• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl: Rewards Statistical Analysis for Acquiring lvl 7 Pillar with no diamonds.

DeletedUser32824

I was looking up the forge bowl information from last year/the beta server and came across the rewards section about the Pillar of Heroes. I'm interested in building this in my city and I wanted to see what it took to get it to lvl 7 with no diamonds. If you goal for this event is to get more rogue hideouts or SoKs, you can still reference this table, but our overall goals might not be the same.

1. Acquiring the Pillar of Heroes: Complete 7 of the event quests
2. Acquiring Pillar of Heroes upgrades. You will need 6 total.
  1. Received from Completing 20 quests
  2. Received from Completing 40 quests
  3. Received from TD 1
  4. Received from TD 3 (It will take just about all your footballs to get here)
  5. Received from daily special
  6. Received from daily special
So upgrades 1-4 should be locked in. You start with 90 footballs and receive 35 footballs per day for 20 days. If you complete all the quests that's 2700 footballs. This totals 3490. 1 TD is 50 yards. You need to travel 150 yards to receive the second upgrade. If we look at the data it's a relatively easy feat provided you don't choose several of the worst yardage coolers.

Here is a table of all the rewards with ratings for special building acquisition chance as well as ratings for most efficient yardage.

https://imgur.com/a/hSE9W (click for excel picture)

As you can see there are only 3 coolers that will, if consistently chosen, keep you from the promised land of 150 yards. As I understand you will be given 3 random coolers to choose from on any given encounter, so the chances of you being forced to choose a crappy cooler is pretty low.

I would suggest saving all footballs until the PoH upgrades become the daily special. At that point spam as many coolers as it takes to get your first special, always choosing the highest special chance that ALSO will get you to 150 yards. Whenever you get the special STOP and wait until the next time a PoH upgrade is the special. Repeat this the second time a PoH special is listed.

If you acquire BOTH special PoH upgrades and have footballs to spare it's really important to ONLY spend footballs on the coolers with the best yardage that will get you the 3 TDs. This would be the Orange 150, Blue 120, and Orange 85. If one of those isn't in the mix, try and choose the best available option. If you have a lot of excess footballs consider calculating which coolers with both get you to 3 touchdowns AND get some rewards you want (FPs or special event buildings)

NEVER sacrifice the 3rd touchdown for a higher chance at the special. The 3rd TD is a guaranteed gain, whereas sacrificing yardage for a higher chance at the special is a risk that might net you both no special and no 3rd TD.

The overall goal here is to get a 3x3 building in your city that produces coins, goods, 3 FPs, 6 goods and some medals. To this end I wouldn't go for quick forge points in the coolers unless there aren't more efficient options.

Last note: Start saving FPs now to spend during the event so you can fly through the quests! You want to have the most amount of footballs possible when the first PoH shows up.

I made some easy reference lists of the top 5 coolers for each category in order from better to worse:

Best YARDAGE coolers:
  1. Orange 150
  2. Blue 120
  3. Orange 85
  4. Orange 90
  5. Blue 135
Best SPECIAL chance coolers:
  1. Blue 80
  2. Orange 60
  3. Blue 65
  4. Blue 135
  5. Orange 85
Best OVERALL coolers (yardage and special)
  1. Orange 85
  2. Blue 120
  3. Blue 135
  4. Blue 80
  5. Orange 150
Blue 210 isn't on any list! It's terrible! Only choose this if you want a specific building reward inside!

Last edited by a moderator:

ODragon

Since today's Daily Special is NOT the Touchdown, we skip doing anything right?

I'm not sure how it changes you math but the cost of the coolers is different. Orange still best yardage for the football though.

DeletedUser31592

Basically, I should not go after today's SoK if I want a fully upgraded pillar, correct? Save my footballs?

DeletedUser27910

I don't know about anyone else but my touchdown reward today is the pillar of heros upgrade. Is this the only time I'm going to get this as a touchdown reward? I assume it is.

DeletedUser31592

I don't know about anyone else but my touchdown reward today is the pillar of heros upgrade. Is this the only time I'm going to get this as a touchdown reward? I assume it is.

That is my touchdown reward, too. But the daily reward is an SoK.

I basically have no idea how this event works!!!

DeletedUser31498

The TD rewards will never change, just the daily special.

I went for SoK (have finished first 5 quests), favoring the better yardage chests as a "hedge." Ideally, I would get a level 5 pillar I think and 2 SoKs, as opposed to 0 SoKs and level 7 pillar? Curious if others agree.

The best part of SoK is if you get one, you're really happy, whereas the level 6 pillar is kind of meh compared to level 5.

DeletedUser29623

I asked this elsewhere, but what the heck: Is the yardage reset every day? Or can you cumulatively acquire yardage toward a touchdown over multiple days?

Ylisaveta

Is it a new touchdown reward every day?

No, the touchdown rewards are for each time you get 50 yards. Every other reward is a pillar upgrade.

The daily prize (in the chests) changes every day and will include pillar upgrades, the L1 pillar itself, the other event buildings, like the SoK up today.

DeletedUser27910

It's pretty hard for me to believe the touchdown reward doesn't change. If that is the case there are going to be a LOT of pillar upgrades floating around. I can't imagine Inno would do that. Regardless, it would really be nice if Inno would take the time to actually explain how these events work.

DeletedUser31498

It's pretty hard for me to believe the touchdown reward doesn't change. If that is the case there are going to be a LOT of pillar upgrades floating around. I can't imagine Inno would do that. Regardless, it would really be nice if Inno would take the time to actually explain how these events work.

Oh ok i should be more clear. The TD rewards are set in a specific order, and that will never change. Once you score a TD, next reward pops up, then after another TD, etc.

TD rewards in order:
50 Yards Pillar of Heroes Upgrade
50 Yards Shrine of Knowledge
50 Yards 50 Forge Points
50 Yards Wishing Well
50 Yards Rogue Hideout
50 Yards Pillar of Heroes – Lv. 1
50 Yards Renovation Kit
50 Yards Finish All Coin Productions
50 Yards Renovation Kit
50 Yards 6h Mass Supply Rush
50 Yards Watchfire

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29623

Oh ok i should be more clear. The TD rewards are set in a specific order, and that will never change. Once you score a TD, next reward pops up, then after another TD, etc.

And does the yardage you gain carry over from day to day, or do you have to get all 50 yards in one day to get a touchdown?

ODragon

So if I understand this....

We have to move 50 yards to get a TD

2-3 Yards = 80 on average (2.5) to get a TD, this will cost 1600, best luck = 1360 , worst luck = 2000
4-5 Yards = 100 on average (4.5) to get a TD, this will cost 1200, best luck = 1000, worst luck = 1300
8-9 Yards = 210 on average (8.5) to get a TD, this will cost 1260, best luck = 1260, worst luck = 1470

I realize, if you're smart, you'll make your decisions based on how far you have to go. If you have to go only 2, it's not worth spending on the 100/210 and so on.

I also realize I am not taking into account % for daily item but since I only care about guaranteed stuff, this is what makes sense to me.

Am I understanding this correctly?

DeletedUser14354

Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes and no. The yardage variances and costs change each time you select a chest. I think you are on the right track using the average yardage for each chest. I would then divide that by the cost in footballs to come up with some sort of "efficiency" metric. Taking the most efficient chest each time (factoring in what you need once you get close to the goal line) is the way to use the minimum number of footballs for the maximum amount of yardage. That would increase hte chances of you getting each possible upgrade.

ODragon

The yardage variances and costs change each time you select a chest.

Thanks, didn't realize the yardage variances and costs changed each time; that is very useful information!

When you choose one, do they all change or just the one you choose?

DeletedUser27889

The touchdown rewards will stay the same every day as these are accumulative. Gutmeister posted the list, once you win the first one you are on your way to the second than third.

The daily prize, which today is SoK will change everyday.

There are 2 ways to play this event: 1) Go for the 7 upgrades. To do this you will need to save your footballs for a day where the upgrade is the daily prize. You will also want to maximize your footballs by doing the math to make sure you are getting the most yardage out of your balls (hahahaha) this may or may not be the highest priced cooler OR the cooler with the highest chance at the daily prize but will give you more touchdowns.

2) Play like any other event to win the daily prizes of your choice. For this save your footballs for what you want, then when it's available choose the chest with the largest percentage of the item you would like. This also may not be the most expensive chest you need to click the ? to see exactly what is offered in the cooler.

The event was changed halfway through beta, there I was eventually able to get the upgrade but only after spending beta diamonds (feebies) and saving footballs for the upgrade once it was made a daily reward.

The level 7 pillar is by no means a guarantee in this event. Being as though this was changed so much from what we had over in beta it should be more likely here than it was there but if that's what you're going for you need to save your balls (hahahaha iswearimnot12)

Also, I've noticed that their math is weird. Originally we just had pictures with no numbers so we had no idea how far our team would go based on what cooler. After seeing the numbers it seems they were meant to be a bit fishy. For instance, say I have 3 coolers
Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 1.40.07 PM.png

Now if my goal is to score touchdowns if you do the math: the first cooler I spend 17 footballs per yard, second is 60 third is 16.6. So to maximize your footballs you should calculate how many you're spending per yard. In the above example it is the largest/most expensive cooler but that isn't always the case.

DeletedUser32824

I asked this elsewhere, but what the heck: Is the yardage reset every day? Or can you cumulatively acquire yardage toward a touchdown over multiple days?
Yardage isn't reset every day. It's cumulative.

The essential goal for getting a lvl 7 with no diamonds is to save all of your footballs for the days when a pillar upgrade is a special chance in each cooler. Then, you want to spend enough footballs on that day to secure the special. Once again, save your footballs for the next time an upgrade is the special, then repeat. When spending footballs on coolers, ensure you are not spending them on the low football/yard options like the 60 for 1. That's where my table comes in. I have outlined the best coolers for JUST yardage, JUST special, and the coolers that I like the best and are a little of each.

The goal is to get both specials and both pillars as TD rewards. If you do this you will walk away with a lvl 7 pillar and 1 SOK. If you have more footballs left over after getting all 4 upgrades, save them for a day when you want to buy the daily special. If you get to the last day, just spam the daily special.

If you guys have anymore questions, please ask! Sorry I wasn't here to answer them as they came.

DeletedUser32620

I would suggest saving all footballs until the PoH upgrades become the daily special. At that point spam as many coolers as it takes to get your first special, always choosing the highest special chance that ALSO will get you to 150 yards. Whenever you get the special STOP and wait until the next time a PoH upgrade is the special. Repeat this the second time a PoH special is listed.

Why stop? Can't you get the Daily Special more than once a day?