• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl 2022 Feedback

Kaidi

Did you not read the announcement? This year there is an "Event Pass". According to the announcement the pass can be purchased at any time during the event. It is a premium option that sounds like a reskinned Reindeer Sleigh. I'll pass on this extra.
Thanks, Pericles! I did read that announcement a couple of times, but re-reading it this time, that is indeed what it sounds like, that you can collect all the prizes you would have earned. (Old eyes/old brain.) It did remind me of the reindeer sleigh, but since I can't see what all it's offering in the screenshot, I wanted to wait and see. And as I'm going for dailies, I might end up with more than one pass through the grand prizes, and wanted to see what happens then, since Reindeer stop at...9 prizes or something.

Darkest.Knight

Since I'm now an end-game fighter the building's def buff is nice but w/o any FP's makes it a toughie to add, what I'll remove to place it in my town will cost me FP"s. Removing one of my Terrace Farms will cost 12 FP"s, normally I"ve switched them out w/event buildings w/somewhat fewer FP"s but something else to help otherwise. Might remove FI to make room, we'll c; no matter it will prob be temporary until I get something better. The event buildings for a while now have been very good more often than not, they can't all be equal winners, have to wait and c if they get toned down in general.

As far as the event goes I always like getting the "right" daily special, maybe I'll be lucky and get a few extras.

Joeyjojojo

The pass looks like something I will get in Carthage (maybe J) as by the time the event ends it's a lot of bonus goodies for the diamonds, though better for a new city than an established one.

As for the event building: hard pass. Yea, more attacker def is good for doing more GBG, but even in the space ages the 34% can be surpassed with 9 lv2 SOs, so, as with every other attacker def building: if that's why you're getting it, don't bother and use SOs. If the event building gives other things you want (FPs, attacker atk, maybe goods) then the attacker def boost is a nice bonus. This building is large and gives 0 FPs, 0 attacker atk, and so is of no use to me. Other players may really think the goods provided is enough of an offset to make this worthwhile, I don't...goods are nice, but if I need more, I'll run more RQs.

(yes, 9x SOs is 18 dailies, but they are also available in many events rather than just 1/year, and they don't require a road so are much easier to drop into your city)

Zatrikon

34% Defense Bonus to Attacking Army, for a 4x6 building = 24 squares. In SAV.

or

34% Defense Bonus to Attacking Army, for 17 level-1 Sentinel Outposts = 17 squares, in any configuration, with no road connection required.

or

34% Defense Bonus to Attacking Army, for 9 level-2 Sentinel Outposts = 9 squares in any configuration, with no road connection required.

Gypsy Grace

more attacker def is good for doing more GBG, but even in the space ages the 34% can be surpassed with 9 lv2 SOs, so, as with every other attacker def building: if that's why you're getting it, don't bother and use SOs.
In EMA here...I can't just run to the Tavern and pick up a Sentinel Outpost or two whenever I want. Sure, I like the Winter Event building better than this one, but I will play to get a fully loaded version of the Fiore to aid my attackers AND build the guild treasury (only 12 of us) in addition to the medals and goods.

Ebeondi Asi

Couple of players complaining about never getting any Daily after spending enormous amount of footballs. Just mentioning it. I haven't started yet except to do just one try to get rid of the annoying nonstop finger (and in one of the three cities of those I got an alternate Daily)
The not getting any Daily is really a disheartening fact of some Events. I now despise Halloween for it's total lack of Daily prizes two years in a row
I played a little more and got one Colossus bit in each City. The thing is, the lesser prizes usualy avergae toward a normal distribution. it is the highly sought after Daily that seldom are 'normal' distribution.
(As I wrote in Halloween it was painfully obvious the highly sought after Daily were being cut a great deal from the usual percentages. )

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

I used up all my event currency (+/- 1650 footballs) in each of my 4 small cities. Used the Special Coach and chose the least costly player each time. Got 3 TVs in two cities, 5 in one and 6 in the other. Pretty good so far.

Kranyar the Mysterious

So, is the update to 1.222 on PC today going to fix the balance issue for mobile players as well, or is it going to continue to affect us until we are able to update our app in days to weeks?

Kaidi

I used up all my event currency (+/- 1650 footballs) in each of my 4 small cities. Used the Special Coach and chose the least costly player each time. Got 3 TVs in two cities, 5 in one and 6 in the other. Pretty good so far.
I spent 2800 - finished the main/rush questline in about 2.5 hours, so had plenty to spend - and got the full set (plus one extra, in case I end up with too many fields for my tiny city, lol). I was using the Ultimate coach.

Gypsy Grace

I spent 2800 - finished the main/rush questline in about 2.5 hours, so had plenty to spend - and got the full set (plus one extra, in case I end up with too many fields for my tiny city, lol). I was using the Ultimate coach.
How so? I completed level 38 and have to do one event per day now...

Kaidi

How so? I completed level 38 and have to do one event per day now...

There are two questlines, the rush quests, and the daily quests. The first 35 Quests are the rush quests. 36 and up are daily quests. (36 on Tuesday, 37 on Wednesday, 38 today, etc.) So if you just finished your dailies today, yeah, it would look like it the dailies started today, but they actually start the first day of the event. If you finished on the first day of the event, as I did, you only have access to #36 at that point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gypsy Grace

Do you have to buy the Event Pass for each item you want in the blue line or does one Event Pass get you all of the items in the blue line?

Kaidi

Do you have to buy the Event Pass for each item you want in the blue line or does one Event Pass get you all of the items in the blue line?
You get all of the items, up to however far you got with the regular grand prizes. :) (i.e. you get a pass prize corresponding to every Grand prize you win.)

Kranyar the Mysterious

LeCron said:
Dear players,

We are making some balancing changes to the Fiore Village within the next game update, which means that a few attribute improvements will be introduced to the grand prize building.
Extra guild goods is nice, but for the rest... a slight boost to worthless stats doesn't make the building any less worthless. And this is the most worthless building in years.

blueskydwg

I built a spreadsheet that lets me rank buildings based on my current game requirements.
I can rank the items provided by each building on such things as fps, goods, attack, city defense, and attack defense. That is factored based on the size of the building. Right now my values are set at 1 for fps, 1 for attack, zero for city defense (not sure why I even put that in there - much like coins and supplies - pretty much a non issue at later times in the game), a half point for goods, and 3 for attack defense. So you can see, I'm really looking forward to building the Fiore Villate

blueskydwg

As for the event building: hard pass. Yea, more attacker def is good for doing more GBG, but even in the space ages the 34% can be surpassed with 9 lv2 SOs,

(yes, 9x SOs is 18 dailies, but they are also available in many events rather than just 1/year, and they don't require a road so are much easier to drop into your city)

Agree that the SO is very valuable - that's why I have 35 of them in my city. And my ranking puts it at the most desirable building of all (see my note in this forum about ranking). But there are other less valuable buildings taking up space that can be replaced by the Fiore Village.