• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

friends activity

Wraith2001

what does the new active label on the friends bar mean
aid, vist, both, login, any activity in the game at all ???

Duncan Scotus

As it is it is better than nothing but like everything in life it could be improved.
The tool has basically three settings:
1) Active within 2 days.
2) Active within 2 to 8 days.
3) Inactive more than 7 days.

If INNO could add one more setting "4) Inactive over 30 days" then it would be really useful.
Also INNO might consider having the tooltip that indicates if you are sitting in the tavern letting you know how long it has been since the tavern has been emptied/collected.

Ideally the tool would react to something more than just a log in, such as collecting from the Tavern, to eliminate bots. That however may be beyond my pay grade as far as the work involved.

Ebeondi Asi

As it is it is better than nothing but like everything in life it could be improved.
If INNO could add one more setting "4) Inactive over 30 days" then it would be really useful.
The vast majority of active players (who aid regularly) log in "Active within two days" the rest are not worth keeping as friends. (the exception woud be if they went on vacation and could not get internet access, or camping etc. But I look at those problems as small enough to just accept the losses dropping them creates.
IMO if you want to keep friends who did not login for more than 29 days? just useless baggage.

Lancer

If INNO could add one more setting "4) Inactive over 30 days"

Yes, that would allow much more sufficient time to sort out the heavier rocks on board the ship and get to toss them over pardo before they make you start to sink beneath the surface.

Ebeondi Asi

It took me five minutes to dump the "Not two days or less" from checking 130 Friends. lost about ten. no big deal. I have not checked for about two months. and back then 80 took over an hour to check.

Duncan Scotus

It took me five minutes to dump the "Not two days or less" from checking 130 Friends. lost about ten. no big deal. I have not checked for about two months. and back then 80 took over an hour to check.

Your mileage may vary. Given that there are real people behind the keyboards, and given that I prefer to play with other adults who are not obsessive compulsive and who have real lives, and given that people may be out not just for a vacation but they may be ill with a rather nasty disease, I prefer not to dump people because they have not played in 7 days. People who have been gone for a month, unless there are unusual circumstances shared at the least with their guild, should be identified and separated. It has been my policy to send a message first asking for a reply. If that does not produce a result in 3 days then I would delete them. All that said I hope that INNO builds on this Active Label feature to make it a more useful tool.

Emberguard

Thing is unless you have a specific reason you don't really need to empty your friends list until you near or are at 140 friends. Which also means unless you're getting a lot of friend requests you don't need to cull a lot of players, only enough that you can still accept active friends.

So if we did have a 30 day marker that'd make it that little bit easier to separate "might come back" from "probably quit the game". I'm fine sticking to 7 day indicator, but I would have no issues with extending it to 30 day and would use it if it were available.

Pericles the Lion

I guess it depends on how a player uses the friend's list. I am in regular contact with only a couple of mine (former guildmates) but the other 130 +/- are not "friends" in a real sense. I mo/po their city, visit their taverns, and invest in their GBs, They reciprocate, to one degree or another, by doing the same to me. "Active" or not, I wouldn't bounce a player that is a true friend. The others are different. If they aren't active then I can't help them nor they me. I don't think I'd bounce someone in the 2-7 bracket but after 7 days, probably. This is only how I choose to play my game and I respect the choices that other players make. I'd support an extra "over 30" bracket if it would help other players.

Ebeondi Asi

Thing is unless you have a specific reason you don't really need to empty your friends list until you near or are at 140 friends. Which also means unless you're getting a lot of friend requests you don't need to cull a lot of players, only enough that you can still accept active friends.

So if we did have a 30 day marker that'd make it that little bit easier to separate "might come back" from "probably quit the game". I'm fine sticking to 7 day indicator, but I would have no issues with extending it to 30 day and would use it if it were available.

The reason to dump players is they are not aiding back.
I aid all Friends and Guildies every day with the desire to be aided back every day. there are an endless stream of players who want to be aided every day and not have to aid at all in return (or think aiding once a week is plenty) . I don't want those players as a Friend. Period. Leaving a not aiding back player on my Friends list is anathema to my practices. So I would much rather accidentally (and yes with misgivings) drop a player who has Real Life issues, then keep the slackers even one extra day. (I have had a Friends PM and say I am having RL issues, kept them on as they resolved the problem)
nasty? call me nasty who cares. LOL

Emberguard

nasty? call me nasty who cares. LOL
I‘m not calling you anything. I just see no benefit in dumping a player that aids once a week if I’m not currently getting more friend requests than the rate I’m dropping friends at. And don’t need to go hunting for them myself if everything is already reliably aided

Ebeondi Asi

The nasty comment was not in regard to any post by anyone. Amusing myself I was thinking of aiding along the lines of Janet Jacksons song "What have you done for me .. lately" which connects to the term "nasty" LOL

I do not know how many items anyone else has in their City. For me to get all items possible aided every 12 or 24 hours I need everyone aiding me every day.
If someone else feels that aiding once a week is plenty. all good for them.
My personal general demand from Friends is three aids, and at least two tavern per the five days of the Event History of each city. I actually look up each Friend in the history (about once every few months on average) and less than five total events, I unfriend them. To mention there are a bunch of Friends who aid and tavern 5 by 5 every time I'm looking in the Event History. and my history looks the same in their Event history. (aside from times the tavern is full thus my allowing for one missing per two instead of expecting three tavern visits as the requirement. I have used this as a rule for whom to unfriend, for well over a year. and I get all my things aided every day.
I would mention if I look at the Event history in one of my cities by neighborhood only I get 5 pages , for Guild only I get 13 pages, and for Friends aid I get 43 pages plus 37 pages of tavern visits in five days of Event history. Aiding alone is 61 pages is 610 in five days or 122 a day aid.
second city Hood 2 pages, Guild 16 pages... Friends aid 38 pages tavern 32 pages (64 tavern visitors a day average)
Third city Hood 3 pages, Guild 14 pages... Friends aid 44 pages tavern 35 pages
Anyone can look up these stats in own city and compare.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Good discussion! I keep a couple of blacksmiths around all the time. They serve a purpose sort of like canaries in coal mines. I figure as long as the blacksmiths are getting motivated I don't need to spend any time trying to figure out which friends are not doing their part. I guess I'm just lazy.

Cptvkirk

i find it useful for sniping, not much else. aiding from history resolved the 7 day activity question already. now that there is no need for strategic thought putting a friend list together due to unrestricted invites, the dot holds little value for me. since it is here, i just wish it showed on hoodies too! lol

Emberguard

I do not know how many items anyone else has in their City. For me to get all items possible aided every 12 or 24 hours I need everyone aiding me every day.
If someone else feels that aiding once a week is plenty. all good for them.
I guess this is where guilds can make a difference