• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Forge point for great buildings

• Thread starter DeletedUser34512
  • Start date

DeletedUser34512

How do i get my Forge point up over 10. If say i need 40 points? To for example the colosseum.

Snarko

This should be in questions, not guides.

You don't need 40 at once. You can build it once you have the blueprints and goods. Then you will need to invest a total of 40 FP before it starts producing / giving a bonus. You could invest 1 per day for 40 days if you wanted to.

Finally, don't build the colosseum. It's terrible.

Don't say terrible. It just has limited utility. Very limited. Not much help in eras past the middle ages, even if it's leveled up tremendously. Just too big for the payouts.

Snarko

You have to get it to level 4 for it to provide more happiness per square than a public bath. That's 390 FP which is more than is required to unlock every single tech in IA and enough techs to get marketplace in EMA.

Now you have to compare it to a marketplace instead, which means you need a level 6 Col to compete. That is enough FP to get every single tech in IA, every single tech in EMA and to churches in HMA.

Now you have to compare it to churches instead... I'll stop here.

"but it gives medals"
Guess how many expansions all those techs I'm talking about above unlocked.

To be fair I did not include rewards in this calculation. If you do it's likely slightly cheaper than going for the next cultural building. You still lose out expansions wise however.

No, I do think it's terrible. The only use I can imagine is camping in IA or EMA and even then I think an Oracle is better.

Then there's hagia sophia one age later. Same total size, more happiness per FP AND produces FP.

DeletedUser34512

thanks for the answers and sorry for the wrong group. i´m a noob at this......

DeletedUser32389

Finally, don't build the colosseum. It's terrible.

Welcome to the forum, and take this advice above. DON'T BUILD A COLOSSEUM!!! It really is terrible. Just awful. One of the 3 most useless great buildings.

colosseum, Notra Dame, and Space Needle : worthless waste of space

Algona

Agreed. Friends don't let friends build f Colosseum or Notre Dame.

There is never a situation where building either GB is anything but a wrong play.. The space, Goods, and FPs can always be used much more profitably no matter what the game strategy or game state.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Sooooo....I’ve already built a ND and it’s now at level 4. I’m assuming if I sell it, I get nothing back. Should I keep it for the time being and just not level it further? (Helps with happiness, but I can compensate.) Or should I take the hit and remove it to regain some space?

If this helps: I’m in colonial age; GBs ToR, CoA, ToB, LoA, Zeus, OoD, StMB all level 4 or better.

Agent327

Sooooo....I’ve already built a ND and it’s now at level 4. I’m assuming if I sell it, I get nothing back. Should I keep it for the time being and just not level it further? (Helps with happiness, but I can compensate.) Or should I take the hit and remove it to regain some space?

If this helps: I’m in colonial age; GBs ToR, CoA, ToB, LoA, Zeus, OoD, StMB all level 4 or better.

You get nothing back. Don't level it any further. Just keep it till you need the space.