• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

fp production according to age?

• Thread starter DeletedUser26120
  • Start date

DeletedUser31592

Tavern has nothing to do with aging up? You don't use silver on the tech tree and I don't see any bonuses to buy to speed it up. You should be spending early silver on upgrades and cloths - maybe GE turns but that's cheap.

I got to purple cloth in 7 days (with 8 chairs) and then red in less than a week after that with 10+ chairs. My general rule of thumb is that if cloth is cheaper or equal to the next chair/table upgrade then I get it. Served me very well and I got my cloth up quickly.

So anybody who is still on 1st/2nd stage cloth a month later really has no excuse.

GE, attack boost for PvP, Construction boost, etc... Not directly tied in with aging up, but the quicker you age up the more you need to use boosts to overcome a shaky foundation.

In my 4 secondary cities that were built in established worlds, I started GE right away and was going through Level 4 in under a month. Lots of silver has going to a 4th turn for negotiations. I just finally got a burgundy cloth in one city about 3 weeks ago. (I had burgundy in Y and Z first.) I'm regretting upgrading because I have to wait for 1500 silver for the GE boost.

Salsuero

So anybody who is still on 1st/2nd stage cloth a month later really has no excuse.

My opinion (which I'm sure will be challenged) is that it is "selfish" to not upgrade the tablecloth all the way to red before anything else. Why? Because you are asking your friends to give their time to you and the tablecloth is a reward for that time. Asking them to sit regularly in your tavern while you use the silver that gives you to upgrade your own boosts is not very nice. I suggest the tablecloth first and everything else will be easier because everyone will actually want to sit in your tavern as often as possible for that forge point chance.

DeletedUser26532

I don't think you're wrong about making a tablecloth the priority upgrade. However, upgrading it first to the exclusion of other pieces actually makes it slower.

people who are on your friend list aren't going to check your tavern, see the cloth and then decide to visit. Them checking the tavern automatically visits. So while a couple may drop you as friends, you can easily replace them from the pool of players and your net different in aids will be pretty minimal.

By delaying purchase of the floor and tray, (and even chairs) you're limiting how much silver you can gather per day and therefore how many coins you can put towards the upgrades, and therefore how quickly you get the tablecloth upgraded.

In general my personal preference is: if chairs are cheaper than upgrades, buy a chair; if not, buy a tablecloth, then tray, then floor; then repeat.

Salsuero

Them checking the tavern automatically visits. So while a couple may drop you as friends, you can easily replace them from the pool of players

Might be reasonable in a new world, but I try to have the top players of my world on my list. Them dropping me because I have 16 chairs with a gold tray and no tablecloth is my fault. I realize that wouldn't happen in your personal example, but I've seen it happen in the game. I prefer to incentivize them keeping me, especially being in a low age where they have very little practical use of me. Of course, that's just my opinion.

if chairs are cheaper than upgrades, buy a chair; if not, buy a tablecloth, then tray, then floor; then repeat.

You're obviously totally entitled to that alternate opinion. Nothing wrong with it if it works for you. I would prefer not to see that happening personally. If that makes me a jerk, I'm ok with that. We all have different priorities for how we build our friends lists.

DeletedUser31592

My opinion (which I'm sure will be challenged) is that it is "selfish" to not upgrade the tablecloth all the way to red before anything else. Why? Because you are asking your friends to give their time to you and the tablecloth is a reward for that time. Asking them to sit regularly in your tavern while you use the silver that gives you to upgrade your own boosts is not very nice. I suggest the tablecloth first and everything else will be easier because everyone will actually want to sit in your tavern as often as possible for that forge point chance.

I'd argue that you will get the burgundy table cloth faster with an upgrade.

In an established world, I will usually keep my table cloth 2 levels higher than anything else and I won't go above 10 chairs before I get the burgundy cloth.

In a new world, I make the level differential 3 since I was trying to get active players to send me an invite.

Salsuero

I'd argue that you will get the burgundy table cloth faster with an upgrade.

I never said it wasn't faster. I just said it was easier. Because, you will have more friends sitting in your tavern and less of them dumping you for "appearing" to be selfish. Everyone's mileage will vary, but a new world is a bit different than an old one. I started in a medium-age world and that's my only town. But... they also released the tavern after I started, so I was at the same advantage as every other player. What I do know is that when I see new players try to add me and they have multiple upgrades with no tablecloth or a cheap one... I won't accept. There are so many people who have red tablecloths that I can be picky about it. So, it's a disadvantage and thus not as easy to find "quality" friends if folks are like me... and I know I'm not the only one if you read global chat as a small sample size of other folks who think similarly -- that they want red tablecloth friends ONLY. I'm not even as strict to say only. I evaluate other factors. In a new world, everyone is in such a similar pool that it's hard to be super picky right away, but I imagine that sorts itself out rather soon and people will start to dump all/most of the players who don't have a red tablecloth in favor of friends who do. I could be wrong.

DeletedUser31592

I value heavy activity more than a burgundy cloth. Sure, I can fill my friends list with 140 burgundy cloths, but if I can only sit at 100 of the taverns (because the others are full, or I am still sitting in one from weeks before), are they doing me any good? Nope.

Obviously, I have over 80 active friends with burgundy cloths. (If I didn't, I'd dump until I can invite.) As for the other 60 friends who have to invite me, I want an empty tavern. I will get more FPs out of the Floral or Royal cloth that is emptied regularly than a Burgundy cloth in a tavern that is always full. If you are new and working on upgrading, fine by me. Honestly, if I can snipe FPs of your GB because you are so new, you are worth keeping around even if you never get passed the second table cloth.

If/when I am actually begging for friends on Global Chat, I say they need a burgundy cloth with 16 chairs. Do I turn someone down with the royal cloth? No. The plaid one? Probably, but it depends on how many spots I have to fill.

What gets me is 10M players with everything upgraded but the cloth. I had a friend in A (have no idea the name) without a table cloth. I kicked him as a newbie to the world still in Iron Age. I don't want the BPs that badly.

Salsuero

I value heavy activity more than a burgundy cloth.
Obviously, I have over 80 active friends with burgundy cloths.

As do I. And I don't see why you have to compromise otherwise. I also stop at 80 friends. It makes it easier to drop and add a new one if you see something you need/want from a stranger.

I will get more FPs out of the Floral or Royal cloth that is emptied regularly than a Burgundy cloth in a tavern that is always full.

Obviously, and agreed. I just choose to go after friends who can provide both a red tablecloth AND an empty tavern on a daily basis. Problem solved for me.

What gets me is 10M players with everything upgraded but the cloth.

That was essentially the point I was making.

DeletedUser32153

I usually upload my city every week to one of the planners to see if I have open spaces anywhere. That was how I managed to condense my city a bit more along the H edge so I could straighten out a road. Gave me space for 3 more Ritual Flames. :)
Any advice on how to upload and open a city planner?

DeletedUser32153

I saw that. Does this site show you the best way to layout your city?
By this I mean do they show you an example? I’m very new to the city planner and would like to figure it out before it’s gone

DeletedUser27889

WOW. City planner going away? I actually cannot design my city without that and I've tried. I wish they would just integrate the same idea into the game itself.

So I checked out the site and what he said but couldn't find how much money he needs by when? I see the 1200/year cost (which WOW I can't believe he's been footing that bill for all of us for so long) but was there some place I missed about him needing X to stay open?

By this I mean do they show you an example? I’m very new to the city planner and would like to figure it out before it’s gone
You create an account (just so you can save) and upload your current city. From there you can move/change/add anything you want in sandbox mode without it affecting your actual game.

Falconwing

No. It just allows you to import your current city and move stuff around. It also allows you to add buildings you don't have. I actually haven't figured out how to delete a building so I just use the expansion addition to make a box outside the city to place unwanted buildings/roads into. It also can be switched to blueprint mode for easier designing.

Building in rows is the best basic strategy. Allows for efficiency and easy modifications.

https://imgur.com/6rbGilM

Once I started having a majority of special buildings/GB's I had to modify mine past simple rows for better efficiency.

https://imgur.com/nU637oG

DeletedUser31440

@Falconwing when in the menu to add buildings click on the building you want to delete then press the delete key on your keyboard.

DeletedUser32824

According to my spreadsheet, with repeatable quests and my collection buildings, I collect ~55 FPs per day from my HMA city. Not bad!
24 are from buildings
about 5 are from friends taverns
and 26 are from questing. (This is an average, some days I get 40, some I get 15)