1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Friend View

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Soloman Terror, Jun 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soloman Terror

Soloman Terror New Member

Is it possible to have an option to know when your friends or guild members are online? It is difficult to know when players are online. For chatting or trading this would be very helpful. There is a box on this main page that indicates whose online. A similar option in the regular game play would be nice.

2. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

This has been proposed multiple times and I don't know that it ever got to the voting stage. I am a hard no as a player because it's nobody's business when I'm online or not.

3. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

Like Longshanks, I'm a hard NO for the same reason.

4. Stephen Longshanks

I researched back over 3 years of Proposal voting, and this has never made it to the voting stage despite being proposed at least half a dozen times.

5. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

-1 No thanks

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  6. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

-1 no
    NOBODY needs to know if i am on or offline, thats my buissness
    i dont want somebody to see i am online, DM me, and then i dont respond for awhile cause i am thinking bout what they said or didnt see it, then they get upset at me.
    so NO sry

Godly Luke likes this.
  7. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

8. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

So you get an indication that the person is online. First, that doesn't mean the person is actually playing the game, but might just have the game open in a browser tab. Second, not everyone checks messages constantly. Third, it would almost certainly come with the ability to hide on-line status, so you still couldn't be sure if the person is really off-line or not. Fourth, I suspect that a lot of people jump into the game and do a task or two (5 - 10 seconds) and then leave - if you happen to see them being on-line during that period, you will likely wonder why they don't respond to you. I don't think an on-line indicator actually serves the purpose for which it is often proposed.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  9. Soloman Terror

Soloman Terror New Member

Ok. That`s fine with me. I understand. I was just wondering. It's not a big deal. We can ignore or close the thread now and continue on with our normal gaming time. Thank you.

10. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

Glad to see that you took this without complaining! If only there were more of you in the Forums...

11. Stephen Longshanks

Thanks. Closing the thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.