• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Search Tool is Inadequate

Vonderbach

This forum is largely reliant on "search before you post" as is evidenced by numerous ideas that are posted which have already been proposed. I have expereicned this first hand after searching for an idea, coming up empty and then being told the idea already exists but with no direction as to where it resides. The search tool is woefully inadequate and cannot parse phrases or other Boolean type search parameters. For example, this morning I tried searching for "Wishing Well Shrink Kit" and the search tool removed "well" because it was "too short, too long or too common" It also does not understand phrases so the tool reports back with every iteration of wishing, shrink and kit, which is overwhelming and unhelpful to say the least.

Understanding that this forum runs on XenForo, I located a plug-in that would enable members to better find content related to their search and possibly reduce the frequency of DNS ideas. It would also reduce the number of repetitive questions.

xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-use-search.178600/#post-1415490 Hyperlink Removed

I could not locate a forum feedback area so I'm hoping this is the proper location for such suggestions.

dergerch

I have that happen anytime I try to search for any acronyms... and tbh, in a game like FoE where a lot of TLAs (or acronyms in general, I'm trying to make a point here) are used, I'd expect the forum search function to not deem any term "too short" or "too common".