• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forgoing Frontenac

DeletedUser31540

A month ago or so i made a thread asking for advice. A lot of people advised me to get the Chateau Frontenac.

I plan spending the rest of 2017 and all of 2018 in hma / lma ... space is quite tight as i have 14 Great buildings and 4 terrace farms. Within another 2 months i also plan on adding kraken, Atlantis Museum, Cape, and AO as well as placing as many TF as i possibly can

I dont think i can fit the Chateau and definitely cant fit all the production buildings to truly take full advantage of CF

Are there any very experienced players who have played without building it? Is forgoing Frontenac a reasonable strategy? Or am i crazy?

DeletedUser31592

Since you only have 1 recurring quest in the middle ages and you seem to be GB focused, I wouldn't bother, either.
In PME, with my recurring quests permanently set to collecting coins and spending 79 FPs, with the UBQs I cycle through, I probably do 20-30 RQs per day on average. More if I try sniping my hood. I don't ever do the 24 hour supply RQ. Just coins and FPs.

DeletedUser31540

Since you only have 1 recurring quest in the middle ages and you seem to be GB focused, I wouldn't bother, either.
In PME, with my recurring quests permanently set to collecting coins and spending 79 FPs, with the UBQs I cycle through, I probably do 20-30 RQs per day on average. More if I try sniping my hood. I don't ever do the 24 hour supply RQ. Just coins and FPs.

ok cool. glad to have a backer finally lol. thanks for the reply ;)

Salsuero

Is forgoing Frontenac a reasonable strategy?

Reasonable depends on the individual. I would not think so. I'm in HMA and I love my CF. I use it every single day, sometimes until I'm sick of using it. If you spend forge points a lot, the "Spend 38 Forge Points" + the unbirthday quest... those two are going to get used a lot. I don't have any goods buildings... CF is handling that nicely. I do the coins/supplies quests several times every day during collection. It's a great GB. Is it required? Probably not for everyone, but the size is reasonable for everything you get in my opinion.

DeletedUser31592

ok cool. glad to have a backer finally lol. thanks for the reply ;)

I should clarify- I wouldn't go after it now. Once you unlock that second RQ, I would say it is a must have.

Personally, I would rank the CF as the #2 GB, only after the Arc, so I wouldn't have built half the stuff you did before the CF. But everyone plays the game differently :)

And fun fact- the CF occurs on the all time top-10 GB list more than the Arc. So it is important. But with the way you have your city, I would probably wait on it.

Algona

If you don;t farm RQs and won;t be advancing in Era then Chateau is not a good GB. Planning on acquiringand leveling GBs and fighting a lot? Have fun!

DeletedUser31540

If you don;t farm RQs and won;t be advancing in Era then Chateau is not a good GB. Planning on acquiringand leveling GBs and fighting a lot? Have fun!

Yes thanks!
If you look at the top 10 of the US server 40% of it is CF, must have GB, the sooner you build it the better.
http://prntscr.com/hm4fju

I always find your advice useless ... every post you make is "hey look at me ... arent i awesome?"
I should clarify- I wouldn't go after it now. Once you unlock that second RQ, I would say it is a must have.

Personally, I would rank the CF as the #2 GB, only after the Arc, so I wouldn't have built half the stuff you did before the CF. But everyone plays the game differently :)

And fun fact- the CF occurs on the all time top-10 GB list more than the Arc. So it is important. But with the way you have your city, I would probably wait on it.

Ya imma wait til i am in OF to build it ... 2-3 years away. (I plan on going from lma to OF) if i build it sooner the main reasons for it would be if i get enough victory expanaions (working on 21k right now) and because i really like how it looks ;)

DeletedUser31498

Yeah I see the value, but the heavy questing stuff seems insane. I probably run 20-30 quests a day, and even that limited clicking is enough to make me regret doing all that. Having 50 of the produce 2x quests a day to loop through sounds so miserable. I'm in Iron, and when I cycle through 5 or 6 spend 15 FP quests in a row it's just such a chore. The first time you get diamonds is sweet though!

Salsuero

I always find your advice useless ... every post you make is "hey look at me ... arent i awesome?"

Doesn't necessarily make her wrong. I have it in HMA and it has more than paid for itself multiple times over. Just because someone likes to show his/her accomplishments doesn't mean the advice given deserves an automatic dismissal.

DeletedUser31540

Doesn't necessarily make her wrong. I have it in HMA and it has more than paid for itself multiple times over. Just because someone likes to show his/her accomplishments doesn't mean the advice given deserves an automatic dismissal.

you are right that it doesnt deserve an automatic dismissal ... more like 5 seconds of contemplation before being dismissed

LaqLongQuan has been playing for 5 years and has one of the most advanced cities in the world. I think from this lofty pedastal it might be hard for them to relate to a new player. They think, "my score is really high, their score is low, they must not be going about things the right way cause thats not how i did things"

and it wasnt just that post... every post he / she makes has the exact same feel to it. To me that attitude is the pinnacle of useless advice. Not trying to understand another player's position... not trying to see various avenues that can lead to success... simply this is how i did it and look at me... you should do exactly what i did

while i agree that having a lv 100+ chat is probably necessary to be a top ranked player i very much disagree with the timing of it... my arc is lv 10... i dont think i need to build chat until my arc is lv 80 which is probably almost a year away. Them telling me to build it as soon as possible i think is bad advice. Them constantly flaunting their account makes me think even less of their advice because it comes off that their primary motivation is to show off instead of actually trying to give the best advice to the player

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Top 10 is not a very large number when you consider that there are thousands of GBs at level 80+. If the Arc didn't drop the .1% per level starting at level 80, that would be the one dominating the top of the rankings. The Arc's still got a much more significant impact until it reaches that point...which is why there are more of those at level 80+ than all other GBs put together.

The Chateau is useful in general, but only truly great for a very particular playstyle that makes moderate to heavy usage of recurring quests. It also gains the same increase for each level (5% added to the bonus), which keeps it consistent level-to-level (though the cost continues to increase as with all GBs) and allows it to eventually be more worth the FP investment compared to GBs that gradually slow down like the Temple of Relics, Orangery, or yes, even the Arc.

I personally wouldn't skip the Chateau. As @JCera also said it's one I'd prioritize before a lot of other GBs if you can manage the goods, and space is the only real concern.

DeletedUser31540

Top 10 is not a very large number when you consider that there are thousands of GBs at level 80+. If the Arc didn't drop the .1% per level starting at level 80, that would be the one dominating the top of the rankings. The Arc's still got a much more significant impact until it reaches that point...which is why there are more of those at level 80+ than all other GBs put together.

The Chateau is useful in general, but only truly great for a very particular playstyle that makes moderate to heavy usage of recurring quests. It also gains the same increase for each level (5% added to the bonus), which keeps it consistent level-to-level (though the cost continues to increase as with all GBs) and allows it to eventually be more worth the FP investment compared to GBs that gradually slow down like the Temple of Relics, Orangery, or yes, even the Arc.

I personally wouldn't skip the Chateau. As @JCera also said it's one I'd prioritize before a lot of other GBs if you can manage the goods, and space is the only real concern.

thanks for the thoughtful reply... at this time ive been doing about 8 RQs a day with no desire to do more (5 gather coins, 1 gather supply, 1 spend fps, and 1 unbirthday)

honestly coins and supply are the least useful and the most boring resources in the game and thats what Chat seems to specialize in... i know you can get 5 fp backs, diamonds, and goods too but the % of fps and diamonds are quite low and i already produce / plunder 400 goods a day so to me the only real incentive in getting it would be for its marvelous looks

That being said it is 5th on my list of GBs to build but its not something i plan on doing for a long time (and i have been mulling over skipping it entirely.... though that sentiment is mainly from a desire to spite all of you lol)

edit --- also great point about the top 10 list and how that is a skewed metric of how valuable gbs are

Salsuero

Them telling me to build it as soon as possible i think is bad advice.

Well, you are certainly entitled to that opinion. Many people will disagree (I'm one of them) with varying times and ages under their belts and others will agree. You can disagree with the advice given, but I do feel it shortsighted to just dismiss someone because you think they're out of touch. You haven't been in the forums long. I would think you'd be open-minded to all advice, but it seems to me that you have you own opinion and don't really want advice if it isn't in agreement with what you already think. If I'm wrong, that's how it seems. And that's your prerogative if I'm right. I've found LacLongQuan to offer pretty good advice and some humor at times. It's not for me to convince you. I was just surprised by your response.

DeletedUser31440

every post he / she makes has the exact same feel to it. To me that attitude is the pinnacle of useless advice. Not trying to understand another player's position... not trying to see various avenues that can lead to success... simply this is how i did it and look at me... you should do exactly what i did

Maybe she has been successful and instead of giving just advice wants to also show that her advice is rooted in a strong well performing city. Should she instead give advice showing a gameplay style she hasn't used and doesn't know if it will actually be beneficial?

You don't need to take her advice, but you shouldn't be rude to her for taking the time to show you what has worked extremely well for her.

Perhaps you don't want to see all potential avenues for success though.

DeletedUser31540

I would think you'd be open-minded to all advice, but it seems to me that you have you own opinion and don't really want advice if it isn't in agreement with what you already think.

yes i do think you hit the nail on the head here... im overly opinionated for a newer player and not open-minded enough when receiving advice.

In all honesty i probably should have already built CF but as it stands now it doesnt seem very conducive to with how my city is set up... im not gonna tear anything down to build it so i was looking for confirmation that i can still see plenty of success without building it. When people responded with "you must build CF" i responded negatively ... my apologies

Salsuero

at this time ive been doing about 8 RQs a day with no desire to do more (5 gather coins, 1 gather supply, 1 spend fps, and 1 unbirthday)

coins and supply are the least useful and the most boring resources in the game and thats what Chat seems to specialize in

i already produce / plunder 400 goods a day

You would do more if you had the Château, so I can understand why you don't do many of them now. They become VERY useful once you build and level up the Château a few times. I no longer have goods buildings, mostly because my level 5 Château provides a LOT of goods... it hits goods quite a bit... it really is a very popular reward. Could you use the extra space by not needing to build goods buildings? At just 90%, my Château is giving me 10 goods each time it hit... and like I said, it hits all the time. Just thinking the coins and supplies aren't totally trivial since they help pay for the unbirthday quests... and the diamonds are pretty lovely when boosted by even a low-level Château. Goods and FP packs... that's the meat and potatoes for me. I get FP packs quite frequently. If you are spending FPs, it's pretty easy to run multiple quests. It might be repetitive... sure... but I mean... there's a payoff to it. You don't need goods because you plunder them. That's fine. I don't plunder... don't like making all those enemies... so you're right. Maybe you don't need it. No, it's not a required GB... just a really awesome one. Anyways, you can certainly decide for yourself. I just don't know why it's not worth the space, personally.

DeletedUser31440

In all honesty i probably should have already built CF but as it stands now it doesnt seem very conducive to with how my city is set up... im not gonna tear anything down to build it so i was looking for confirmation that i can still see plenty of success without building it.

You can have success without the CF, but it's generally going to be easier with it. I think most people that build it realize just how powerful it can be and want to let other players know that early so they can take advantage of it for as long as possible.

DeletedUser31540

Maybe she has been successful and instead of giving just advice wants to also show that her advice is rooted in a strong well performing city. Should she instead give advice showing a gameplay style she hasn't used and doesn't know if it will actually be beneficial?

You don't need to take her advice, but you shouldn't be rude to her for taking the time to show you what has worked extremely well for her.

Perhaps you don't want to see all potential avenues for success though.

yes i shouldnt have been rude... im sorry @LacLongQuan :/

Here is a question for you all --- is CF still worth it if you dont produce supplies from production buildings??? All my production buildings produce fps and not supplies... i thought Heavy Questing was a supply building oriented strategy.

DeletedUser31440

yes i shouldnt have been rude... im sorry @LacLongQuan :/

Here is a question for you all --- is CF still worth it if you dont produce supplies from production buildings??? All my production buildings produce fps and not supplies... i thought Heavy Questing was a supply building oriented strategy.

It can, but you'd need to supplement with spend fp's RQ and have to spend a lot of them daily to make up the loss of not producing supplies. It's possible, just not recommended.