• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Sniping Me

Cyrus the Adequate

They ain’t your friends if they sniping you.
Why do you say this? What does the building owner stand to lose from someone else putting FPs on their building?

If you have a guild that does FP swap pages, they'll lose their FPs when your guildmates take the higher spots. If you don't, then it just costs you less to level up.

Where's the harm?

MJ Artisan of War

If it is a true snipe then the sniper pays less than the 1.9 price in order to make a profit on the position.
Someone else, either the building owner or some other hapless rube is left to make up the difference...
If it is a part of a swap thread or the owner is a "self-leveler" then there really is no harm as they know not what they do....

Cyrus the Adequate

If it is a true snipe then the sniper pays less than the 1.9 price in order to make a profit on the position.

Where is that "1.9" multiplier in the rulebook?

It seems that this is an informal agreement based on a level 80 Arc, so why does it matter when you're talking about the thousands of lower-level players dicing over Level 3 of Zeus or Babel? Yeah, I get it if you're talking about a high-level building....but why would the owner/builder allow it to get into a position to be sniped in the first place?

I came across a Zeus this morning at about 50 points from leveling up and only one donor. I "sniped" it by paying all but one of the remaining FPs, which was still enough to make it very profitable (I got a 90 FP slot for about 50 FP). How did I do anything other than help the builder? If nobody donated to take the 2nd spot, those reward FPs would have just vanished into thin air, and that doesn't help anyone. Frankly, I could have donated half +1 and left slot 3 for someone else to profit from; this would have given me higher profit and opened another sniping opportunity - would that have been better or worse for the builder?

If it is a part of a swap thread or the owner is a "self-leveler" then there really is no harm as they know not what they do....
Fully agreed.