• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Archaeology

DevaCat

There didn't use to be a BP trading system :

Trade Duplicate Blueprints:
We noticed players were receiving a lot of duplicate Blueprints. With the 0.24 update, it will now be possible to trade 2 duplicate Blueprints for 1 RANDOM Blueprint of the same Great Building. Simply go the the inventory, click on the Great Building with the duplicates and select the pieces you wish to trade by clicking on them. Then, click on the new "trade 2:1" button below and you will get a random new Blueprint (not the same Blueprint of the ones you just traded, but you may still end up with a duplicate - see Anwar's post below).

Unbenannt-3_zpsb3569894.jpg
Interesting! That's likely why buying/selling of bps is dnsl today. Next one you find, let us know the year of the update. I know that one has to be early on.

WinnerGR

Here's an interesting one. Changelog 0.13 Way way back. [Link]

Friends, five goods per age... things we take for granted now were added then. Kind of a fun read.
I read that one earlier but back then there were no taverns so friends were pretty useless.

DevaCat

Here's an interesting one. Changelog 0.13 Way way back. [Link]

Friends, five goods per age... things we take for granted now were added then. Kind of a fun read.
That one also mentions a change to how damaged units are treated. Looks like before, you could do a battle and abort it if you were getting chewed up. Your units would reset to an undamaged state. After the change, units remained damaged and healed normally (either with time or by spending to speed it up I'd guess). I haven't checked the Feedback but I bet there was some cryin going on!

DevaCat

AHA!! Found one. In Announcements: Bunnies! Mar. 19, 2013. *

An Easter event where you would collect eggs from the event quests, and in your m/p window you had a bunny with a basket and a counter of up to 6 eggs which you could place in other people's cities, on decos like trees. If you got some of these given to you by others it would look like golden eggs in the trees lol. So, nice to have a good friend list for sure.

There was an Egg Trader (who remained in the city for 1 week after the event ended); you could trade your eggs in for the usual things, but among new items and units:

= Watchfire, providing a 4% stackable boost
= Wishing Well
= Rogue hideout
= Rogue

@Algona , I was going to look up feedback for this but found that Announcement Feedback only goes back to Feb. 10, 2014. Is this gap part of the eradication of game history you wrote about? If so it's sad. Our history is who/what we are.

* sorry, I would put up a link but sheepishly admit I don't know how lol.

Super Catanian

* sorry, I would put up a link but sheepishly admit I don't know how lol.
Easy. First, copy the link of the announcement. Do this by opening up the announcement page and copying the URL above that appears in your search bar.

Then, highlight the text you want to place the link in. Finally, without clicking anything else beforehand, click on the Insert Link button, which looks like a chain with two links, or you can use the command Ctrl+K. Paste the URL you copied earlier. Done!

EDIT: Fixed a quote because Forum decided to be gay when I replied.

Algona

There was a series of Easter Events before INNO decided to switch up to Spring Events. It was an interestneg evolution over the three years of the Event.

Ooops, did let something slip?

Anyway, yeah, hiding Easter Eggs is the same functionality that would apply to TPing a city. Already in place and developed as part of an Event.

, I was going to look up feedback for this but found that Announcement Feedback only goes back to Feb. 10, 2014

I don't know if they didn't have Feedback threads before then or if the mod who went on the delete move spree is responsible.

The mod who did the deleting and moving didn;t seem to have much rhyme or reason on which got deleted, but they moved a lot of threads to a subforum that either makes a lot of sense or no sense. Kinda depends on your sense of hierarchy.

It's a little visited subforum, but like the Questions subforum there;s a lot hiding there.

If you happen to find that treasure trove. don't post it here, we don;t want to spoil the search for anyone else.

Super Catanian

It's a little visited subforum, but like the Questions subforum there;s a lot hiding there.
Didn't you say that there was a mod who decided to move a lot of really old threads to the Closed/Archived section of the Proposals subforum years ago for apparently no reason? I remember last year (during the previous Archaeology Event), I necroed a thread of someone advertising their Guild. That thread was in that Closed/Archived section, and you had said that it was possible that the thread was moved there by that mod, rather than the OP not being smart enough to actually post in their respective world subforum.

Algona

If you happen to find that treasure trove. don't post it here,

Thanks...

Didn't you say that there was a mod who decided to move a lot of really old threads to the Closed/Archived section of the Proposals subforum years ago for apparently no reason

Ya caught me out. Yah,a lot of threads got moved there, that;s why it has soehting like 2500 threads.

Super Catanian

OK WHO WAS THIS MOD @inno you need a better vetting process for mods.
If i could go back in time.................
whoever deleted history is like burning the library of alexandria. a horrific thing.
I won't tell you the exact identity of this mod (he is no longer active ever since he resigned). Or am I thinking of someone else?

Algona

OK WHO WAS THIS MOD

I appreciate the enthusiasm. but it's better directed at learning fun stuff then getting all riled up. A mob won't do any good, that mod retired a long while ago.

This is one case where unearthing the past won't do anybody any good. The only lesson to be learned is for Community Management.

Conserve this history of the game and our community. don't alter or destroy it.

DreadfulCadillac

I appreciate the enthusiasm. but it's better directed at learning fun stuff then getting all riled up. A mob won't do any good, that mod retired a long while ago.

This is one case where unearthing the past won't do anybody any good. The only lesson to be learned is for Community Management.

Conserve this history of the game and our community. don't alter or destroy it.
Alright fine..Still though who was this mod?Im genuinely curious now.

DevaCat

Instead of watching aspects of the game crash I decided to put on my face mask and go on another forum crawl. It's dusty down there!

Big Al gave us the clue in the very beginning, eggs, and I was a little slow (faceplant) in the uptake.

Easter 2014 and 2015 introduced a new GB, new special buildings and units, and a new kit. I won't spoil it, but it's hard to imagine the game without some of these.

It was changed in Easter 2016 and the ability for a player to gift eggs to other players was discontinued. Instead, it was a familiar mechanic of event quests, daily pick up (then in town hall) and incidents awarding eggs. The eggs were then used to open chests to get tulips to make progress towards a Grand Prize, and they added a changing daily special.

I wouldn't mind playing an old-style Easter event. The mechanic of being able to send a gift from my city to another (at least an item/object that the game has given me) could lead to interesting possibilities for events with a little creative thinking.

Instead, seems like the route chosen was ever-increasing complexity and cleverness, culminating in St. Pats. Ugh.