Friends Tavern Has a Table Cloth on the Floor

Discussion in 'Addressed' started by Cosmic Raven, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Cosmic Raven

Cosmic Raven Active Member

The Situation:

The player is purchasing and using floor upgrades inside of his or her Friend’s Tavern.

The Bug:

Applying the “Tavern Stone” floor upgrade to the Friends Tavern will display a “rug” in that player’s own Friend’s Tavern that is really the “Floral Table Cloth” stretched across the entire floor.

Notes:

1. So far, the bug only occurs for “Tavern Stone” flooring, which is the highest upgrade I currently have unlocked. I if select lower floor upgrades, I get no “rug”, no matter which table cloth I use. (I am still a few days away from being able to unlock the next floor upgrades to try them.)

2. I have 140 friends on my friends list and 79 guild mates, and I have visited every single tavern of these 219 players to look at the different combinations of upgrades. Most of these players have upgraded different aspects of their Tavern by now. I have seen the same combination of Tray, Table Cloth, or Floor that I use in my Tavern several times. However, no matter what combination of these upgrades other players use in their Friend’s Tavern, I have never seen a “rug” in any other player’s Friend’s Tavern — the “rug” only shows when I visit my own Tavern.
    Screengrab:
    TavernFloorBug.png

2. Cosmic Raven

I have finally come across the same bug in a different player's Friend's Tavern on Noarsil. the player's name is: magic8192.

TavernFloorBug2.png

3. jaelis

jaelis Well-Known Member

My impression is that the "rug" is just part of the "Tavern Stone" decor. The next floor up has a rug too. I haven't seen a Tavern Stone floor without it, have you?

4. Cosmic Raven

Now that I have all of the Flooring option unlocked, it appears as if all flooring options including "Tavern Stone" and above have a "rug". However, this is a poor design choice by the designers, since it appears they assumed players would upgrade all aspects of a Tavern evenly.

As things are now, if the level of your Table Cloth doesn't match the level of your Flooring, you can end up with some very ugly color combinations like this:

TavernFloorBug3.png

or this:

TavernFloorBug4.png

Not to mention, have you ever in REAL LIFE seen a floor rug that was exactly the same as a table cloth? That just doesn't make any sense at all.

5. Obi Juan Balogni

Obi Juan Balogni New Member

@ Cosmic Raven - sorry for doing this, but I'm blatantly using this reply to draw your attention to some questions that I posted to one of your posts on a thread called "Elite Great Buildings". If you have a chance...swing by there and see my questions. thank you!

6. Xepshunall

Xepshunall Member

Okay, for those who haven't figured it out, the cloth on the floor that costs 4000 silver is the same pattern as the tablecloth that cost 4000. This pattern persists through all but the checkered pattern level on my cities. If it is intentional, I would agree with an earlier post here that it is in poor taste and based on the join and posting dates, it is intentional.