• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FORGE BOWL

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser31498

If Wnner Plaza give 10% like Checkmate or Speaker Corner, I will do the event quests to get it, but it only give 6%, then I just skip it.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Winners'_Plaza
As the endgame user and been in this game for a long time, most of the event gives out not too worthy prize and more of the same. But, hey we finally can have a break from all the Historic Event popping up every other week.

I'm not sure how to see your city, but if you spend all footballs on upgrades, for free seems you're very likely to get 3 FPs, goods, supplies/coins from a 3x3. is that not efficient even for your city? I remember you saying you deleted 100 SoKs recently, so maybe not lol!!

But also just for doing most of the tasks they give a free SoK, which is pretty amazing.

DeeezNuhtz

Found this on the wikia page:
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Forge_Bowl_Event
"Touchdown rewards are endless. You can win unlimited amounts of them, if you buy enough diamonds for that, of course. However, without diamonds you are guaranteed to win not more than 3 touchdown rewards. So you will get 2 Upgrades from them and a Shrine of Knowledge. Together with 2 Upgrades you will get via quests, you can get your Pillar of Heroes to the level 5. If you want to get it to the level 7, you will need to save your footballs till the Upgrade appears in the Daily Specials. Please note that it may take you up to 2000 to get one daily special in the worst case. And you can only get 3525 through quests without spending diamonds on buying them."

Footballs per yard are between 20 and 40, with averages running 33.3, 22.5, and 24.8 for the three options.

DeletedUser30943

I won't get into all the math of it, cuz I just woke up, but on Beta, just playing the game normally, I would have had a level 5 pillar. (As it was, I got lucky and won a single upgrade, so it's actually level 6.) If I recall, two of those were quest rewards during gameplay, and the other two were for yardage. I always looked at the football-cost, prizes, and yardage to make my decision on where to spend footballs, and my choices certainly didn't favour yardage per football in many cases, so while I suspect it's possible to only get to a level 4 pillar, I think you'd have to try really hard to fall short of getting a level 5.

DeletedUser29623

So the best approach to level the pillar as high as possible is to save up footballs to spend on getting touchdowns when the upgrades are the daily special?

DeletedUser31440

So the best approach to level the pillar as high as possible is to save up footballs to spend on getting touchdowns when the upgrades are the daily special?

To an extent, but the touchdowns don't play into the daily special. If the upgrade is your next touchdown reward then it might be more efficient to go for a touchdown, otherwise I think the best play will be to go for the best daily special percentage per football option.

DeletedUser20367

Unless they change something (always possible) the Daily Special will be available in each of the three waterbottle/cooler options. On Beta, after taking a couple of picks just to see what happened, I waited for the Upgrade to be the daily special and then used all my footballs on whichever option gave the most yards. I managed to win 2 Upgrades that way which is enough to get the Pillar to level 7 with the Upgrades you get from touchdowns & the questline.

Some people were discussing the yardage/cost of the different options so there might be a more efficient way than what I did. I didn't look at the 'regular' prizes. I just too the one that gave the most yards. I got three of the new buildings a bunch of FP and some other stuff. All I really cared about was the Pillar Upgrades.

*Arturis*

I'm not sure how to see your city, but if you spend all footballs on upgrades, for free seems you're very likely to get 3 FPs, goods, supplies/coins from a 3x3. is that not efficient even for your city? I remember you saying you deleted 100 SoKs recently, so maybe not lol!!

But also just for doing most of the tasks they give a free SoK, which is pretty amazing.
Space is not a problem, just that most of the prize is not worthy at least to me.
City look:
http://prntscr.com/hy8df0
I get FPs, goods, supplies/coins from GB and doing quests:
http://prntscr.com/hy8h3x

Last edited:

DeletedUser31592

I hate collecting from Blacksmiths in a BA city. I'm still in BA in Z and some days, I just leave them. I can't be plundered and it just feels like a chore.

DeletedUser

In the new building "The Winners Circle", it looks like the athlete on the pedestal in the biggest circle is throwing a javelin. I know the football-player character in the movie "M*A*S*H" was nicknamed "Spearchucker", but I'm pretty sure using actual spears/javelins is illegal in (American) football. :p

Freshmeboy

Lemur has a point...If I suffer a concussion from banging my head on my PC during the Forge Bowl event from trying to advance, will there be a concussion protocol event...? A special green tent for me to get checked by physicians..? Will I have a future lawsuit for CTE....?

DeletedUser27889

If you're interested in getting the Pillar up to level 7 save ALL of your footballs until the upgrade is the prize of the day.

It got changed halfway through beta because it was just a horrible event that made no sense and at times offered an actual 0% chance to win the daily prize. However, on beta I saved the footballs from the time they said they added in the upgrades as a daily prize until it was offered and spent over 1K beta diamonds finished the questline and the only reason I got to 7 was because of the 2 daily upgrades I won.

The full pillar is a great building but this event is going to be a lot of sitting around waiting for it to pop up if you want it or spending a lot of diamonds. Also there will be required advancement.

If you're going for touch downs you need to select the cooler with the most yards per football. It is typically the most expensive and longest yard option however in beta I noticed a few times getting options that were 100 Footballs for 9 yards or 50 footballs for 7. 7 is 2 yards less but 1/2 the cost. It's also worth noting that after every cooler you select the coolers randomly change prices (so maybe the algorithm would actually end up costing you less per touchdown in the long run had you selected the 9 yards) I found no way to tell what triggered more/less expensive coolers and no rhyme or reason to the prices.

Even with all the changes they made it is still going to be a pretty confusing game.

DeletedUser29623

If you're interested in getting the Pillar up to level 7 save ALL of your footballs until the upgrade is the prize of the day.
This is really all I need to know, since the pillar is the only prize I care about. Thanks!

DeletedUser31498

Thanks for cluttering up my screen with the locked countdown icon. :rolleyes::eek::mad:

Yeah seriously. I knew it started the 16th but got excited seeing it at first glance. Now it's just taunting me.

And Manda, compared to other event this one seems to have far less required advancement, just a little bit of C-Map, and NO required research, which is amazing imo.

DeletedUser31592

Yeah seriously. I knew it started the 16th but got excited seeing it at first glance. Now it's just taunting me.

And Manda, compared to other event this one seems to have far less required advancement, just a little bit of C-Map, and NO required research, which is amazing imo.
And it is HUGE. Well, way larger than any other icon. When you are playing on an iPhone, it is huge!

forgebowl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: