• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Event 2021 Feedback

Don't like that we have another main event building with the low mopo priority thing. First it was the Winter Train, then the Hippodromes, Harvest Barn, this building, and it looks like the next one as well. Is the purpose to give plunderers more variety of buildings to loot, make us all use those Self-Aid Kits piled up in inventory, get more/better friends? These buildings are supposed to be the "Grand Prize" yet they have this Achilles Heel.

UBERhelp1

I won't be placing this event building. I doubt I'll even spend anything on the diamond coach to get more prizes. Just not feeling it with this event. I do like the introduction of the event mystery boxes (they will tell us when the next event will start :p)...

FluffyPhoenix

The only good thing from this event will be more sentinels. The building looks too large for what it's worth compared to other buildings. Why bother with the defense piece when that much space could be devoted to sentinels instead, for example?

Mr. Pottah

Looking at the Forge Bowl event, i can see alot of items going to the Antiques Dealer. Will not be using diamonds for this event, and find the overall arc of these last few events, disappointing.

-Chen-

Only a few hours in and I can say, without hesitation is, BEST-EVENT-EVER!!! (and that has nothing to do with the fact that I love football)

At least it is since the time I started playing last April. The Vineyard is a very good (albeit with a large footprint) building with a great look and overall production, sorta like the hippo, only without being a huge eyesore in my city. The secondary prize of the Olympic Treasury is a fantastic building, also with good overall production, but has the added benefit of not taking up a ton of space. Which leads me to what I think ties it all together and makes it such a great event, the hit rate on the daily special is outstanding!!

Absolutely love the option of increasing your daily special hit rate percentage by choosing the appropriate coach, and hope to see something similar in the other events moving forward. Best piece of advice I can give besides the usual saving of the event currency and using it to go hard after whatever you identify as your main priority is to spend the measly 100 diamonds needed to activate the "Ultimate Coach" on whatever days you are going hard after the special, SO worth the investment, as both your rewards and hit rate on the special increase noticeably!!

Fantastic job all around Inno!!!

MAttHEATLifer

Has anyone else seen how FoE basically wants to get rid of their free to play players? Not only that the latest event buildings we’re worthless and didn’t actually help anyone, but now i see they removed the WW’s from the Forge bowl event. I guess thx, no need now to go to the extra length in order to keep up with the diamond buyers( GbG wise), and it will be more convenient for FoE team to manage only diamond players. Now i can leave the game entirely.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Has anyone else seen how FoE basically wants to get rid of their free to play players? Not only that the latest event buildings we’re worthless and didn’t actually help anyone, but now i see they removed the WW’s from the Forge bowl event. I guess thx, no need now to go to the extra length in order to keep up with the diamond buyers, and it will be more convenient for FoE team to manage only diamond players. Now i can leave the game entirely.
Nope. I've not noticed it at all. In the last event, I got 3 fully upgraded Bakeries, Making each different and offsetting their placement gets all three full boosted. All for free. As far as WWs, they didn't remove them, they weren't even there on Beta. I'm fine with not every event having WWs. With them available through the AD, and FoYs having shrink kits, setting up a diamond farm has never been easier.

In what world do you think as a free player you can keep up with the diamond buyers. Unless you're willing to do what they do, drop some serious coin, you'll never have what they have. So what? How does another player buying their way to more affect your city? Who cares?

As far as you quitting the game, "can I has yer dimons?'

Kranyar the Mysterious

Nope. I've not noticed it at all. In the last event, I got 3 fully upgraded Bakeries, Making each different and offsetting their placement gets all three full boosted. All for free. As far as WWs, they didn't remove them, they weren't even there on Beta. I'm fine with not every event having WWs. With them available through the AD, and FoYs having shrink kits, setting up a diamond farm has never been easier.

In what world do you think as a free player you can keep up with the diamond buyers. Unless you're willing to do what they do, drop some serious coin, you'll never have what they have. So what? How does another player buying their way to more affect your city? Who cares?

As far as you quitting the game, "can I has yer dimons?'
I agree with everything except the part about diamond farms being easier than ever.

I have a fairly new one, and it has been by far the hardest to build, and I have experience doing it so can avoid using trial and error to build it. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but takes longer now to get it going reasonably. Level a ToR get lots of FoY - takes awhile, both for the ToR and for being able to do even close to level 4 of GE. Level an SC, get ww kits - again, takes awhile. And few new diamond farms desire to move into EMA, so AD isn't an option either, and even if it was a new city won't have enough to trade to buy wells or shrink kits in a meaningful quantity.

Joeyjojojo

First for the event: the main questline was one of the easiest to rush that I can remember (I don't prep my cities in advance other than by luck). Not a lot of long productions, which I appreciate as they mostly feel like roadblocks. Main event prize looks nice but is way too big for the benefits, so will be a pass, like the last event's prizes. For the boost you get, imo the chain fields should be 5x1 (maybe the FP one reduce to 3 or 2 in that case).

I think that there are fewer WWs and many other prizes because we are getting more previous event buildings as rewards. While I like being able to get OT in my city that didn't exist last year and I like being able to get more in others, I do feel like it cheapens the prize. Between that and getting them at the AD, I'd like to see only one previous reward building offered as a daily (from the previous year for those who couldn't complete) and only offered on one day (not the first, but early on). I suspect that would encourage diamond use as if you come up short you'd have to try your luck with the AD. (I also suspect people would whine a lot.)

Edit...again: whichever moderator removed the "off topic" items from this post (and they were...kind of), one of the lines you removed was pertaining to the surprise box from THIS EVENT, namely that I like it because it gives players who complete events a leg up on the next.

Last edited:

CommanderCool1234

This so far has been one of my favorite events, except for the fact that you cant get wishing wells. I love the animation of the people throwing the football and the quests were super easy, I was able to finish them 5 hours after the event started withougt preping my city and with only 8 blacksmiths. I like the coaches (which in my opinion are a bit overpowered). I spent all my currency in my second world and got 12 olive groves. So overall a great event, great dailys to be had and an okay event building.

CommanderCool1234

Some people are saying the main event building is bad but for new cities if you are able to get to get 12 attack fields like I did that is 96 attack which is huge for new players.

CaptainKirk1234

Has anyone else seen how FoE basically wants to get rid of their free to play players? Not only that the latest event buildings we’re worthless and didn’t actually help anyone, but now i see they removed the WW’s from the Forge bowl event. I guess thx, no need now to go to the extra length in order to keep up with the diamond buyers( GbG wise), and it will be more convenient for FoE team to manage only diamond players. Now i can leave the game entirely.
The second best player in cirgard once told me he rarely bought diamonds.

Johnny B. Goode

I have noticed this in multiple events, in pretty much every city I play. Any other time there are tons of incidents to collect. Then you get an event quest that requires you to collect just a few and suddenly they're as scarce as can be. Doesn't matter if I've collected them regularly or not. It's happened too many times to be a coincidence. In fact, on my VF city there is a spot where there is literally always an Incident. And it regularly regenerates multiple times per visit. Except when there's an Incident collection event quest. And I'm talking it is there every single time I log on to that city. Until that quest comes up. And suddenly it's a vacant spot in the wilderness.