• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Formula for calculating GB rewards?

DeletedUser33220

I know about the wiki, and several other places to go and look at the rewards for each GB position as a list, but that's NOT what I want. I want the formula to be able to calculate it myself.

An example of what I'm looking for:

1st pays: FP required for level * 10%
2nd pays: FP required for level * 5%
3rd pays: FP required for level * 2.5%
etc

I'm sure it's not as straightforward as my example, but I'm also certain a formula exists - I just can't seem to locate it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

I don't know what the formula is, and you're right, it's definitely more complex as sampling from a few lvls on the arc the base reward appears to increase/decrease the percentage depending on lvl

DeletedUser32389

There is not a set formula for buildings. It changes based on the buildings strengths, and more importantly it's age. For example, early buildings like the LoA don't increase in FP cost per level the same way the Arc does. These are also quadratic equations, that is to say they're parabolas with increasing, and then decreasing returns. If you actually care to learn a little about this you can copy paste the numbers from a building into excel and graph the outcome. There are different equations for the increase of the building power, the increase of the FP cost per level, and the increase of the rewards per level. I bet if you spent a little time looking you can find someone that's done this already

https://foe-tools.github.io/gb-statistics

DeletedUser33220

There is not a set formula for buildings. It changes based on the buildings strengths, and more importantly it's age. For example, early buildings like the LoA don't increase in FP cost per level the same way the Arc does. These are also quadratic equations, that is to say they're parabolas with increasing, and then decreasing returns. If you actually care to learn a little about this you can copy paste the numbers from a building into excel and graph the outcome. There are different equations for the increase of the building power, the increase of the FP cost per level, and the increase of the rewards per level. I bet if you spent a little time looking you can find someone that's done this already

https://foe-tools.github.io/gb-statistics

You must have misunderstood what I'm looking for since your answer makes zero sense with regards to my question. The cost of FP per level NEVER decreases, nor do the rewards for each spot on a GB. Further, "strengths" have nothing at all to do with it - so near as I can tell all GBs of the same age have the same cost per level and same rewards at a given level for the rewards positions.

I've already spent several hours searching, and have not been able to come up with anything. Thus, my inquiry here, at the risk of unhelpful responses such as yours. Thanks, though.

Essentially, what I want to be able to do is to say "at level 1000, 1st place on an Arc pays 12,000 FP, 2nd pays 6,000 FP, 3rd pays 1500 FP, 4th pays 600 FP, 5th pays 100 FP". There is very obviously a pattern if you look through the levels, but rather than reverse engineer the math, I'm sure someone already has - there are several tools out there, and they didn't type in all the info for the levels, I'm sure.

DeletedUser33220

Could it be that you don't understand my answer? I didn't say cost decreases, I said the returns per level increase and then diminish. From what I can tell the link I provided provides any useful information you would need, calculating the costs of a level 1000 arc is an obviously moot point.
Your right that they are not ALL parabolas, but they aren't linear for the most part either. Take a look at this site again and tell me it's not what you were asking for

https://foe-tools.github.io/gb-investment/The_Arc/

I'm finished wasting my time replying to you. Hopefully someone comes along and actually understands what I'm looking for, because you sure don't.

DeletedUser32389

I'm finished wasting my time replying to you. Hopefully someone comes along and actually understands what I'm looking for, because you sure don't.
I honestly think this is over your head mr 1976... You're not bright enough to do the math yourself, and it took you "hours" to scrape the internet for answers.
I've already spent several hours searching
I found your answer in literally 4 minutes.

Don't get mad at the only person responding if you're unable to explain yourself properly.
Not with that attitude. Go figure this out yourself and be gone.
^ This ^

DeletedUser33220

I honestly think this is over your head mr 1976... You're not bright enough to do the math yourself, and it took you "hours" to scrape the internet for answers.

I found your answer in literally 4 minutes.

Don't get mad at the only person responding if you're unable to explain yourself properly.

^ This ^

I bet you 2500 FP that you did not find the answer in 4 minutes. ;)

Bright enough? Absolutely I am. But why reinvent the wheel?

DeletedUser32389

I bet you 2500 FP that you did not find the answer in 4 minutes. ;)
This is exactly what you asked for. How much to lock each level (on a 99 arc I chose at random), and the rewards.
You just don't know how to use the site, because you didn't even try
M8RexaA.png

Read em and weep

[Edit] a few minutes to google it, I spent a few more making sure it worked. Keep your points

DeletedUser33220

This is exactly what you asked for. How much to lock each level (on a 99 arc I chose at random), and the rewards.
You just don't know how to use the site, because you didn't even try
M8RexaA.png

Read em and weep

See, you STILL don't know what it is I'm asking for. I already know of that site, as well as foe-tools, and several others.

I'm not looking for a place I can go and have someone else TELL me how many FP the rewards are for a given level - that information is readily available all over the place, including the wiki.

What I want to know is the formula BEHIND those numbers. Further, at NO POINT did I EVER ask how much to lock. Seriously? You think I'm in IA and started playing yesterday? LOLOLOLOLOLOOL

Lastly, I don't know why that calculator cuts off at level 183. Did the developer manually type in all the values for the rewards for all 5 places for every level? I could certainly do that as well, but talk about a monumental waste of time. I'm sure the game developers didn't do that. There is a formula, and once you have it, you can input any number you want - ie, my imaginary level 1000, and find out how much 1st place would pay, and 2nd place, and...

You can put the 2500 on my Arc in S-world, please and thank you.

DeletedUser34800

Still, with the attitude. He's just trying to help.

If he doesn't get it, try explaining it better. Instead of being insulting, try being calm and nice.

Want help? Stop acting like you are. Either that, or just go figure out the formula yourself so you can stop dealing with forum members.

Pretty simple.

PS: I'm not here to help you. It's a waste of my time.

DeletedUser33220

Still, with the attitude. He's just trying to help.

If he doesn't get it, instead of being a snarky, petulant little child, try explaining it better. Instead of being insulting, try being calm and nice.

Want help? Stop acting like you are. Either that, or just go figure out the formula yourself so you can stop dealing with forum members.

Pretty simple.

PS: I'm not here to help you. It's a waste of my time.

There's a difference between trying to help, and actually helping.

Since you seem to be all-knowing up there on your high horse, how about you tell me how you would word this request so that people understand? It's easy to sit in judgement and pretend to know. Actually sharing that knowledge is where the rubber meets the road.

EDIT: Apparently my request was worded just fine, and xivarmy at least gave an answer that was relevant. So you can take your high horse and ride it over to hootengoben's house and have a great time making fun of people he doesn't understand.

DeletedUser29726

What you need is the formula for first place - which i've not been able to solve though i've not tried too hard - it's not related to the FP to level but a seperate function of age/level of the building.

Once you have first place, for forgepoints:
R2 = ROUND (R1 / 5 / 2, 0) * 5
R3 = ROUND (R2 / 5 / 3, 0) * 5
R4 = ROUND (R3 / 5 / 4, 0) * 5
R5 = ROUND (R4 / 5 / 5, 0) * 5

I've always just used a table to gather the 1st place data when i need it.

DeletedUser33220

What you need is the formula for first place - which i've not been able to solve though i've not tried too hard - it's not related to the FP to level but a seperate function of age/level of the building.

Once you have first place, for forgepoints:
R2 = ROUND (R1 / 5 / 2, 0) * 5
R3 = ROUND (R2 / 5 / 3, 0) * 5
R4 = ROUND (R3 / 5 / 4, 0) * 5
R5 = ROUND (R4 / 5 / 5, 0) * 5

I've always just used a table to gather the 1st place data when i need it.

Thank you!! However, like you, I've been able to discern that much as well. That elusive first place formula is really the key. It is reassuring to see that I did word my initial request properly, these other responses have me beginning to doubt my sanity. LOL

The first place rewards seem to follow, and yet at the same time, not follow, any pattern that I've been able to discern - although admittedly I've spent more time trying to see if anyone else had solved it than I have trying to solve it myself. :)

DeletedUser34800

1. I'm not here to explain your post and problem to other people. That's your job. You want the info, do the work. If people don't understand, try wording differently. Still not making sense? Try wording it as basic as possible.

2. Calling you out for being nasty and acting like a child isn't being on a high horse and being judgy. You got upset with @Hootengoben attempts to help you, and you started being a butt. Are you frustrated that your point is being missed? I'm sure. No need to act like you are.

3. Looks like you got your answer. Guess there was no need for your snark huh? Just had to have patience and wait for someone who understood to answer or go do the work yourself.

DeletedUser34800

So you can take your high horse and ride it over to hootengoben's house and have a great time making fun of people he doesn't understand.

What a little child you are. There's no need to be so obnoxious. Just another worthless forum poster I get to add to my ignore list.

DeletedUser29726

Thank you!! However, like you, I've been able to discern that much as well. That elusive first place formula is really the key. It is reassuring to see that I did word my initial request properly, these other responses have me beginning to doubt my sanity. LOL

The first place rewards seem to follow, and yet at the same time, not follow, any pattern that I've been able to discern - although admittedly I've spent more time trying to see if anyone else had solved it than I have trying to solve it myself. :)

The biggest problem is that it's going to be some function that then just gets rounded off to the nearest 5 which is all you'll see in game. You can come up with things that are close, but you can't be 100% certain unless you can find the actual source. For instance I found the formula on the en forums for good cost of sieging the next sector:

ROUND((3*B1^1.5+0.045*B1^3.1)/5+1,0)*5

Nothing about this would've been guessable because it's obscured behind the round-off to bring it to an even multiple of 5.

DeletedUser32389

Since you seem to be all-knowing up there on your high horse, how about you tell me how you would word this request so that people understand? It's easy to sit in judgement and pretend to know. Actually sharing that knowledge is where the rubber meets the road.
You think you get it, but your sophomoric understanding of the math involved is limiting you. There are multiple variables that they added in to balance buildings, some of which were done retroactively, some kick in to varying degrees at varying levels. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I can spout the math off the top of my head, but I can tell you that it's more difficult then something you can plug into your calculator.
Lastly, I don't know why that calculator cuts off at level 183. Did the developer manually type in all the values for the rewards for all 5 places for every level?
It's because there is not a set formula, it's a more complex algorithm that changes as the building progresses in level.

DeletedUser29726

It's because there is not a set formula, it's a more complex algorithm that changes as the building progresses in level.

There probably is a formula somewhere whereby you just need a single base value for the age and then can calculate from that the reward of any level you like - the issue is finding that formula and those base values. The formula likely involves some weird fractional exponents (it's slightly faster than a linear increase, but very slowly). At any rate, if anyone does think they've figured it out I'd be interested in giving it a test against the levels i have tabulated.