• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

FP Donation etiquette question

Cyrus the Adequate

Is it still considered poor form if an unrequested donor (sniper) pays more than 1.9x for a slot?

For example, if someone sees a Level 64 Arc with two open slots and only 215 FP left, paying 108 to clear slot 4 pays out 45....a 2.4x multiplier. If you really want the medals and the 6 BPs, that might make sense....but that GB may not be in your Guild.

Clearly if you drop the last FP on someone's level up to snag a few dozen FPs they're going to be ticked off.....but if you overpaid and didn't force the building to level.....? What's the consensus on the etiquette of this sort of move?

Asking for a friend.

Ebeondi Asi

The word snipe has been stretched to include all sorts of behavior. And can include any unrequested additions to a Great Building of another player.
The best practice is to ask if it is OK.
Many players will still find even 'more than 1.9' to be an annoyance. You moved their cheese. Other players welcome the gift. It is an individual thing. since the Great Buildings are owned by individual players

Last edited:

Ericness

I really don't think we can call it sniping in most cases once you start getting into 1.9 territory, but that's just me. Unsolicited 1.9 and higher donations seem pretty win/win to me. The receiver gets free FP in the amount they probably would have if they posted it in guild (with no extra effort) and payer gets whatever prints/medals they were after and willing to put up FP for.

I recently had a building in a 1.92 thread "sniped" for above even that. No one was upset and the unanimous opinion was I got pretty darn lucky!

67Sage101

I'm in favor of a slide rule donation where players donate at their ARC's Percentage. Funny how high level players that get 96% with 140 ARC's try to push lower players in to 1.8 threads. That's like making all your friends your FP slaves.

Cyrus the Adequate

I actually view the 1.9 thing as pretty unreasonable for anyone in the lower levels....but in this case the value of snagging the BPs was the deciding factor.

Cyrus the Adequate

If one does not want FP added to their buildings (in any amount, snipe or not) they should not unlock their building until they are ready to level. If it is unlocked, it is fair game. If I want the spot, I will take the spot.
Hmmm..... How do you lock a building? That's new to me.

Ebeondi Asi

I'm in favor of a slide rule donation where players donate at their ARC's Percentage. Funny how high level players that get 96% with 140 ARC's try to push lower players in to 1.8 threads. That's like making all your friends your FP slaves.
You can certainly look for a Guild that offers that. The folks who own high level Arcs worked hard to get them. if you think they should be your slave instead of you captive to their whims...... where they are required to give 'you' 100%. I guess you can dream.
If you are in such a Guild where the only thread offered to you is a 1.8 I suggest you find a better one.
Sometimes Guilds have ony a few Arc level 80+ owners. Then the Arc level 60 (1.8 reward) may be asked to help. Those people are not getting rich off helping out.
And if you are donating to a 1.8 when you have no Arc or only a small Arc you are getting a bargain.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

It is not lock a Great Building. All Great Buildings are unlocked up to level ten from the moment they are built. It is after level ten, where you need a set of blueprints to 'unlock' the next level that one can leave the level locked until opening it to work on it ... is possible.

If desparate it is also easy to just disconnect the GB from the road. the GB will be unable to be added to or to use by the owner either. But sometimes it might be needed to have it off the road grid.

Last edited:

DevaCat

Be aware that any position you have taken with your arc will revert to a normal unboosted return should it level while you are disconnected.

Glockgemini

I believe that sniping only occurs in the sweet spots where the 1.9x value is greater than the minimum to lock value and the sniper just pays the minimum to lock the place. I think that most sniping occurs on Arcs which have the largest sweet spot for 1st and 2nd places.

jeffj2

Good info in this thread for us noobs.
I noticed in some GBs "deleted user". Did the owner of the GB delete them from that GB at some point? Not sure how they did that, or why they did that. Thanks in advance.