I know the level1 plazas are in AD, but the others are not currently in AD as of today (1/24).
Again, so what?
I'm just saying that there are better uses for the space than the 5x35 vineyard takes up.
And I'm just saying that this better uses only exists in your fantasy world of unlimited money and a make believe city.

Me, I prefer to live in the real world. The world where this set will be a net boost to my city's numbers based on my currently available options. I don't care the number of spaces it takes when what it's replacing gave me less. That's the world I live in. That's the world I build my city in.

Could I fill the space with better buildings I don't have? No. I don't have the buildings, nor am I willing to spend the money needed to get them. Your point is pointless. Get out of the clouds.

DeletedUser

So what? How is that in any way what we're talking about here? Can you fill the space with XY and Z which would give you ABC if you did? Sure. BUT almost no one will ever spend that kind of money.

So let's take the discussion out of your fantasy world of unlimited money and make believe city. Let's ground it in the real world where the normal people live. I don't care what the top 1% of players in Gold league are doing, or how much money they're spending to do it. Beyond my appreciation they keep the game afloat, their massive spending has no effect on my city. Nor yours.

Again, so what?

And I'm just saying that this better uses only exists in your fantasy world of unlimited money and a make believe city.

Me, I prefer to live in the real world. The world where this set will be a net boost to my city's numbers based on my currently available options. I don't care the number of spaces it takes when what it's replacing gave me less. That's the world I live in. That's the world I build my city in.

Could I fill the space with better buildings I don't have? No. I don't have the buildings, nor am I willing to spend the money needed to get them. Your point is pointless. Get out of the clouds.

Please stop spouting common sense and reality , you are upsetting people lol