• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FORGE BOWL

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

DeletedUser28903

What fun! I have been playing just under a year and this has the best prizes. I especially love the fact that the best cooler is not necessarily the biggest. It depends what you need. You can go for buildings, troops, medals, fp, the daily special or yardage.

These events are more fun if you delight in all the good prizes rather than demanding one particular thing.

ODragon

Someone log into the Asian server and let us know what tomorrow holds in store! I think that's how they got the data for the Christmas stuff 12ish hours early.

DeletedUser28903

From the numbers I got from beta, I heard they was close to 3500 footballs for the event and to get all upgrades for pillar of heroes you will need to score 7 touchdowns (350 yards). This means every 10 footballs will have to be valued as 1 yard. However, none of the options I saw on beta had good rates close to 10 footballs per 1 yard so it is most likely a guaranteed you will need to spend diamonds to get all the upgrades you need.

That or you can also win upgrades as daily prizes
The math is wrong. You need 6 upgrades to get the pillar to level 7, and 2 are in the main questline. So you need four from yardage or luck.
Four touchdowns require 200 yards.
If there are 3500 footballs, then you need to average 7 footballs per yard or better.
Each 100 footballs spent on coolers needs to net you 6 yards. On average, so you don't have to specialize in * bp.

DeletedUser24774

Dear capitalist comrades,
Please freaking cool it with the diamond pop up ads. I'm a diamond player. I spend stupid amounts of money on this game. NO, I don't need you reminding me every 30 minutes to buy diamonds. I will buy them when I'm bleeping good and ready.

I especially don't want those pop up ads to interrupt me in the middle of messaging so that I lose the message I was busy writing - which just happened. Please stop that!!!

See - I could have written something positive about this event cuz frankly I like it so far, but instead I'm posting about something so patently annoying that you shouldn't have programmed in the first place.

PS. Please fix the gvg lag. :)

DeletedUser9624

I have a fear that the referees will open their eyes and start throwing flags on every play for too many men on the line of scrimmage :-/

Zatrikon

What game are they playing? Two lines of players pushing each other one-on-one? What is this, team sumo wrestling? Where's the quarterback? Where's the ball?

Freshmeboy

There are no QB's Zatrikon...nor HBs, WRs, or any semblance of defensive backfield. BUT, the FOE announcement page does specify this is played on a PITCH..which means it can be any damn type of 'foolsball' they want it to be...

DeletedUser32357

The Pillar of Heroes can be upgraded with a Pillar Upgrade Pillar Upgrade item. To upgrade your Pillar, use the Pillar Upgrade item on the Pillar that is already situated in your city. Its upgraded version will then be placed in your inventory, and the original Pillar will disappear from your city (note that the upgraded building will be from your current era, even if the old one was from one of the earlier ages).

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Pillar_of_Heroes

My noob question for today! Do we have to win AND place the Pillar in our city BEFORE we can win upgrades, or will the upgrades sit in our inventory until we get the Pillar?

Freshmeboy

I have the first twenty done and saw I could win more pillars if I want to spend the diamonds getting them....Nahhh..that's OK, I will do fine with SoK's and one pillar maxxed out. It will be a great event.