1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Friend Trade button in MARKET.

Discussion in 'Submitted' started by DreadfulCadillac, Feb 6, 2019.

1. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

Proposal:
    Create a button that filters trades as the neighborhood and guild trade button does.
    It will be in between the Neighborhood trade button and the Guild trade button

Current system:
    Does not currently exist in the game, will not be replacing anything.

Details: It will be a button, same size and same shape as the neighborhood trade filter button, the guild trade button, and the acceptable trade button.It will have the friend icon on it, mush as the hood and guild button do.It will filter the trades the same way.
    I want this because sometimes you have a friend who has a bunch or trades up,but you have to go thru(in my case over 100 pages of trades to find it)so this will simplify this as the other 3 existing buttons do.

Abuse prevention:
    N/A

Visual Aid:[​IMG]

It will be shown between the neighborhood button and the guild button(not in the picture)

Conclusion:I don't see how this will hurt.In fact i find it very helpful.
    Side Note:this will be added to mobile and PC.
    Plz leave any questions, comments or concerns below:)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  2. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

This could be very useful indeed!
    However, I've been on the forums long enough to know that soon enough, we will be flooded with comments saying "It's unnecessary"!:p
    +1

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  3. DreadfulCadillac

there are a few proposals that got nearly unanimous yes.it would be a miricale if one of mine became one of those:)

4. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I would be in favor of this.

5. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

You'd have guild up there as well if you're in a guild. So it'd look more like this:
    upload_2019-2-6_16-11-40.png

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  6. Clara Osgood

Clara Osgood Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Noarsil, Rugnir, Sinerania
    Mobile doesn't even have a neighborhood filter button. Only guild & fair trade buttons.

7. Emberguard

upload_2019-2-6_16-28-21.png

*acceptable offer button :)

8. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

An acceptable offer is one that you can accept. Meaning you have the goods asked for. Has nothing to do with fair trade.

9. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Many players apparently think this green thumb's up is a fair trade filter. It's not. It filters out trades that you don't have the goods to fulfill. For example, say there are two trades up and one is asking for 50 Basalt and the other is asking for 50 Gunpowder. You, however, have 60 Basalt but 40 Gunpowder. If you checked the box next to the green thumb icon, the Gunpowder trade would disappear, leaving only the trade you're able to take for 50 Basalt.

10. Emberguard

Yeah when I first started playing I thought it was a fair trade button too. Until I realised the trades weren't using the 2:1 ratio and were just anything I had the goods for

11. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

Every trade is fair by the game's rules. If you don't like the terms, you don't accept it. If you do like the terms, you accept it. Nothing unfair about any of it. Unbalanced, sure. But some people are happy to trade in an unbalanced way and find it plenty fair. Would much rather they refer to "fair" trade as "balanced" trade, personally.

12. Kaidi

Kaidi Member

+1 - I keep getting stuck in hoods where hoodies post pages and pages of unfair trades. It would be nice to keep it to my friend's list, when I'm shopping outside of the guild.

Though I would like it better if I could, say, turn on guild and friends, and ignore neighbors, or turn on friends and neighbors when looking for something for a guildmate. But even just being able to see neighbors would be helpful.

13. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

14. Clara Osgood

Worlds:

Mobile doesn't even have an explanation/definition pop up when you click directly on the green thumbs up icon itself like your pic shows. :)

Yes, my bad. Never used it myself until double checked what mobile currently had regarding this proposal - clicked on it & only the 2:1/1:2 goods between 2 Ages showed (by mere coincidence), which is Inno's unfortunate definition of "fair trade" trading between Ages. So, mistakenly just assumed it was something it wasn't.

Agree with you. I dislike that Inno uses "fair trade" terminology with regards to the Create a Trade tab as a check box option. Poor choice of words.

15. Clara Osgood

Worlds:
    So, why did Inno leave out the neighborhood trade button from mobile, I wonder. Is there actually a PC vs mobile platform design issue/problem/whatever making it not worth the time/effort to implement? It put in the same filter options regarding guild & acceptable trades. Why would the neighborhood filter be so inherently different to not be included?

Since I can't ever make any 'PC-only --> for mobile too' proposal, I'm perpetually stuck only bemoaning my fate & wondering why. Except regarding not having GvG - so glad Inno states they'll never spend time bringing that to mobile.

16. DreadfulCadillac

Can we keep the fair trade drama out of this thread plz?since this has nothing to do with fair trades.i dont like drama sorry:(..if ya like it.say ya like it.if ya dont like it.say ya dont like it..that simple no need for all of this:)

17. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

-1 Just message the player trades.

18. Clara Osgood

Worlds:
    Ummm.... What drama exactly?

I said mobile only has 2 filter buttons, whereas you show a current 3rd one for PC, for the hood. No drama, just stating a fact of current inequality between mobile & PC trading filter options (filter options being the topic of your proposal).

But I mistakenly said one those filters was fair trade filter. It's not, which folks politely corrected for me. And someone pointed out the issue with 'fair trade' terminology by Inno in game, which is a real issue with some players' trying to understand trading as a concept in FoE. Again, no drama.

My reply to them thanked each for their assist & agreeing about the Inno terminology choice. Yet again, no drama.

My last post asks a general question about why Inno chose to have 1 less trade filter on mobile vs PC (2 vs 3 currently). No drama there, either. Why did I ask that? Other than my own personal education regarding computer/platform differences, it's relevant for me as to whether or not I'd support your proposal. If it was too problematic or time consuming for some valid reason for Inno to put that current 3rd trade filter for hood in mobile, then it's possible they would only put your suggested friends filter on PC as well (assuming they ever got this proposal & wanted to use it). In that case, I'd have no interest in supporting your proposal -- sorry, simply won't agree to adding any useful extra functionality only to one platform.

DreadfulCadillac and Salsuero like this.
  19. DreadfulCadillac

ok i understand:)it would be added to both platforms..ill add that into the proosal later:)Dont worry:)@Clara Osgood

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  20. UBERhelp1

UBERhelp1 Well-Known Member

+1. That would definitely be nice to have.