1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Forge Point from friends tavern missing

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by Laserman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Laserman

Laserman New Member

I got a FP from visiting a friends tavern yet when I went to use it on a Great building I got an error saying I didnt have enough FP's. Reloaded the game and that FP was gone and not on the GB.

2. sir byron lawless

sir byron lawless New Member

...just had 1 register after winning it, vanished a few moments later....not cool

3. zonkman1992

zonkman1992 New Member

I have seen this happen as well. The FP timer will sometimes increase by 60 minutes. Refreshing the game fixes the FP timer, but the FP remains lost. I've lost a bunch of FP this way since the feature was implemented a couple weeks ago.

4. JennyButler

JennyButler Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing was happening to me but then I realized that the very moment I went to their Tavern and won an FP it was added to my FP counter, by the time I looked up at the floating FP and waited for the increase it had already happened. Not saying this is happening to you but it was what I observed and made me wonder then confirm.

5. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

I came here to report the same bug. It's happened to me twice in different ways.

1. I had points on my bar when going to friends taverns, I earned a point but instead of it adding to my bar it took one of my already earned points away.

2. Tonight, as I now no longer visit taverns with any points on the bar, I was due to earn one in 15 seconds so I stopped visiting taverns and I went back to my city to wait. When I returned instead of their being one point there was two, I thought hmm maybe I did trigger one in a tavern and I just didn't notice. Went to put both on a gb and got an error message when clicking 'add 2' (IE where it says add what you have, so confirming I had two) the message said you have insufficient points to add 2. Then both the mystery tavern FP and my earned FP disappeared and my clock went back to an hour.

I play on N and have seen other users complaining about situation 1 in global. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just taking freebee tavern FPs away but it's taking my earned FPs away. It's certainly some type of bug.

6. ardak kumerin

ardak kumerin Well-Known Member

I've been getting that as well, it happened three times.

7. Manda the first

This happened again today except this time it allowed me to keep my 1 earned FP on the bar and only the new tavern one disappeared. I'm not complaining, I think the tavern and the FP tablecloth are great. Just trying to report a bug. Besides I won 100 FPs in GE today so I certainly don't feel cheated =p

8. Grimlock2123

Grimlock2123 Member

I have had the same problem. Very frustrating.

9. KingJase24

KingJase24 Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar, Sinerania, Xyr
    I've had a similar bug a couple times. One way around it seems to be to avoid mixing tavern FPs with timer FPs. Empty the bar, then visit all the taverns on your friends list that you can, then spend those FPs to empty the bar again before the hourly clock hits zero. Obviously you have to do it when there's enough time on the timer to go through all the taverns and empty any tavern FPs from the bar before another timer FP is added. Since I've been using this tactic the bugs have stopped. It would be nice if Inno would restore the FPs I lost to this bug but my support request was brushed off.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  10. TroyEdward

TroyEdward Member

Same Issue here, has happened NUMEROUS TIMES and lost countless FPs.

Innos reply to my Support Ticket:
    Thank you for reporting this potential issue to us. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. This issue is presently being worked on by the developers and will be repaired in an upcoming update. The issues are cosmetic, a failure on displaying the information locally. It is nonetheless being recorded correctly in the servers.

How can this be COSMETIC? I attempt to add 3 FPs to a GB, get an error and my FP bank is empty and the GB does not register the additional FPs added. IMG_0045 (002).JPG

Manda the first likes this.
  11. ardak kumerin

TroyEdward is right.
    The same thing has happened to me quite a few times. I don't report it, but yes, it happens.
    Inno is aware of it so I'll be alright. Kinda stinks having it occur.

Good work with the screen shots. Having solid documentation always helps.

12. Manda the first

This is honestly just not true. I could see how a FP appearing from the tavern and then disappearing might be 'cosmetic' but the points you earned hour by hour disappearing with it is not.

ardak kumerin likes this.
  13. KingJase24

KingJase24 Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Odhrorvar, Sinerania, Xyr
    I think they've solved it by simply throttling back the FPs. While I haven't kept an exact count, my estimate is that I've been receiving approximately 1 FP per 400 tavern visits over the last couple weeks and most of my friends have either royal or burgundy tablecloths.

However, the treasure hunt hasn't been much use and GE was a complete bust this week so maybe Inno just has a restrictor plate on the "luck" factor for my account.

Manda the first likes this.
  14. ardak kumerin

I just lost a couple forge points myself.

15. Manda the first

I haven't finished stage 3 yet but so far only 2 commons. But overall my ToR has been very lucky for me. Someone in the ToR thread posted that they are 'Consistently inconsistent' which seems a highly accurate way to describe them. Waterfalls and deserts with not much in-between.

16. TroyEdward

TroyEdward Member

I just lost yet another Forge Point, and it was NOT accrued from Tavern visits. I logged on, first time for the morning, had 5 FPs in bank, attempted to put them on my Seed Vault, got the SAME error pop up. All 5 disappeared, none added to my GB, logged off then back on, and my bank now has 4 FPs for a loss of one.

This is totally UNACCEPTABLE. Certainly it is definitely NOT "COSMETIC"

17. TroyEdward

TroyEdward Member

IMG_0075.JPG IMG_0076.JPG Another Forge Point bites the dust. ADD 4 ERROR reboot and only get 3 back...

18. Cassaundrea

Cassaundrea Well-Known Member

o_OWanna bet????

19. ardak kumerin

I think Inno will fix it, I hope they do. I think their Development staff is a bit over-worked with the tavern and the recent holiday event.

20. ardak kumerin

Good screen shots. That's exactly what you need to submit.