• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends (group message/chat)

DeletedUser25795

Just wanted to know peoples views before possibly proposing a new feature for easily messaging/chatting with your friends.

At the moment I can send a group message to ALL guild members but not ALL friends.
At the moment I can chat to all in Global/Guild/Neighbourhood or send an individual whisper to a player.

Personally I would like a drop down menu in messaging to have a send to all friends button. And likewise a chat tab for all friends. (I can chat to all in my hood which has enemies in but not to my friends which seams weird to me.)

The friend messaging could get frustrating if lots use this but if they are your friends they should only use this for helpful events.
The friend chat tab I see as more useful and less frustrating as this is just another little picture by the other 3 and you can choose to not even open chat windows up if you prefer.

DeletedUser8428

Sorry purps. I'm a definite NO.

Everyone you have on your friends list are not necessarily friends with each other - how are you going to manage that? Just because "A" is on your friends list does NOT mean they are on MY list. And now, because that thing is in my inbox, when I want to message YOU, I will simply pull that out and message all of those people on the original email you copied to me. Never mind that none of those people is on my friends list except you.

No thanks. I don't do that with RL friends, and have no interest in being included in a lot of nonsense with FOE "friends"

DeletedUser32403

Just wanted to know peoples views before possibly proposing a new feature for easily messaging/chatting with your friends.

At the moment I can send a group message to ALL guild members but not ALL friends.
At the moment I can chat to all in Global/Guild/Neighbourhood or send an individual whisper to a player.

Personally I would like a drop down menu in messaging to have a send to all friends button. And likewise a chat tab for all friends. (I can chat to all in my hood which has enemies in but not to my friends which seams weird to me.)

The friend messaging could get frustrating if lots use this but if they are your friends they should only use this for helpful events.
The friend chat tab I see as more useful and less frustrating as this is just another little picture by the other 3 and you can choose to not even open chat windows up if you prefer.

I would also like this feature added.

DeletedUser26131

if you do make this, then make an option I can myself excluded by this in front (so in global options, "^ don't want receive multiple adrressed messages from friends")

DeletedUser26560

The idea to easily add player names and all players on ones Friends List has been purposed and rejected by the administration for over a year now. I think it would be great to easily select players to message and to select everyone in the Friends List / Neighborhood for notifications like GB leveling and FP swap offers. I simply can not understand the lame excuse of abuse when this is currently available on other formats of the game but not on PC version, I see this as an excuse rather than a reason for not making this improvement that most players would want. Besides I see more and more multiple player messages and whether these are coming from other format users or being manually typed make the argument against quite LAME.

DeletedUser8428

I see this as an excuse rather than a reason for not making this improvement that most players would want.

Are you sure you know what MOST players would want? While the forum posters here are not really representative of all players in all worlds on all servers, it's telling that there is a fairly large segment of players here in the forum that do not want group messaging.

Agent327

Friends chat I have no problem with. You do not have to visit the chat.

Group messages from friends and neighbours, hell no. To many will abuse this system.

DeletedUser26965

Since this is already on mobile might as well be on PC. I only abuse it once in a while to make a pretend Swap thread and put my GB on it to get free fp's, I'd like to enjoy that same fun on PC as well.

DeletedUser26560

Since this is already on mobile might as well be on PC. I only abuse it once in a while to make a pretend Swap thread and put my GB on it to get free fp's, I'd like to enjoy that same fun on PC as well.
Players often ask ALL their Friends to contribute to their GBs and I do NOT see how that is anywhere neer being abuse.

DeletedUser26560

Friends chat I have no problem with. You do not have to visit the chat.

Group messages from friends and neighbours, hell no. To many will abuse this system.

Like I said MANY are already messaging their ALL their Friend List. Where have you been?

DeletedUser26965

Players often ask ALL their Friends to contribute to their GBs and I do NOT see how that is anywhere neer being abuse.
Well, okay, maybe not abuse but perhaps a bit, well, use whatever word you want, what do you call it when someone starts a fake neighborhood swap thread to fool people into giving them fp's?

DeletedUser26560

Are you sure you know what MOST players would want? While the forum posters here are not really representative of all players in all worlds on all servers, it's telling that there is a fairly large segment of players here in the forum that do not want group messaging.

I would differ I bet I could come up with a VERY LONG LIST starting all the group messages I get every day it is becoming a popular idea long over due to be impimented. Sure the amount of these I am not interested in but it shows me how active the players on my Friends and Neighbor lists are in the game.

AND this ARC thing seems to be going crazy.

DeletedUser31592

No, players don't often do this. I play in 7 worlds and have been playing for over 3 years. I may get a spam message from a friend once a month (out of all 7 worlds), and it is usually regarding tavern visits or a leave if I am still active message. At that point, I look in the history to see how often they aid and tavern sit. I remove them from my friends list if they are not aiding nearly daily. I don't want spam.

Neighbors who spam me automatically go on ignore.

DeletedUser8428

Like I said MANY are already messaging their ALL their Friend List. Where have you been?
You keep mistaking YOUR experience for everyone's experience. While it may certainly be true for you, or may certainly be true for you and your friends, that is hardly representative of all players of FOE.

- KQ -

I would differ I bet I could come up with a VERY LONG LIST starting all the group messages I get every day it is becoming a popular idea long over due to be impimented. Sure the amount of these I am not interested in but it shows me how active the players on my Friends and Neighbor lists are in the game.

AND this ARC thing seems to be going crazy.

Praise the Dog for the "Ignore" feature. The people that mass message me don't get a second chance.

DeletedUser33142

I am all for this idea. There are times I've wanted to send out a quick message to my friends, like for a quest that requires tavern silver or something. I completely agree.

And it's simple enough if you don't want to be part of the conversation to just delete the thread.