• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony 85 the Generous

Are all forwarded ideas in the Submitted section? If a posted is marked as already forwarded, then there should be a post in the Submitted section. Is this correct?

Tony 85 the Generous

I follow the purpose of the two.

But I can't find a corresponding listing in Submitted for an idea I suggested, was marked as already forwarded, and was placed in Already Suggested or Forwarded.

DevaCat

Good question. The mod should perhaps reference the post designated as already forwarded when he is closing an idea for that reason.

Honestly, the wording is confusing. Before the changes, to "forward" meant to submit a proposal to the mod team to set it up for a community vote. After a successful vote the proposal info was sent by the mods to Inno and the thread sent to the Submitted section.

The process now as I understand it is that you attach your own poll and community voting takes place as the idea is being discussed. No explanation so far about how long it can sit before being acted upon. If it doesn't get shut down for whatever reason, then what? Where does it go? The Submitted section shows nothing sent to the devs past January 2020.

My question would be: what does Already Forwarded mean?

Tony 85 the Generous

I would ASSUME a suggestion flagged as Already Forwarded is a valid suggestion that has already been discussed, agreed upon, and has previously been sent to Inno.

Tony 85 the Generous

I thought the forwarded section was the record of ideas that was submitted? How about the idea is pulled back, discussed and processed properly?

Tony 85 the Generous

Second time? Third time? When was the first time? We (you) have no record that an idea in that manner has been sent. I have reviewed (probably in more detail than you expect of a "New Member") and find no such idea being proposed let alone accepted or denied. I did find many other closed army management ideas (which 99% I agree to, there was one that could use consideration in a modified form).

Tony 85 the Generous

I am not going to do your search for you, cause there are links (records) that do not even exist anymore.This is one from beta

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pre-defined-army-setup.12382/

not this forum, but result is the same.
Sorry. I don't know how to get to the Beta forum. I used the search engine provided on this forum.

Yep. Saw that one like that in the closed section but it is not what I am suggesting. Different but different. A pre-defined army slots would require storing three army configurations with troops for each player, plus their injury rate, etc. plus a(nother) management screen to select which troops are in which spot. Basically 3x the army selection in the army management screen. That's a lot of programming (heck it was a lot of typing to just get to a brief user requirement list which isn't even complete).

The idea I am proposing is MUCH simpler and requires MUCH less UI change and MUCH less programming. The routine would cycle through each spot on button press (no other UI change other than add button). Routine would execute as follows: Starting in the first spot: Is troop in spot x injured? No then leave it, Yes then remove it then does player have another troop of the same age and type? If yes then add to army, if no then leave blank and move to next spot.

Complicated changes are less likely to be concsidered and accepted, hence my change (idea) is short and sweet and requires minimal change to the UI.

Last edited:

Tony 85 the Generous

Your idea has been forwarded and many more like it.
Not that is available for review in the ideas section or subsection. Some different, but they are different and not like this.

If you do not trust my judgement, so be it.
I apologize for wasting my time trying to help. More than 20 years of being on forums, I'm glad to find out so quickly how this one is run. Since you are the moderator, you can dictate everyone's conversation and opinion. You have fun with YOUR forum.

Last edited:

Agent327

Not that is available for review in the ideas section or subsection. Some different, but they are different and not like this.

I guess since you are the moderator, you can dictate everyone's conversation and opinion.

I apologize for wasting my time trying to help. You have fun with YOUR forum.

Feel free to report it, so another mod can have a look at it. I have no problem with that.

Agent327

Your link is producing a file not found error.

I know. He wants records and as a result of forum changes, not everything still shows. I can't help that and if he does not trust what I am saying and thinks my only intentions are to stop his idea, he is free to report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.