• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge of Empires Turns 8 - Feedback

Salsuero

Their activation had nothing to do with viewing or dismissing the announcement dialog.

Maybe not, but this wasn't the way it sounded:

"To celebrate Forge's 8th anniversary, we decided to present you with the following boosts for the whole day! You can grab your gift at any moment from 18.04.2020 (10:30 CEST) to 19.04.2020 (10:30 CEST), and your boosts will remain active for 24 hours after accepting them. But, please keep in mind that the gift is limited to one world only, so make sure to be logged into the world you want to receive it!"

I never "grabbed" or "accepted" anything. They just went live on their own. So that's not exactly giving me a chance to use them during the time of day that would be best for me.

They activated as soon as your city was logged in.

They say "make sure to be logged in" in order to get the boosts in the world you want them... but they do not say anything about having to close your browser window in order not to prematurely activate them. I understand what happened and why. I'm just not sure why they chose to word it one way only to then automate them so that those of us who don't shut down our browser don't have a choice of when to use them. If it had been announced that they would go live automatically if your browser is left open, that might influence me to do something I never do and close my FoE browser window. It's just unfortunate that this wasn't the way it sounded like it would work. I was under the impression that I would be allowed to "accept" the gifts and that the clock would start counting from that point. My mistake, yes... but there is some blame to be shared based on the impression given. It sounded like it would be an active process, not a passive one.

the boost were activated at 3 AM when they went live

Also strange because mine went active at 1:30am PST, which I'm guessing is "10:30 CEST".

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Maybe not, but this wasn't the way it sounded:

"To celebrate Forge's 8th anniversary, we decided to present you with the following boosts for the whole day! You can grab your gift at any moment from 18.04.2020 (10:30 CEST) to 19.04.2020 (10:30 CEST), and your boosts will remain active for 24 hours after accepting them. But, please keep in mind that the gift is limited to one world only, so make sure to be logged into the world you want to receive it!"

I never "grabbed" or "accepted" anything. They just went live on their own. So that's not exactly giving me a chance to use them during the time of day that would be best for me.

They say "make sure to be logged in" in order to get the boosts in the world you want them... but they do not say anything about having to close your browser window in order not to prematurely activate them. I understand what happened and why. I'm just not sure why they chose to word it one way only to then automate them so that those of us who don't shut down our browser don't have a choice of when to use them. If it had been announced that they would go live automatically if your browser is left open, that might influence me to do something I never do and close my FoE browser window. It's just unfortunate that this wasn't the way it sounded like it would work. I was under the impression that I would be allowed to "accept" the gifts and that the clock would start counting from that point. My mistake, yes... but there is some blame to be shared based on the impression given. It sounded like it would be an active process, not a passive one.

Also strange because mine went active at 1:30am PST, which I'm guessing is "10:30 CEST".
TL/DR - Way too many words to say, "Thanks for the clarification."

The key phrase is "make sure to be logged in." You were logged in when they went live so you got them when they went live. Your confusion is not my or Inno's problem.

Last edited:

Salsuero

TL/DR - Way too many words to say, "Thanks for the clarification."

The key phrase is "make sure to be logged in." You were logged in when they went live so you got them when they went live.

Incorrect. The key phrases were "grab your gift" and "after accepting them". "Make sure to be logged in" was key in getting the boost on the correct world, not as to when, because you conveniently shortened the phrase in removing "to the world you want to receive it" -- which has nothing to do with the method of activation or when the timer starts. If they had intended for you to log in to activate them, the correct phrase would be something like "once you log in, they will become active for 24 hours after that." Do you see the difference? Nah. You'll argue against my point because your narrative is the one that must win. However, I'm not going to be convinced that saying "AFTER ACCEPTING THEM" should be understood to mean that THEY BECOME ACTIVE AUTOMATICALLY no matter how TL/DR you wanna distill it for me. So, probably should just let this one go. Or you can just keep arguing it if you prefer. Not sure what you'll gain from doing so, but it's your time to spend.

Your confusion is not my or Inno's problem.

No. It's only your problem because you chose to make it so. I never included you in my post. You simply chose to make it about you in responding to me. Don't wag your finger at me just because it's taking time out of your day to explain something to me that I didn't ask you to explain.

RazorbackPirate

Incorrect. The key phrases were "grab your gift" and "after accepting them". "Make sure to be logged in" was key in getting the boost on the correct world, not as to when, because you conveniently shortened the phrase in removing "to the world you want to receive it" -- which has nothing to do with the method of activation or when the timer starts. If they had intended for you to log in to activate them, the correct phrase would be something like "once you log in, they will become active for 24 hours after that." Do you see the difference? Nah. You'll argue against my point because your narrative is the one that must win. However, I'm not going to be convinced that saying "AFTER ACCEPTING THEM" should be understood to mean that THEY BECOME ACTIVE AUTOMATICALLY no matter how TL/DR you wanna distill it for me. So, probably should just let this one go. Or you can just keep arguing it if you prefer. Not sure what you'll gain from doing so, but it's your time to spend.

No. It's only your problem because you chose to make it so. I never included you in my post. You simply chose to make it about you in responding to me. Don't wag your finger at me just because it's taking time out of your day to explain something to me that I didn't ask you to explain.
Again, TL/DR, but the words bug off come to mind. And that's the sanitized version.

UBERhelp1

For me, a window popped up with the 8th birthday message. You had two choices: the x for exiting and "activate boosts" so I dont know what the rest of you got.

Salsuero

For me, a window popped up with the 8th birthday message. You had two choices: the x for exiting and "activate boosts" so I dont know what the rest of you got.

Yeah, that's not what I got. I got a popup... but the boosts were already active for roughly 8 hours by the time I saw it. It would've been great to see something like that.

WinnerGR

Challenge 1
  • Reward: Garden Ruin and 800 Diamonds
  • Winners: 3 winners, randomly picked (correct answers required)
Challenge 2
  • Reward: Queen Statue and 80 Forge Points
Challenge 3
  • Reward: King Statue and 8 Blueprints

Captain Christian

Challenge 1
  • Reward: Garden Ruin and 800 Diamonds
Challenge 2
  • Reward: Queen Statue and 80 Forge Points
Challenge 3
  • Reward: King Statue and 8 Blueprints
You could just post a link to the announcement.