• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forum Upgrade

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

UBERhelp1

The table in my guide uses the [TH] tag and everything is formatted properly. Is there perhaps a different problem causing the brokenness that you are seeing?
Idk. When I went to my guide, the headers were all broken across the different posts.

Oh, and also it would be nice if we could adjust the spacing on tables. How it is now is wacky - it gives way too much extra space to certain sections.

Super Catanian

I noticed that too. “Reacted positively” implies there is a dislike button or other form of disapproval
I also just realized that, when quoting from another player, you can now click on the quote of an already posted message, and you will be taken to the original message quoted.

Jern2017

I will echo the other posters, the colors are too bright. I'm not sure about the interface, certain parts will take some using to.

- KQ -

This is a huge improvement for me. The font is much clearer. The yellow in the cream colored background is a bit bright.

Edit to Add: It's not as bright as the message system in the game, but there is something about the color that doesn't work as well for me as the background in the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36572

Hold on ... Grr ... Got sunscreen in my eyes.
Going to turn my head and cook the other side now ... :)

I concur with many, a tad on the bright side.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I am going to add my critique about unread posts being hard to distinguish easily.

I also notice that after reading through several forums here, the text is starting to look blurry. I don’t have that problem on any other forum site I use.

It would also be nice to be able to set the default text size, since the text is extremely tiny on my phone.

DeletedUser22214

It is way too bright. Aside from that probably will just take time to get used to it

Algona

2 - you can not mark specific forum parts as read. Only option is all forums.

This new 'feature' sucks even more then the color change.

The highlight while writing or editing a post is not much of a highlight.

Also not sure why we can't select our own color palettes, I was able to do so on Forum software 20 years ago.

And wondering why even the join date was removed from under the poster's name.

And why they decided to crop Avatars into circles.

And why the [ /Quote] tag is on it's own line.

And why some functions take more clicks then before.

And just what exactly was improved for the users in this 'upgrade'?

EDIT: When you copy from the forum to a word processor it copies as a graphic now unless you paste as text only.

Last edited:

time4coffee

I guess I am the odd man out hear, I really like these colors, actually the same set up I use on my kindle app. These old astysmic, near sighted and far sighted eyes like this better.
I like that the alerts,inbox and search are all on top and easy to find.
I kind of like not having the date joined there, I kept taking it as start thread started. It always takes a second or two. But then I'm only here for a few months so the date of my joining doesn't matter much. I can see how it would if you've been here since the beginning. I do like that it has still has status of member - like well-known, new member etc.
I really haven't checked out much more, these are just first impressions.