Forge Point Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beomie

Proposal
The ability to store forge points into inventory.

Current System (if applicable)
Current system only allows the player to buy forge points.

Details
Use the button on the side of the forge point bar to bring up an options menu to either buy or store forge points into inventory. By clicking the buy option it would then bring up the regular buy forge points menu that is there now. By clicking the store into inventory button it would bring up a menu to allow for storing forge points into inventory in groups of five and ten forge points.
For the people who play FOE and work during the week. This would allow them to store forge points before leaving for work instead of having to spend them in a hurry. This will let them make more forge points while at work and allow them to relax when they get home from work and use the forge points where they really want them to go.
When collecting the daily rewards from buildings there can be a large number of forge points collected. Being able to store a large number of forge points quickly just makes good sense.
When Great Buildings level, those who contributed and receive forge points as a reward are automatically put into inventory. So the code to do this already exist, at least in part.

Abuse Prevention
N/A

Visual Aids
N/A

Conclusion
I am just asking that within the system that already exist an option to store forge points instead of using them right away be created.

Thanks,
Beomie

Graviton

Again?! Really? No.
We forum veterans perhaps forget how long it's actually been between proposals. I know that I've seen proposals that seem like they were originally posted just a few weeks ago, but it's reall been a year or more. Many forum posters (e.g. the newer ones) aren't going to search back that far, so we're inevitably going to see duplicates after awhile. We should go easy on them.

Having said that,. -1.

KingJase24

Get into a leveling group and grab spots. That will allow you to do exactly what you're talking about without the need to add a new game feature.

Super Catanian

-1 BIG NO.

INNO wants us to spend Forge Points rather than simply accumulate them.
“But where is that written?”, you may ask?
In the name, Forge of Empires.

This creates balance. Here’s an example...
A player is looking to build a GB of their age or of the previous age. In advanced ages, getting those goods is a piece of cake. Even so, that could take a while. And of course, you need to accumulate all 9 different Blueprints to do so. And, if you don’t already have an Arc, getting those FP can be super slow.
But (with this feature), let’s say the player has been placing all of their FP in their inventory during all of this time, over however long it took them.
Once their GB is built, the player spends them and hyper-levels their GB.

Instead of it being a slow, hardworking process (current system), the process is sped up dramatically.

Once again, -1

B1ackWo1f

I work most of the week as do a lot of other players. Does it kind of suck a little that I'm losing up to 4 fp's a day because of sleep and work, yeah, but if you strategize properly it won't matter. Also, hoarding forge points can be seen as a small type of abuse.

Beomie

-1 BIG NO.

INNO wants us to spend Forge Points rather than simply accumulate them.
“But where is that written?”, you may ask?
In the name, Forge of Empires.

This creates balance. Here’s an example...
A player is looking to build a GB of their age or of the previous age. In advanced ages, getting those goods is a piece of cake. Even so, that could take a while. And of course, you need to accumulate all 9 different Blueprints to do so. And, if you don’t already have an Arc, getting those FP can be super slow.
But (with this feature), let’s say the player has been placing all of their FP in their inventory during all of this time, over however long it took them.
Once their GB is built, the player spends them and hyper-levels their GB.

Instead of it being a slow, hardworking process (current system), the process is sped up dramatically.

Once again, -1
Ok, I see that popular belief is a NO... And I see one reason as to the NO. It is a pretty good point as to possible abuse in "Hyper Leveling a GB." So let me ask why someone in the iron age can have an "ARC" built in their city when clearly they and not ready to have it age wise?

Super Catanian

Ok, I see that popular belief is a NO... And I see one reason as to the NO. It is a pretty good point as to possible abuse in "Hyper Leveling a GB." So let me ask why someone in the iron age can have an "ARC" built in their city when clearly they and not ready to have it age wise?
Because they worked SUPER hard for it. Getting blueprints (9 DIFFERENT ones), and trading for the Goods. Those aren't free, and many vendors can sell them at a hefty price.
It's only in the Future Era that the Arc is easily available, in terms of getting BPs and Goods.

RazorbackPirate

So let me ask why someone in the iron age can have an "ARC" built in their city when clearly they and not ready to have it age wise?
Anyone can build any GB in any age. As long as the have a full set of BPs and the goods to build it, they can build it.

Emberguard

Senior Ingame Moderator
@Beomie an arc requires players to use their FPs

Your idea requires players to not use FPs.

I’m not worried about players dumping into GBs at once. I’m worried it’ll starve the FP swaps and stagnate growth in the smallest of players who can’t afford to hoard

Status
Not open for further replies.