• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Founders Guild can not be ousted out or banned from their guild

A founder of a guild should remain Founder regardless if they were ousted?

• Total voters

Kranyar the Mysterious

Alt's are against the game rules... i'm sure it still happens, but it's not really an option for anyone who doesn't want to risk getting banned.
They are a "bannable" offence, but I've never seen it stop those that wanted to do it. Over the years I reported so, so many, and to this day almost all of those accounts still exist. Guilds full of ABC001, ABC002, ABC003, etc are still easy to find if you look. Alts have been so inconsequential for a long time now I'm not sure why anyone would go to the trouble to report one anymore if it wasn't messing with top guilds.

xivarmy

They are a "bannable" offence, but I've never seen it stop those that wanted to do it. Over the years I reported so, so many, and to this day almost all of those accounts still exist. Guilds full of ABC001, ABC002, ABC003, etc are still easy to find if you look. Alts have been so inconsequential for a long time now I'm not sure why anyone would go to the trouble to report one anymore if it wasn't messing with top guilds.
I think they'd still be a little consequential if they weren't intervened on. Not the same low-effort ways as in the old days when you'd just go "24 more FP generated per day! free FP!", but if you developed the city you could start using it to "push" in various ways.

i.e. twice the space for event buildings to funnel the benefits into your main, self-filled GB spots, "free" sacrificial attrition on tough sectors. But if you got into that high-effort territory I imagine you're more likely to attract a ban than a placeholder-alt to keep "your" guild in place. And they have their auto-system to restrict people on the same connection from donating to each others GBs which covers most of the cases.

Possibly more to the point, because multiple players from the same household are a thing - As long as that other account *isn't* pushing your main, I think it's typical to say it's your roommate/brother/wife/whatever's city, which is technically fine. Even though it might be pushing the boundaries of truth, it's something they can't prove. So as long as it doesn't cross the line into the above territory of "no really, it's a push account, even if it is someone else doing the pushing", I think it'd escape retribution.

Dominator - X

I would like to introduce a rule. That founders of a guild can not be ousted out or locked out. The only way they could give up their title is to send in a request to FOE asking that the title be removed and handed over to another person of their choosing. The Founder should be able to visit other guilds with his title and return back to his guild without provocation. A founder of a guild should be permanent. No founder should have their guild stolen away from them.
Yeah, NO! This is just dopey.

autumncast

Yeah, NO! This is just dopey.
Why would you respond negatively. So you support dishonesty. It's okay to steal a guild from the founder because you're too lazy to start your guild. That's what cowards do rob and steal and feel good about it no morals. That's what snakes do. Pretend to be your friend suck out all the information out from you just so they could steal your guild. You work hard to build a foundation and help this monster out as much as you can with the up run of the guild so he could steal it. I trained this dummies in GVG 2 months before he stole the guild. I negotiated with other guilds to allow him in GVG. I loaded the treasury up so he could have goods for GVG and GBG. He never had goods to run a guild. He's a truck driver never available 2 weeks at a time. When he's on the road he doesn't have wifi. So it's not like he was at the guild more than me. Our agreement was that I would go out and get goods and points for the guild to keep it afloat. He fell in love with a new member and tried to impress her telling her he was the founder. When he learned how to fight in GVG it went through his head. I fought in GVG so he could have sectors. And taught him how to hold on to the sectors. He was very ungrateful. Everything about the game I taught. He's a back stabbed and trader. If he was so great he could have started his own guild and took members with him. But he took the coward way out. I built the foundation of the guild I had over 27 members. And sectors in 4 different ages. Because he didn't know how to fight in GVG after the first time I trained him. And didn't tell me until 3 months ago he didn't know how to fight in GVG. I had to trained him all over again. After 2 months learning and falling in love it went through his head.

Sledgie

You made a bad decision and now you want to change the rules for everyone.

The original founders of my guild quit the game long ago and passed the torch to others. The current two founders (myself and another) aren't even the second set of founders. Our guild has gone through a few different sets of founders in the 7 years it has been in existence. It's also been through a leadership coup, but built back and is a good solid guild. No reason to change the rules surrounding founders rights.

Dominator - X

Why would you respond negatively. So you support dishonesty. It's okay to steal a guild from the founder because you're too lazy to start your guild. That's what cowards do rob and steal and feel good about it no morals. That's what snakes do. Pretend to be your friend suck out all the information out from you just so they could steal your guild. You work hard to build a foundation and help this monster out as much as you can with the up run of the guild so he could steal it. I trained this dummies in GVG 2 months before he stole the guild. I negotiated with other guilds to allow him in GVG. I loaded the treasury up so he could have goods for GVG and GBG. He never had goods to run a guild. He's a truck driver never available 2 weeks at a time. When he's on the road he doesn't have wifi. So it's not like he was at the guild more than me. Our agreement was that I would go out and get goods and points for the guild to keep it afloat. He fell in love with a new member and tried to impress her telling her he was the founder. When he learned how to fight in GVG it went through his head. I fought in GVG so he could have sectors. And taught him how to hold on to the sectors. He was very ungrateful. Everything about the game I taught. He's a back stabbed and trader. If he was so great he could have started his own guild and took members with him. But he took the coward way out. I built the foundation of the guild I had over 27 members. And sectors in 4 different ages. Because he didn't know how to fight in GVG after the first time I trained him. And didn't tell me until 3 months ago he didn't know how to fight in GVG. I had to trained him all over again. After 2 months learning and falling in love it went through his head.
Your drama and your perception of your own self-importance, aside... Your response was dopier than your rule request.

Johnny B. Goode

Why would you respond negatively.
Because this whole thread is based on a non-problem.
So you support dishonesty.
No, we support personal responsibility. The guild was your personal responsibility and you abandoned it.
It's okay to steal a guild from the founder because you're too lazy to start your guild.
He didn't steal your guild, you gave it to him. What happened is clearly within the rules of the game. You have no justification for outrage. Especially since you go on to claim that the person you gave the guild to lacks intelligence, character and availability. You made a very poor choice and are now paying the consequences. Deal with it.

The Lady Redneck

You are expecting FoE to guard you against your own actions. YOU made the decision to give someone else founders rights. The error of judgement is on your head. OK it sucks big time to be stabbed in the back by someone you regarded as a friend. Chalk it up to experience and move on. Set up new guild and build a good leadership team and have one of them go walkabout if a reason for doing so comes up.

Emberguard

o you support dishonesty. It's okay to steal a guild from the founder because you're too lazy to start your guild.

It's impossible to steal from yourself, they can't just take the Guild from you without actually obtaining Ownership of the Guild

There's only two scenarios where someone else could take ownership from you:
  • You directly gave them Ownership of the Guild
  • You stopped playing for an entire month, so Ownership was transferred to the highest ranking (as in rights) member

It's no different from handing over the deed and title to a house after you sold the house. Whoever holds it has Ownership, you don't hand that over, sign on the dotted line and then be surprised that it belongs to the other person.

Sure there are areas in the Guild Rights that could be improved, but even if those are updated it's still not going to stop Guild Ownership from being transferable as that would make the game unplayable if the Founder ever goes completely inactive.

Dominator - X

Interesting: Several members who spoke unfavorable to this dopey proposal, voted in favor of many of its points, above.

Johnny B. Goode

Interesting: Several members who spoke unfavorable to this dopey proposal, voted in favor of many of its points, above.
I doubt it. I would bet those votes are from players as clueless as the OP, who only voted and didn't comment. Mainly because most of the voting choices make absolutely no sense. Like the 4th one that makes it sound like he wants a visiting founder from another guild to automatically be given founder's status in the guild he's visiting.

Dominator - X

I doubt it. I would bet those votes are from players as clueless as the OP, who only voted and didn't comment. Mainly because most of the voting choices make absolutely no sense. Like the 4th one that makes it sound like he wants a visiting founder from another guild to automatically be given founder's status in the guild he's visiting.
You can doubt it all you want. However, when you click on the actual vote line, it shows the members who voted.

Johnny B. Goode

You can doubt it all you want. However, when you click on the actual vote line, it shows the members who voted.
Okay, so I learned something new today!
I would bet that @The Lady Redneck (who voted for all of them) was just being funny. And I would further bet that the others either misinterpreted what a choice was asking for, or just read something into a garbled choice that wasn't there. Like that last choice. As it is worded, it is just utter nonsense with no real game meaning.

Pericles the Lion

Okay, so I learned something new today!
I would bet that @The Lady Redneck (who voted for all of them) was just being funny. And I would further bet that the others either misinterpreted what a choice was asking for, or just read something into a garbled choice that wasn't there. Like that last choice. As it is worded, it is just utter nonsense with no real game meaning.
I voted for the least dumb option just to see the results. Now I can't seem to be able to delete the vote. :confused:

No one stole your guild, you gave them the keys and they refused to give them back.
You made bad choices and may yet learn that making bad choices has consequences.
You set yourself up to lose.
Make better choices.
Learn from your mistakes instead of demanding the world conform to your set of undefined rules.

Emberguard

As it is worded, it is just utter nonsense with no real game meaning.
Sounds to me like the bottom says:

• Only 1 Founder allowed per Guild
  • Original Founder appoints who gets Founder rights

Which contradicts the notion of never handing over Founder status, as that choice in itself requires abdicating the position of Founder in order to give it to someone else if only one is allowed

It would also mean you can only swap Founders once; 'cause then the selected Founder isn't the Original. That would kill Guilds if the Original stops playing, and passes the rights to someone only for them to also stop playing