• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2022 Feedback

Tytan the Great

I was hoping the Fiore Villega will be updated to include fps on the live version. Without fps, and with the other stats nothing outstanding, it will be hard to justify putting it down, especially for newer players. I personally don’t need the fps, so I’m on the fence about it. Will see how many daily specials I get and how much space I can find.

Gypsy Grace

From what I can tell, I'm pretty sure I can live without the Fiore. I will play and see if I can get some other goodies that help me out. If I do end up with the Fiore, I guess I will sell in the AD.

RazorbackPirate

I was hoping the Fiore Villega will be updated to include fps on the live version. Without fps, and with the other stats nothing outstanding, it will be hard to justify putting it down, especially for newer players. I personally don’t need the fps, so I’m on the fence about it. Will see how many daily specials I get and how much space I can find.
Short sighted thinking if you ask me. (which you didn't)

More Defense for the Attacking Army means more fights in GBG. More fights in GBG = More FPs.

Let's say at 4x6 they settled on 10 FPs. If you're in an active GBG guild, even newer players can get more than 10 FPs a day.

While more attack is always good, if you can't survive the hits you take, you die.

Kranyar the Mysterious

No fp without something outstanding to replace it means that there is no way I'll build it in my main city. Even in the new world of Carthage I probably won't build it, but if I do it will only remain for a short time. Pure AD fodder.

And such a shame too, since it is gorgeous!

I'll still play the event for the dailies, but that should in no way be inferred as my liking it.

Ebeondi Asi

I agree the lack of Forge Points is not a good sign for the future. Will we see every Event building from now on, hobbled in some way (like the last Event Building did not have any Goods.)
A hint if you want to take off Coins.. Not a big deal. LOL

On the other hand it may be seen as more diversity in the event building catalog. That might work if the other main strong bit was increased to compensate as Kranyar wrote.
Otherwise it is more fear of power creep.
(The other side of that is no one will chase new buildings that really are less than what they now have. I personally don't see needing or wanting the next Event main Building at all. It is weaker than everything I already own.)
The last building, lacking goods, I took mainly to replace all the Botanical Gardens and other little lesser bits. And I wil save up my time and money and effort until they give us a new really good combo of stuff in an Event Building again. IF they never do? my cities are already busting at the seams and I have piles of decent stuff saved..
It may be they want to stall Whales getting huge? that may be the angle? all I can think of. Hah haaa too late.

RazorbackPirate

I agree the lack of Forge Points is not a good sign for the future. Will we see every Event building from now on, hobbled in some way (like the last Event Building did not have any Goods.)
This is a completely ridiculous statement. An instance of one makes a trend? Your entire post is silly speculation based on nothing.

Sure, you nailed it! There will be no more FPs EVER in a special event buildings moving forward. Might as well quit now.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Will we see every Event building from now on, hobbled in some way (like the last Event Building did not have any Goods.)
The event following Forge Bowl appears to have a very good building, so maybe a shift but not a trend.

On the other hand it may be seen as more diversity in the event building catalog. That might work if the other main strong bit was increased to compensate as Kranyar wrote.
Fp and attack are the only things worth having in this game, and Inno only has themselves to blame for that happening. If a building doesn't have a combination of two of the following: fp, attack or attack defense, then it is generally not worth building. The exceptions are those buildings that give substantially more attack or attack defense than average (like WC and SO for instance).

Of course some new ability/resource/mechanic would be a great substitute if properly implemented, but that is probably way too much to be asking for at this point.

The other side of that is no one will chase new buildings that really are less than what they now have. I personally don't see needing or wanting the next Event main Building at all. It is weaker than everything I already own.
Exactly. Why build this building when I could fill the same space with 96 attack defense with SO's instead of 30 attack defense with this building. Heck 8 SO would give slightly more attack defense while leaving 16 squares free for other things. Like fp or attack.

Yes, it is harder to get 8-24 level 2 SO than one event building, but between events and the AD my city overrunneth. And in order to build this thing something else would need to go.

Agent327

May I remind everybody ( once again ) that this is a feedback thread and not a discussion. There is no need to react to the feedback of someone else.

Yugi the 7empest

At first I thought I would take a hard pass on building the Fiore. But I do have 12 TFs and don't really need the fps, so swapping one of them out for the Fiore will prolly be my move. I suspect that, in the long run, Fiore would closely follow the Athlon Abbey in the "Event buildings that will go first if I need space" list.

Kaidi

In other games I have played with an event pass, you could make the decision halfway through the event to get the pass and retroactively collect the rewards that you would have collected had you started day 1. Is that the case here?

Lankybrit

The event looks fine. Opportunities to get Daily Specials. I'm not concerned about the lack of FPs for the building. There are way too many ways to get FPs in the game, and the building has solid defense for attacking army. Count me in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gypsy Grace

More Defense for the Attacking Army means more fights in GBG. More fights in GBG = More FPs.

Let's say at 4x6 they settled on 10 FPs. If you're in an active GBG guild, even newer players can get more than 10 FPs a day.

While more attack is always good, if you can't survive the hits you take, you die.
After reading this, I went back to look at the Fiore stats. I guess I didn't pay attention or there was a typo where I got my initial info - I thought it was 2% defense boost for EMA. Uhmmmm...it's 20%!

From what I can tell, I'm pretty sure I can live without the Fiore. I will play and see if I can get some other goodies that help me out. If I do end up with the Fiore, I guess I will sell in the AD.
UPDATE: I'm going to work the event as best I can without spending diamonds and see if I can get a fully levelled Fiore for my main city. It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, right? LOL

RazorbackPirate

In other games I have played with an event pass, you could make the decision halfway through the event to get the pass and retroactively collect the rewards that you would have collected had you started day 1. Is that the case here?
There is no pass. The event starts on the day it starts. You have until the day it ends to complete everything. You can play it or not.

Pericles the Lion

There is no pass. The event starts on the day it starts. You have until the day it ends to complete everything. You can play it or not.
Did you not read the announcement? This year there is an "Event Pass". According to the announcement the pass can be purchased at any time during the event. It is a premium option that sounds like a reskinned Reindeer Sleigh. I'll pass on this extra.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

From what I read it is 50 Euro or 80 Euro (upgrade version) . Which for many players is way too much. For whales I think it will depend on the prizes, and how much a person plays the event to see if it pays or is a waste of money. Since the main prize for this event (no FP) is not the greatest. Some will skip the event hoping for a better main prize down the road.

Agaselle

Sorry folks I am wondering of how you want to react on a event with youre personal feedback ,but it did not even has started.
When Inno put a flow out ,will they also get from us all a feedback or is this just the heat for the real common event review.
sincerely gaselle

Ebeondi Asi

The event has already been played out in Beta. anyone can read the Beta cmments and so many have decided if he Event is worth playingor not, in advance. The prizes are known from Beta,and can be applauded or dissed too.

Agent327

Sorry folks I am wondering of how you want to react on a event with youre personal feedback ,but it did not even has started.
When Inno put a flow out ,will they also get from us all a feedback or is this just the heat for the real common event review.
sincerely gaselle

The announcement gives you a lot of info you can already give your opinion on. Usually people already have something to say about the grand prize and the other prizes that are added.

Agaselle

Who ever came up with this geogeous bet whats nice and whats naughty ,waiting for better game weather since just comming with the GISELA Guild from the cleaners..........................friend gaselle