• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forgoing Frontenac

DeletedUser31498

https://ibb.co/fzwbeb

I do have quite a bit of non-essential buildings i can tear down... 6 ropery, 1 glass blower, 6 town house, 2 tribal square would be the first things to go ... cape is gonna go right at the bottom right of the screen under DT once i get my next expansion... im almost halfway to either kraken or AM and i was gonna tear down these unnecessary buildings once i have all the OF goods i need

The one thing I'll caution is to make the chateau as amazing as everyone says, you need to be fine with clicking a billion times to do RQs. I often just don't cycle when adding FPs cause its so tedious.

So if you're super patient, yes, the chateau is amazing. For me, it's helpful and worth having. But I much prefer to also have some good old production buildings that I collect every 8 hours, along with my sanity.

DeletedUser14354

I think everyone is missing an important point....

If I am not mistaken, you can only get diamonds once from a particular RQ in each age. In other words, if you do the unbirthday quest over and over again, at some point you will get the diamond reward, but you won't get it a second time from that RQ.

So, if you plan to stay in a particular age for an extended period of time, you likely don't have much need for coins or supplies. Unless you are heavy into GvG, you also likely have more than enough goods for that age. So, the value of the RQ really comes down to the FP packs, which you are either banking or using for GB leveling.

Therefore, if you accept that the RQs are done largely for FPs, it would make more sense to me to get the Arc (roughly same footprint as CF) and level that up.

qaccy

I think everyone is missing an important point....

If I am not mistaken, you can only get diamonds once from a particular RQ in each age. In other words, if you do the unbirthday quest over and over again, at some point you will get the diamond reward, but you won't get it a second time from that RQ.

So, if you plan to stay in a particular age for an extended period of time, you likely don't have much need for coins or supplies. Unless you are heavy into GvG, you also likely have more than enough goods for that age. So, the value of the RQ really comes down to the FP packs, which you are either banking or using for GB leveling.

Therefore, if you accept that the RQs are done largely for FPs, it would make more sense to me to get the Arc (roughly same footprint as CF) and level that up.

Never undervalue goods. They can always be used somewhere. If not for research, for (as you mentioned) GvG or building GBs. If not for yourself, then selling goods to others is a viable option that sprang up in the past year or so. Depending on the age you're in, goods can be a pretty valuable commodity that can easily be exchanged for FP if you're willing to dabble in that market. Just another strong point to consider when looking at the Chateau.

Algona

you need to be fine with clicking a billion times to do RQs.

No, not really. I started farming RQs when I realized I could collect bonus Resources for doing what I do every day in my city.

I collect a lot of Coins, why not collects random bonus stuff in the meantime? I spend a lot fo DPs every day. Again, why not get something extra?

It takes 6 clicks to cycle back through ro repeat the Quest.

My LMA city is more efficient, I alternate the Quests as I collect Average is 3 clicks per Quest.

If I am not mistaken, you can only get diamonds once from a particular RQ in each age. In other words,

True. Note that a lvl 10 Chateau can produce an Expansion's worth of Diamonds each Era from the RQs and Diamond Quests. After the Diamonds hit, all you collect is Medals. Medals can be useful if you haven't run up your Arc yet...

Don't forget the monthly Historical Events. I've hit as many as 150 Diamonds in one Event.

As for how useful ths other stuff is? I sell INNO Tower Goods so each time I hit Goods it's the same as a 2 FP pack. Medals are nice, not? Additional Coins = more buyable FPs. More supplies? Well, yeah. And the excess BPs, well they have finally come in useful now that I;m starting run some GBs past lvl 10...

Despite my success with Chateau, I still say it's a waste for those who don;t farm RQs.

DeletedUser31540

No, not really. I started farming RQs when I realized I could collect bonus Resources for doing what I do every day in my city.

I collect a lot of Coins, why not collects random bonus stuff in the meantime? I spend a lot fo DPs every day. Again, why not get something extra?

My LMA city is more efficient, I alternate the Quests as I collect Average is 3 clicks per Quest.

True. Note that a lvl 10 Chateau can produce an Expansion's worth of Diamonds each Era from the RQs and Diamond Quests. After the Diamonds hit, all you collect is Medals. Medals can be useful if you haven't run up your Arc yet...

Don't forget the monthly Historical Events. I've hit as many as 150 Diamonds in one Event.

As for how useful ths other stuff is? I sell INNO Tower Goods so each time I hit Goods it's the same as a 2 FP pack. Medals are nice, not? Additional Coins = more buyable FPs. More supplies? Well, yeah. And the excess BPs, well they have finally come in useful now that I;m starting run some GBs past lvl 10...

Despite my success with Chateau, I still say it's a waste for those who don;t farm RQs.

Is 10 RQs a day enough to make CF a slam dunk? I am still new to the RQ game and will probably become more efficient with my operations soon so i could do 20 a day maximum maybe but cant see myself doing anything beyond that

DeletedUser31498

Algona typically the RQs are the same. Many people have 100 clockmarkers, for instance, so the do the 2x one, and UBQ en route again, and do each 50x.

I donated 800 FPs in 5 hours yesterday, and since I'm in Iron Age I only need 15 FPs for an RQ. I ended up doing one every 30 from the tedium.

I only have a 70% boost, so 8 goods per, but the nice part of the Chateau is even at level 1 it's a pretty reasonable boost (5 goods to 7 or 8? right off the bat)

DeletedUser14354

I think that statement is fairly self evident. My point was simply that the CF's benefit in farming diamonds is limited if you are sitting in an age. So, if the only tangible benefits from the RQs are FPs and medals, the Arc is a more efficient vehicle.

Algona

[
Is 10 RQs a day enough to make CF a slam dunk?

I think so. Maybe. It's up to you. In your Era the size of the Chateau us a factor in the decision. Can you produce more of what you want in that space with other buildings?

love to go feeper into this, but off to work.

CF's benefit in farming diamonds is limited if you are sitting in an age.

Disagreed. Eventually the player will go up in Era and there are the Historical Events and any fiven Era's Diamond Quests. It is limited kinda, but again, you;re tlaking about an Expansions worth of Diamonds per Era.

Algona typically the RQs are the same.

I savvy HQS and that there are plenty of adherents. My personal experience: There's a couple HQers in my Guild and Friends, but most Chateau holders are 'casual' just scoring bonus Resources for doing their normal city production.

Yes HQS requires much clicking. So? obvobvobv some folks either like or do not mind cliicking through the day. It;s a non-starter issue. Don;t mind it, it;s not a drawvack. Do like clickery-clickety-clickety, then HQS is for you.

*Arturis*

Most of the people level their CF for goods, surprisingly, bp/goods/medal/fp/diamond are just a by-catch, your ultimate goal should be do as many quests as you want at anytime you chose at no cost, and that is from increasing the large coin and large supply reward so you can do double quest on the other 2 quest of gather coin and supply and do UBD quest.

Last edited:

DeletedUser15539

It's all too easy (for me, at least) to go through the game, and forget to re-evaluate from time to time what makes sense to keep, and what I should be doing differently. For instance, getting the Arc to level 80 and joining a 190% exchange group makes the Chateau a no-brainer.

DeletedUser29563

Arc+CF= lots of goodies coming your way;) Once your CF pass level 50 (could be less if you do lots of quests), you will no longer need to produce coin/supply and have plenty spare of them to do whatever you want.(tempted to insert a screenshot of my coin/supply, but decided not to cuz it might offend someone:p)
Just a side note here pertaining to LLQ's coin count.
Some players don't put much stock in coin stockpiling. But in LLQ's case...he/she has amassed enough gold coins...mostly due to chateau I would assume....to buy nearly 10,000 fp.
That seems to me to be...pretty darn useful.

DeletedUser31540

https://gyazo.com/b1e642725b29b212e15bd2c49be46611

I'm a heavy quester who has a lvl 10 CF and has been doing over 100 quest/day for a few months. But I would NOT recommend building CF in your current city. You should rush your lvl 80 arc ASAP, and in your case CF will not be anywhere close to paying by itself before you get it.

Thanks for the reply ... i am working towards arc lv 12 at the moment and while i do plan on bringing it to lv 80 eventually i think i would get burned out on the game if that was my sole focus

I have a lv 2 cape, a lv 5 CoA, a lv 5 Relic Temple, lv 7 Zeus, and lv 8 hagia among other GBs that i plan to get to lv 10 before my arc hits 30

I know im not being as fast or efficient as i could be but my strategy keeps me engaged and keeps me going ... so yea

I was actually thinking about building the Chat next ... ive been doing about 15 RQs a day including 3-4 UBQs without the chat and they have been somewhat helpful so i figured i would get it even if my RQs are low... maybe planning for my 5th terrace farm will be a smarter use of space

DeletedUser29623

Never undervalue goods. They can always be used somewhere. If not for research, for (as you mentioned) GvG or building GBs. If not for yourself, then selling goods to others is a viable option that sprang up in the past year or so. Depending on the age you're in, goods can be a pretty valuable commodity that can easily be exchanged for FP if you're willing to dabble in that market. Just another strong point to consider when looking at the Chateau.

While it’s true that you can exhaust the diamond rewards for an age’s quests pretty fast, don’t forget that goods can be turned into diamonds and FPS through the Guild Expedition, especially in Level 4. I typically get about 200 diamonds per week when my guild opens up L4, in addition to a good amount of FPs, especially with a ToR. I negotiate every encounter, but my impression is that the higher people go in GE, the more likely they are to negotiate rather than fight. Level 4 requires a LOT of goods, but most weeks that’s worth it to me for the diamonds and FPs I get.

It also helps that I find the negotiation minigame the funnest part of the game overall.