• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FORGE BOWL

• Thread starter DeletedUser29247
  • Start date

allupinya

Since I can't seem to find a place to post a general feedback comment/question, I will attempt to get a response from here. I am in Oceanic Future, where it costs an obscene amount of supplies to complete a technology, and specifically Orichalcum. So, during these recent events, I keep getting quests requiring me to either complete a tech, or donate like 500 of my current age or previous age goods to the guild treasury, and since none of my GBs produce current age, or previous age, goods (that I can use, because they go to the guild treasury), and I can only collect like 50 or so Orichalcum per day (and it takes most of my OF goods to do so), just exactly how am I supposed to complete these events? I don't believe I've even come close to completing an event, or even a daily quest for that matter, in months. This football event is a great example - I've only been able to complete about 23 of the quests, and there are only 2 days left. So I'm stuck with a level 3 or 4 Pillar of Heroes that I am just going to have to dump back into inventory, just like I'm stuck with partial collections of other event buildings going back to the middle of last year. I understand making these events challenging, but if you have to completely demolish your city to complete them, it really takes the fun out of it. Just my two cents.

DeletedUser30900

Since I can't seem to find a place to post a general feedback comment/question, I will attempt to get a response from here. I am in Oceanic Future, where it costs an obscene amount of supplies to complete a technology, and specifically Orichalcum. So, during these recent events, I keep getting quests requiring me to either complete a tech, or donate like 500 of my current age or previous age goods to the guild treasury, and since none of my GBs produce current age, or previous age, goods (that I can use, because they go to the guild treasury), and I can only collect like 50 or so Orichalcum per day (and it takes most of my OF goods to do so), just exactly how am I supposed to complete these events? I don't believe I've even come close to completing an event, or even a daily quest for that matter, in months. This football event is a great example - I've only been able to complete about 23 of the quests, and there are only 2 days left. So I'm stuck with a level 3 or 4 Pillar of Heroes that I am just going to have to dump back into inventory, just like I'm stuck with partial collections of other event buildings going back to the middle of last year. I understand making these events challenging, but if you have to completely demolish your city to complete them, it really takes the fun out of it. Just my two cents.
If you can take a quick look at HQ city layout guide created by CR, it might help :)

DeletedUser31592

I'm out of footballs in all cities now. (Although I have quest 40 to complete in a couple, so I will get another play or two.) Overall, it was easy to obtain a Level 7 pillar. The city I went after SoKs ended up with 0, but that was my only trouble spot.

Final Results:
A- Level 7 pillar, Level 2 Pillar once I complete quest 40 giving me another upgrade. (Possibly level 3 since I will get to make another play tomorrow after spending 30 FPs)
C- Level 7 pillar, Level 2 Pillar once I complete quest 40 giving me another upgrade. (Possibly level 3 since I will get to make another play tomorrow after spending 30 FPs)
Q- Only completed 24 quests. Level 7 pillar
R- Level 7 pillar, Level 3 Pillar once I complete quest 40 giving me another upgrade. (Possibly level 4 since I will get to make another play tomorrow after spending 30 FPs)
X- Only completed 36 quests. Level 7 pillar, Level 1 Pillar
Y- TWO Level 7 pillars, 1 extra upgrade left, 140 footballs left to spend. I will wait until Monday.
Z- A whole lot of nothing. Besides a Level 2 Pillar. Went after SoKs since I'm parked in BA until my Zeus and ToB get to level 10 (almost there). Only completed 18 quests. Spent all of my footballs seeking SoKs and wound up with NOTHING.

Chance plays a large part. I used the same priority list and was able to get 11 upgrades (plus an extra pillar) in one city (in addition the two achieved through quests) and in another I got exactly ZERO daily prizes. I did have less footballs, but it was still over about 1500!

Zatrikon

If you try to complain, come out with a good one :)
It wasn't a complaint, just an observation. And it might even be wrong. When it asked for "Finish 2 other quests" more recently, it registered as my having completed them, even though it seemed I hadn't done anything *other* than the Daily Challenge. Go figure.

Algona

I understand your frustration but why wait until now to complain? What benefit do you get by complaining now? Did it do you any good when you made the same typr of complaint at the end of Winter Event?

Get proactive for the next Event! Carnival can't be more then a few weeks ahead and Spring will be here in a couple months. You know generally what's happening in Events so you can prepare well in advance. Ask your Guildies for help planning or when you run into a problem. Ask for advice here on the forum.

But quit waiting until it's too late to do any good.

Last edited:

DeletedUser29623

Here’s hoping the pillar will be offered one more time tomorrow, as I’ve got a few leftover upgrades and could get it to Level 5 if I can win one with my few remaining footballs

DeletedUser31592

Here’s hoping the pillar will be offered one more time tomorrow, as I’ve got a few leftover upgrades and could get it to Level 5 if I can win one with my few remaining footballs

Tomorrow is the Arena of Victors. So, unless they put it as the special on the 6th for the few remaining hours, you will sadly be out of luck.

Going by the Maypole in the DCs, I know percentage-wise it is easier to get the upgrade than the Maypole. Because of that, I went for the Level 1 Pillar in all of my cities except Z, and scored in in 5 of the 6.

DeletedUser29623

Tomorrow is the Arena of Victors. So, unless they put it as the special on the 6th for the few remaining hours, you will sadly be out of luck.

The event spills over into the 6th, it seems, but who knows if they’ll offer a different DS for those 6 or so hours.

DeletedUser33130

Well this is my first event. To say I don't know what is going on would be accurate. After reading some of the posts I can say for sure that I don't have a clue about more than what I was reading: Different worlds? Well I guess I will just be lost unless someone mails me since I would rather be playing the game part that I do understand lol

Algona

Well this is my first event. To say I don't know what is going on would be accurate. After reading some of the posts I can say for sure that I don't have a clue about more than what I was reading: Different worlds? Well I guess I will just be lost unless someone mails me since I would rather be playing the game part that I do understand lol

Ask. Go to the Questions Forum and ask. These forums are stuffed with people who are happy to help out. All you gotta do is ask.

allupinya

I understand your frustration but why wait until now to complain? What benefit do you get by complaining now? Did it do you any good when you made the same typr of complaint at the end of Winter Event?

Get proactive for the next Event! Carnival can't be more then a few weeks ahead and Spring will be here in a couple months. You know generally what's happening in Events so you can prepare well in advance. Ask your Guildies for help planning or when you run into a problem. Ask for advice here on the forum.

But quit waiting until it's too late to do any good.
You interpret it as complaining, I interpret it as attempting to open a dialog on the topic with other players who are experiencing the same type of issue with the events. I am not a coiner, and my time to play is very limited, so if the events require multiple days of items that cannot be done in short order, or require cash to complete, it would likely have an adverse effect on a majority of the players. According to your reply, we should not be allowed to comment on game issues we disagree with? Why are you complaining about my comment? What good did it do you to complain about my comment after I've already made it? Perhaps you should become proactive and attempt to have all forums permanently closed to comments since they seem to bother you so much.

DeletedUser29623

I sympathize. I joined right before the summer event and was bewildered as well. I didn’t know what all the different buildings were or have any strategy for what to go for. And this event had a fairly complicated apparatus, with the alternating touchdown prizes and the daily specials.

You will catch on! Also, early on, I found the wiki more helpful than the forums, although if you have a specific question the forums are great.

Algona

You interpret it as complaining, I interpret it as attempting to open a dialog on the topic with other players who are experiencing the same type of issue with the events. I am not a coiner, and my time to play is very limited, so if the events require multiple days of items that cannot be done in short order, or require cash to complete, it would likely have an adverse effect on a majority of the players. According to your reply, we should not be allowed to comment on game issues we disagree with? Why are you complaining about my comment? What good did it do you to complain about my comment after I've already made it? Perhaps you should become proactive and attempt to have all forums permanently closed to comments since they seem to bother you so much.

You've got almost 4 years in the game and you still believe that only coiners and those without a life can complete Events.

You're right. You do need to get Events changed so you can complete them. You are right to be looking for like minded players to help you get Events changed.

Good luck.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30312

Someone in my guild now has 30 lvl 7 pillars in their city o_O

Well, that's ridiculuous. What is it with the whales who feel the need to spam their cities with the latest event prize? Some of the stuff is good, but probably not worth filling a city with. The top guy on my world seems content with just 3 level 7s, he probably doesn't want to rip out all his SoKs and Terrace Farms. Well, whatever, it pays for the rest of us.

Story ---> Daily ---> Event ---> then the poor Treasure Hunt dude ........ sad , left all alone in his box

anywho someone else did the finite tile count for me in Dursland world ..... said tiles are still unattainable

Why is the Treasure Hunt still around anyway? I thought Inno was going to get rid of it.

And there's probably more spaces for expansions than expansions to give people some flexibility in city design.

Didn't do too badly in this event. I got all the upgrades for a level 7 PoH, an Athlete Quarters, 4 Plazas, and picked up another SoK as a touchdown prize. I'm satisfied with that. I have the Pillar leveled up to 5, I'm getting ready to push into Indy sometime in the next several months so, I'm saving an upgrade for that, and maybe keep that second one stashed away for PE eventually.

Next event is another Carnival? Ugh, that was my least favorite event of last year, and I don't really feel the enthusiasm for another lengthy event after both Winter and Forge Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33143

I believe when you successfully complete all quests you should have all Pillar of Heros upgrades. at the end. Not being able to archive all upgrades even after completing all quests seems unfair.

allupinya

You've got almost 4 years in the game and you still believe that only coiners and those without a life can complete Events.

You're right. You do need to get Events changed so you can complete them. You are right to be looking for like minded players to help you get Events changed.

Good luck.
I am on morning and night, 7 days a week. The number of m/p I've missed over the last 4+ years (with the exception of forced absence) can be counted on two hands. In that time, I've managed to complete the Treasure Hunt twice. And up until the events were changed to include things like, "Complete a one-hour production 30 times" I was able to complete every event. The fact that I cannot spend more than an hour or two per day does have an impact on how much I can do. I said nothing about people "without a life", and the fact that you would even mention it says a lot. I was talking about me, and yes, the coiners blow through the events like a knife through butter, and that's okay with me, but I do not have that option. My point was, I should not have to tear down military and goods buildings to make room for things like Blacksmiths so I can complete redundant tasks over and over and over. That's not a challenge on any level. And if I cannot produce 500 goods from my era to donate to the guild treasury (or even more to complete a tech), in less than several days, then the event is not designed to be completed by all players. The current goods placed into the treasury from my GBs should count as donations into the guild treasury - that's why I built them. And if you are so disturbed by my thoughts on the way the events are designed, maybe you should just stop reading my posts.