• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends List

DeletedUser28786

I've reached my limit on requesting friends, at 80, and yet, I've noticed that a few a my earlier friend requests have either stopped playing, or just aren't worth keeping around. I would love to be rid of the dead weight and have the ability to add friends that truly will help my city grow. Is this available or am I screwed because I made some bad requests when I first started out? Please help as I feel a bit stuck.

DeletedUser26965

Well, you can click on their name and remove them but if you still have 80 or more friends when you're done you still won't be able to invite anyone but you can have people invite you if they have invites. You can have up to 140 friends.

DeletedUser28786

Yeah, while I understand that I can still have more friends, I'm only in the Early Middle Ages. The people that request me are always below me. I need stronger bases that are above me that will truly be able to help. Of the 85 friends that I have, 60 are rated below me. I don't need anymore of that and those that ARE above me, can't request, I need to.

DeletedUser26549

This is a major topic of convo tonight amongst some other players and I, trying to add one another. The friends limit is driving me nuts and I can't stand it, honestly. That's just my opinion, please don't judge lol...but really. So many quests we get and whatever are FoE's way of trying to get us to interact with one another. At least let us have more friends as we get older in age. I'm totally tired of seeing "I'm out of requests, I'm out of requests too, guess we can't be friends"...I see this all the time. Its sad

wolfhoundtoo

Drop the ones below you till you have the invites you need. You can send them a polite message if you feel the need but when looking for friends of higher ages invites are almost always a must.

DeletedUser

It takes a long time to build a good friends list. Personally, I like the limits. Imagine if could just to global for trades and swaps and all you have to do is drop someone and add. I aid off my event list and that helps weed out the slackers but is it not so great for seeing who bothered to sit at your Tavern.

DeletedUser26965

I need stronger bases that are above me that will truly be able to help.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. There's really only so much friends can do, Tavern, Aid, trade goods and fp's to GB's is about it really which anyone can do from any age really, aside from BA not being able to give fp's to GB's. Just because someone is a higher age doesn't necessarily mean they will be active and consistent in doing those things. I suppose it's important to know what it is exactly you're looking for then try to find friends that can fulfill that. So if you're looking for active Friends Tavern type people go to global chat and ask for people to add you as a friend that are daily tavern sitters.

Just in case you didn't know you can also view the history of a player's actions with you in the Event Log. Town Hall>News>Event History>Search Name

Then you can see if they are sitting and aiding. This is one of my friends data below, so in the last 6 days he's sat at my tavern and aided me 4 times each.

XtoMyEp.jpg

DeletedUser26549

It takes a long time to build a good friends list. Personally, I like the limits. Imagine if could just to global for trades and swaps and all you have to do is drop someone and add. I aid off my event list and that helps weed out the slackers but is it not so great for seeing who bothered to sit at your Tavern.
True, but for someone like me, I am Progressive Era, and I have already done all the screening and dropping, adding. I like everyone that is on my friends list. I don't want to drop anyone, they all aid daily/visit. Some are quite a bit lower age than me, but that's ok. I just wish I could add some of the new people I meet, that are good players. Or if I see a good trader in the market that always posts good, fair trades, I like to add them also because it ensures there will be at least one person posting decent trades in the market.

DeletedUser

It never ends Queen C, I just dropped 5 more the other day for not aiding me in my history. It's a 2 way street, you do for me and I do for you. I am in OF as of yesterday and the people at the top of my list are solid, I keep turning over the newer players who claim to aid and Tavern visit everyday. I am sure you have seen them in global (if you can get in now). I like to help anyone but understand that's how the game works. Just like no aid from the hood, you do nothing for me ,don't expect any favors from me.

DeletedUser26549

It never ends Queen C, I just dropped 5 more the other day for not aiding me in my history. It's a 2 way street, you do for me and I do for you. I am in OF as of yesterday and the people at the top of my list are solid, I keep turning over the newer players who claim to aid and Tavern visit everyday. I am sure you have seen them in global (if you can get in now). I like to help anyone but understand that's how the game works. Just like no aid from the hood, you do nothing for me ,don't expect any favors from me.
I am agreeing with you snake, it's true, you have to drop inactive players once in a while. But even after I dropped a ton of inactive players, and even a few active ones that I didn't really want to drop, I was still maxed out and couldn't invite anyone. This needs to change. I've been maxed out for months now. I like the friends I have now, they ar egreat players. I'd like to add more.

DeletedUser26549

Thanks! Me either. I played pac man, A LOT! LOL I couldn't hear the video because I have my computer on mute. I can listen to it later tho. :)

Mustapha00

What I'd like to see is there be some way of identifying the Friends Invitations that you sent as opposed to ones sent by other players that you accepted. No idea how easy or difficult this would be to implement but I'd still love to see it.

DeletedUser25273

The way the Friends system currently works, you can actively shape your friends list by sending invites, if you keep your friends list to only 80 friends. Then you can drop one and issue an invite to replace it.

If you want more friends, you can give up the ability to invite, and have up to 140 friends. Switching from the first to the second is easy, just let your list get over 80 and you won't be able to invite anymore. To get back to being able to invite, you will need to do the tough job of trimming your friends list to under 80.

You get the choice, you get to chose your friends system, but you have to live with the consequences.

Czari

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. There's really only so much friends can do, Tavern, Aid, trade goods and fp's to GB's is about it really which anyone can do from any age really, aside from BA not being able to give fp's to GB's. Just because someone is a higher age doesn't necessarily mean they will be active and consistent in doing those things. I suppose it's important to know what it is exactly you're looking for then try to find friends that can fulfill that. So if you're looking for active Friends Tavern type people go to global chat and ask for people to add you as a friend that are daily tavern sitters.

Just in case you didn't know you can also view the history of a player's actions with you in the Event Log. Town Hall>News>Event History>Search Name

Then you can see if they are sitting and aiding. This is one of my friends data below, so in the last 6 days he's sat at my tavern and aided me 4 times each.

XtoMyEp.jpg
THANK YOU for posting this!! I had no idea this could be done. I try to mentally keep track of who hasn't aided in awhile; having actual info is wonderful!!

pabell59

Well, you can click on their name and remove them but if you still have 80 or more friends when you're done you still won't be able to invite anyone but you can have people invite you if they have invites. You can have up to 140 friends.

This means that those who request to be friends with you also count against your 80? So even if you delete friends that YOU invited that doesn't free up an invites until you delete below 80 friends total? How does that allow you to help younger players progress? This doesn't seem very fair to everyone involved.

DeletedUser26965

This means that those who request to be friends with you also count against your 80? So even if you delete friends that YOU invited that doesn't free up an invites until you delete below 80 friends total? How does that allow you to help younger players progress? This doesn't seem very fair to everyone involved.
Correct, doesn't matter who invited who or who gets deleted when and such. As long as you have 80 friends you can't invite but you can always invite as long as you have less than 80 no matter how many invites you have used total. I've dropped entire friends lists well over 80 before and rebuilt back up to 140 again.

DeletedUser8152

How does that allow you to help younger players progress?
Actually I think it does help newer players, because it means it is not very hard to find more advanced players who still have less than 140 friends (either because they haven't filled up yet, or because they recently booted inactives). So those advanced players are available to be invited.

Basically, anyone with less than 80 friends has an advantage in getting new friends. Which is typically the newer players.