• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Changes Discussion thread

plinker2

As I said before, I was never nasty or rude to any player. I rarely posted, and then I usually gave a PM warning before I ever acted. If I had to act, then someone usually needed it. Usually they just neglected to read the forum rules before posting.

Johnny B. Goode

Tht is very true and I sympathize with those who were crushed by the burden, and took it out on all the rest of us! LOL
As I sympathize with those who believed that their every idea or thought was golden and when confronted with reality decided that they were being singled out or the mod was just being mean. ;)

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Let’s not bash each other please I would rather not have to start removing messages :)

plinker2

That is very true and I sympathize with those who were crushed by the burden, and took it out on all the rest of us! LOL

Being a Mod is days (sometimes a week or two) that forums are peaceful. Someone may have a how, where, or when question. Most people do not read the forum rules and make an infraction, If it's a simple one you ask the poster and they will be happy to make the needed change. The more serious rule broken and we usually "take it upstairs" to make sure everyone is on the same page, then go from there. It's not nearly as bad as one thinks.

Sledgie

As I said before, I was never nasty or rude to any player. I rarely posted, and then I usually gave a PM warning before I ever acted. If I had to act, then someone usually needed it. Usually they just neglected to read the forum rules before posting.
I never had an issue with your moderating. There was only one mod I ever interacted with, and that is because that former mod had issues with me. That mod either deleted my posts or edited them without approaching me first to make the change. Since that mod was removed, I have not had any messages removed or edited. I'm sorry that you had to be included in the fallout from some mods using power inappropriately. Unfortunately the protocols you describe were not followed across the board. Overall I think the forums have improved for the better since the changes.

Johnny B. Goode

Thank you for the kind words, I also think the forum mood has changed for the better.
That's because anytime there is even the hint of negativity the posts get deleted. Any real discussion where people have genuine disagreements gets shut down. Maybe you just haven't been paying attention. I have. Lots of posts are there and then gone. I'm on here a lot, so I see a lot of it. I even had one deleted because it was allegedly "against the spirit of the thread". Ironically, I was actually standing up for the OP's intent and rebutting another player who was detracting from the thread's intended spirit. Perception is not always reality unless you're seeing what's actually going on.

Dursland

Can we get a lock on this thread? None of the posts are contributing anything worthwhile and I'm tired of reading them.