• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Event 2021 Feedback

Aggressor

My personal thoughts on this building(s)

Its actually good to see a main event building without attack boost. A break is nice every once in a while. I think as far as production its okay; a lot of people want their socks knocked off by the event buildings but I like that this one doesnt, I dont like how fast the power creep is creeping :D

Now, for the fields, this event is good for a specific type of player. Lets take a look
Cypress Pass - 10 tiles - 8% attack. Not very efficient in higher ages.
Olive Grove - 10 tiles - 8% attack defense. If you filled those 10 tiles with level 2 Sentinel Outposts you get 40% attack defense. So this field is NOT efficient.
Lavender Lawn - 10 tiles - 4 FPs. I personally think these are pretty good, more efficient than some of the most common FP buildings, and great for Blue Galaxies.
Grapevines - 10 tiles - 10 goods. These are trash in low ages, most goods buildings are smaller and more efficient. In higher ages these Grapevines get a bit better, but you can get all the goods you need from your CF so these Grapevines are worse than inefficient, theyre a waste of space.

Most people look at the efficiency and say "see, these fields suck!" What they dont understand is opportunity cost. These fields are GOOD for players looking to grow fast. Lets take a look at the fields through the lens of opportunity cost.
Cypress Pass - compared to popular choice this event, Level 2 Winner's Plaza, it takes winning the daily special once to boost your attack by 8% (cypress pass) as opposed to having to win the daily special twice to increase your attack by 5-13% (level 2 Winner's Plaza). This means if you only win say, 10 daily specials this event, you can either increase your attack boost by 80% with these Cypress Passes or by 25-65% with Level 2 Winner's Plazas.
Olive Grove - compared to popular choice this event, Level 2 Sentinel Outpost, it takes winning the daily special once to boost your attack defense by 8% (olive grove) as opposed to having to win the daily special twice to boost your attack defense by 4% (Level 2 Sentinel Outpost). This means that if you win 10 daily specials this event, you can either increase your attack defense by 80% with these Olive Groves or by 20% with level 2 Sentinel Outposts.
Lavender Lawn - compared to popular choice (overall, not just for this event) Shrine of Knowledge, it takes winning the daily special once to increase your daily FP income by 4 FPs (Lavender Lawn) as opposed to winning the daily special once to increase your daily FP income by 1 FP (SoK). This means that if you win 10 daily specials this event, you can either increase your daily FP income by 40 FPs with these Lavender Lawns or by 10 FPs with SoKs. (Not to mention that Lavender Lawns are also more efficient than SoKs and SoKs eat up aids, although there is a plunder risk with this Terracotta Vineyard set)
Grapevines - we've already established that these are trash.

So in conclusion, for the advanced players who are focused on max efficiency per square, this event is unappealing. But for players looking to grow quickly, this event is a dream come true. And Inno is doing a good job catering to everyone with their events. The Halloween Event's House of the Wolf was a great efficiency building... it gave 6-14% attack boost, 6-14% attack defense and 4 FPs in a 4x3. While this was awesome for advanced players, players looking to grow didnt see a huge increase in their attack, attack defense and FP values. With this event, players looking to grow can see their attack values grow by the hundreds or their FP income increase by 50. So this event is definitely not trash or disappointing, it's just meant for a different type of player.

67Sage101

1. The league play benefits diamond players because it includes the league coach as well. So big diamond players are guaranteed silver and gold and no diamond players are left in the dust.
2. The questline is not giving out enough rewards for small diamond players.
3. The questline activities are overly burdensome. For example, increase enthusiasm by 750 (but space is limited and being taken up by the other burdensome buildings that are finishing 12x 4 hour productions)
4. The questline forces players that have full cities, to build and destroy structures multiple time during the event. Then other quests ask for outright payments of coins and production in addition to the C/P spent on buildings.

RazorbackPirate

1. I expect to end up in Silver as I have in years past during similar events. Gold league is the top 1% of the server, yes, they will be diamond spenders. So? They keep the lights on. I'm okay with that.
2. The questline gives enough rewards to get one fully upgraded Villa for free, and 9-12 fields, depending on the RNG gods.
3. Increase enthusiasm is one of the easiest quests to complete. Delete a stretch of road, rebuild it, rinse, repeat until the number you need is hit.
4. If doing either of those quests is burdensome, in that you don't have enough resources to do them, then you're doing something wrong. Coins and supplies are abundant. I'll happily convert them to event currency.

CommanderCool1234

2. The questline gives enough rewards to get one fully upgraded Villa for free, and 9-12 fields, depending on the RNG gods.
You could get more than 9 to 12 if you get the manager that gives you an extra 5% chance to get a daily. I would say the chances are closer to 15-20 with this event based of off what I have been getting in my worlds.

Good event, I like the opportunity to win last years previous buildings like the Olympic and the Colossus. However I'm not all too interested in special buildings at the moment since I have no main city to use them in because I've been waiting almost a frikken YEAR for a new world to open. Got a couple nice diamond farms set up when one does arrive. My only complaint is there were no wishing wells in this event. My compliments to many great articles here in the forums in setting up diamond farms.

BruteForceAttack

Good event, I like the opportunity to win last years previous buildings like the Olympic and the Colossus. However I'm not all too interested in special buildings at the moment since I have no main city to use them in because I've been waiting almost a frikken YEAR for a new world to open. Got a couple nice diamond farms set up when one does arrive. My only complaint is there were no wishing wells in this event. My compliments to many great articles here in the forums in setting up diamond farms.

Yes this was the best event to acquire wishing wells and Inno has sadly nixed it..

Jern2017

I completed the event in both of my worlds. I'm not a fan of buildings that come in sets, nor did the Terracotta Vineyard seem worth putting down in my main city. The thing that disappointed me the most was the fact there were no WWs/Shrink Kits SO Upgrade Kits offered as daily specials.

Joeyjojojo

The thing that disappointed me the most was the fact there were no WWs/Shrink Kits SO Upgrade Kits offered as daily specials.
Actually it seems SO upgrade was offered on day 3. You missed it. I did too, but it'll come up in a future event I suspect.

Final feedback: event was good, I got OT &/or Colossus and finished in silver in all cities (used the diamond coach bc it was cheap enough for me). I liked that it was much lower stress to complete the quests than other events have been, and that I could spend a large pile of footballs relatively quickly, though I would like the option to turn off animations (in all events like this)...maybe after the first time through.

Last edited: