• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends so soon?

LaGoulue

I just started a game and haven't progressed on the tech tree to where I can be social and have friends; however, I noticed that somebody wanted to friend me!!! How can he see me when I have no way of connecting at this time?

wolfhoundtoo

You are in his neighborhood would be my 1st guess. If not then they looked up people on the global ranking. Not sure if they looked themselves up and saw you as being near them or if you happen to be named something they would be familiar with and found you that way.

LaGoulue

OK, that's very helpful! I haven't started a new game in years and forgot how things go in the Bronze Age ... :)

Emberguard

OK, that's very helpful! I haven't started a new game in years and forgot how things go in the Bronze Age ... :)
Social tabs used to be visible straight away years ago. It was changed to a technology unlock to allow a slower introduction to the game features. But because it's a visual change only you're actually already in the neighbourhood before you unlock the social tabs. Anyone who can view the neighbourhood can view your position in the neighbourhood and send a friend request