• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Changes Discussion thread

Galechade

Would you post a list of the mods and what their title is, please? Would you also make it simple to locate (maybe a section under Announcements titled Moderators) and keep it updated? The EN server used to have one which made it very convenient. Also, mods used to be paid in diamonds to their cities, so technically more than just a volunteer player. Is this not true any more?

Tony 85 the Generous

I have seen the announcement the Ideas subforum is already under revision. Pardon me if this forum change idea is duplicate. There are few if any ideas that can be proposed that are not an idea to modify or enhance a new feature. But what is "new"? When is a "new" feature no longer new? In most forums it is bad form to add a new post to a thread that is more than n months old. But that is what is (was) requested of the users per the (old) guidelines of the ideas subforum. My suggestion is the feedback threads should be closed (either actually or logically) to posting new ideas and new ideas should be posted in the Ideas subforum.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
I have seen the announcement the Ideas subforum is already under revision. Pardon me if this forum change idea is duplicate. There are few if any ideas that can be proposed that are not an idea to modify or enhance a new feature. But what is "new"? When is a "new" feature no longer new? In most forums it is bad form to add a new post to a thread that is more than n months old. But that is what is (was) requested of the users per the (old) guidelines of the ideas subforum. My suggestion is the feedback threads should be closed (either actually or logically) to posting new ideas and new ideas should be posted in the Ideas subforum.

Thanks, we will bear this in mind as we rework the area.

Tony 85 the Generous

There sub forum is titled 'Game Discussions and Feedback", and inside that subforum is a sub-subforum (is that a thing? LOL) for feedback called "Announcement Feedback". Mods start threads in the "Announcement Feedback" which gathers all such threads (a. kudos on the having this subforum and b. I think only Mods should be able to start threads here but anyone can reply).

Regarding the "Questions" subforum.
1. What is the difference between "Game Discussion" section (excluding the dedicated subforum for announcement feedback) and "Questions"? How do you keep them separate? Why separate (most discussion OP are questions)? How to moderate the difference?

2. When starting a thread in Questions, you are given the option of question, FAQ, or Guide. But there is a "Guides" subforum. Why are Guide (and FAQ) threads in the Questions subforum, shouldn't they all be in the Guides subforum?

Suggestion. Reorganize the Announcements subforum and then include the "Announcement Feedback" subforum within it. In the Questions subforum, move all threads listed as Guide ot FAQ to the Guide subform. Then move the remaining threads (untitled and titled as Question) to the Game Discussion area. In the end there would be "Announcement and Announcement Feedback", "Guides and FAQs", and "Game Discussions and Questions".

DevaCat

There sub forum is titled 'Game Discussions and Feedback", and inside that subforum is a sub-subforum (is that a thing? LOL) for feedback called "Announcement Feedback". Mods start threads in the "Announcement Feedback" which gathers all such threads (a. kudos on the having this subforum and b. I think only Mods should be able to start threads here but anyone can reply).

Regarding the "Questions" subforum.
1. What is the difference between "Game Discussion" section (excluding the dedicated subforum for announcement feedback) and "Questions"? How do you keep them separate? Why separate (most discussion OP are questions)? How to moderate the difference?

2. When starting a thread in Questions, you are given the option of question, FAQ, or Guide. But there is a "Guides" subforum. Why are Guide (and FAQ) threads in the Questions subforum, shouldn't they all be in the Guides subforum?

Suggestion. Reorganize the Announcements subforum and then include the "Announcement Feedback" subforum within it. In the Questions subforum, move all threads listed as Guide ot FAQ to the Guide subform. Then move the remaining threads (untitled and titled as Question) to the Game Discussion area. In the end there would be "Announcement and Announcement Feedback", "Guides and FAQs", and "Game Discussions and Questions".
I suggest not moving any threads from their current places. The last time that was done it was a disaster and information/history was lost due to over-zealous housekeeping.

1. Combining Game Discussion and Questions into one sub forum is not a good idea imo. The current separate sub forums setup allows for the fast asking and answering of questions in the “Questions” section. This would be more difficult and time consuming if one had to search through the lengthier discourse in the more general “Discussions” section. That discussion may take place in “Questions” and questions may be asked in “Discussions” is not a problem warranting Moderators’ policing of which posts go where, much less any major Forum overhaul in my opinion.

2. I don’t start threads, so my question is: are those same options also offered when starting a thread in another sub forum? In other words, are they generic selections (available in any sub forum) or are they sub forum specific? Also, isn’t there the option to not use any of those labels?

I have no problem with a FAQ thread existing in Questions; logically it belongs there (frequently asked questions) - but then a FAQ located in Guides would also not concern me. If one is obsessive about such things it might be distressing, but I don’t see that grounds for a major contents relocation project.

Tony 85 the Generous

I suggest not moving any threads from their current places. The last time that was done it was a disaster and information/history was lost due to over-zealous housekeeping.
I don't see how one can reorganize without moving or deleting. I certainly don't want anything to be deleted. To not move threads from one forum to another, the other option would be to close the existing subforum and move it to a "Closed Forum Area" and not allow any new threads in forums of that area while starting a new forum. Certainly an option, but that means looking through another subforum to find a thread.

2. I don’t start threads, so my question is: are those same options also offered when starting a thread in another sub forum? In other words, are they generic selections (available in any sub forum) or are they sub forum specific? Also, isn’t there the option to not use any of those labels?
I checked through the first layer subforums. The titles and/or ability to add a title and what titles are available appear to subforum specific, there are different options per subforum (although Questions and Guides subforum have the same options).

There is an option to have no title. Some forums have no option to select a title.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Thanks, Ember. You are always so helpful. I hate that you gave up your position! Any chance of getting the moderators list as well?
The page I linked automatically updates the list based on who has a Moderator tag on the forums.

LeCron did say in the announcement there’d be changes to the team and training of new mods.

If you’re looking for a list of Ingame Moderators, that‘s something that I haven’t seen publicly listed in a long time

plinker2

Now for my 'Buck-fifty" on the matter. When I came on board, Jill was CM and Snowbelle was over the Mods and was the one that trained me. I always tried just to "keep the wrinkles smoothed out" and and let the flow of the forum move as it would. If I was ever rude to anyone, I really didn't mean to be. If I DID kick your butt, you deserved it. It has been fun and I met a lot of good players and several Mods that came and went. I'll be around (as usual), but not as much. If we need to talk over something, just drop me a pm. Until then, Keep it between the ditches!!!

plinker2

Well, as you can see now, it's been a long while since the forum mods were "canned" abruptly, without any notice or forewarning. So, I cannot with good conscience tell you how you will be treated as a Mod. I was around and worked with several forum managers. We never had a problem and up to the day we were "let go" as they put it, we had NO idea it was even considered, much less in the works. I have had this on my chest for months and thought you would like to know. I wish you well.

Ebeondi Asi

I have not been on the forum nearly as long. However I'm very glad the old forum moderators are gone. Of them all, only Emberguard was actually fair and just to players. The rest were nasty and played sides all the time. And in particular favored a few bullies who dominated the Forums.
When I first started it was clear anyone who disagreed with the few players' in power (and in cahoots with several moderators"') would get excoriated endlessly. and lot of new Forum members would quit out of frustration at the 'system' back then! That, thankfully, never happens now.
So again .. I am very glad the band of people who were moderators (again with the one exception of Emberguard) are long gone. and the few once dominant non- moderator forum 'bosses' are no longer able to exert the control they once did.

Last edited:

Sledgie

There were some of us that were particularly singled out by certain forum mods. We knew that if we made a suggestion, even if we dotted every "i" and crossed every "t" some premise would be found for rejecting it while other people would be allowed to modify faulty suggestions. There was one time when I presented a well-formatted suggestion that fit within the scope of what was allowed. When I posted it, I asked friends on my favorite FoE Discord server what they thought it would be rejected for. No one had any doubt that it would be rejected, simply because I had presented it, it was just the grounds that were in doubt. None of us identified the specious grounds it was actually rejected on. I am very glad to see that old team of mods gone and the forums are much improved as a result.

Emberguard

So again .. I am very glad the band of people who were moderators (again with the one exception of Emberguard) are long gone.

Just to be clear, I was never a US forum mod. I was a US Ingame mod. While I was given a forum tag to help out, my role on the (US) forums never included moderating.

Thankyou for the compliment, but it’s very easy to not take issue with that role when it‘s a role that (for the forum side) wasn’t dealing with rule breaches/enforcement and therefore had a different goal. Ingame Mods only dealt with rule enforcement for the actual game

Last edited:

Agaselle

This whole game forum should be just taken more in consideration from everyone as a chat platform for every matter gamerelated....Thank you for always having met everybodys expectations , actually it is the players here who have to show somethink for to improve with more intelligent threads, I got to smile about it that Inno tries to make its own community work more interesting, I guess even so there is still room for improvement.GISELA guild salutes this forum and its moderators.......