• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Frontenac - still worth it?

IngeJones

I am sure the quest rewards used to be more generous, but now it's only the coins and supplies that are worth multiplying. They usually give out about 5 goods basic - so I now get 13, which is a drop in the ocean. Medals and FP now come in packages, which are not affected by the frontenac's multiplier. I am thinking of deleting my frontenac now. I thought I'd see if anyone could explain why that would be unwise?

Emberguard

I have not noticed any change in the Chateau at all in its quest output. FPs have never been boosted and were always packages during my time playing (I started sep(?) 2017)

In any case, players have always got it for the goods primarily. So as long as it boosts goods + diamonds it retains its worth

If you intend to never do recurring quests then it’s a toss up as to whether it’s worth it or not given it’ll still boost the story quests you do

DeletedUser40495

It’s definitely worth it. Level it up a bit, do a few recurring quests and you will be able to remove all goods buildings. And as a side bonus recurring quests also can give FP. CF can allow you to do more UBQ quests, which can give lots of FP.

So yeah, definitely worth it.

IngeJones

Algona, I am currently at the end of SAM waiting for the next age. Yeah I always do the spend FP one, as I collect about 300FP a day, not counting GB rewards. 22prentwill, although the quests sometimes give FP, it's in the form of packages, so the CF won't multiply them. As for goods, my SBs are providing loads so the 13 goods I occasionally get from a quest (5 without CF) is underwhelming. There was certainly a time it was useful - when I used to get military units as prizes for quests, but now my traz is given me loads each day even that isn't very exciting. I was thinking of replacing it with the star gazer, if we find out exactly what use it will be (after Ceres is launched)

Algona

Well, i can;t really give you a good argument for not tearing it down other then Diamond Quests as ODragon notes.

You see, I gave up farming RQs a year ago. I don;t need anything they provide now, I;ve been camping. But i don;t have a need for the space Chateau is taking, and I am nowhen near SAM, so there are still thousands of Diamonds I will get from Quests.

And heck, it's not like you can't rebuild it and zip it nack up to 12 in a few days or weeks if you decide you want it again.

If you think you can use the space more interestingly, better or just more fun,

"Mt. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

err, I mean

Convert Chateau into a homeless shelter or museum for dysfunctional artists or whatever.

Have fun and let us know what you decide to replace it with and how it works out.

Agent327

I am sure the quest rewards used to be more generous, but now it's only the coins and supplies that are worth multiplying. They usually give out about 5 goods basic - so I now get 13, which is a drop in the ocean. Medals and FP now come in packages, which are not affected by the frontenac's multiplier. I am thinking of deleting my frontenac now. I thought I'd see if anyone could explain why that would be unwise?

Medals have never come in packages and if you are in SAM like you say, neither do fp's.

IngeJones

Well Agent maybe you're getting different rewards from me then, after all they are random. I can't remember the last time I got loose medals or FP. Or maybe it's like 5FP - instantly forgettable. When I first got CF 5FP doubled would have meant a lot to me. Also it gives daily coins and I already have more coins than the UI can display :). So like said above it would only be the diamonds, and they come mainly from GE

IngeJones

Actually yeah you're right I did just get some loose FP but... 10? And that's *with* the boost. I could stick a TF in the same space and do better. I have loads in my inventory I don't have room for :) Hmm, but I still seem to be the only person who thinks I should get rid. That makes me nervous

ODragon

Hmm, but I still seem to be the only person who thinks I should get rid. That makes me nervous

It's possible that end game it isnt for you and you can get rid of it. For me, aging up with it means I can rq goods roght away as well as boost diamonds from quests. If those dont hold value then get rid of it. I look at it as an efficiency thing. It makes the quests I'm going to do anyway that much better so for me, it is worth it.

In Indy, I'm questioning keeping DT because the goods it gives arent many and sup from HC is more plentiful. I know people questioned LoA when HC came out. Game changes, nothing wrong with evolving with it

IngeJones

I like my DT better the more I progress, because if I keep friends of people in lower eras, it's one way to make sure I can get goods across the range, without having the factories. You never know if you might want some earlier goods.

Agent327

Well Agent maybe you're getting different rewards from me then, after all they are random. I can't remember the last time I got loose medals or FP. Or maybe it's like 5FP - instantly forgettable. When I first got CF 5FP doubled would have meant a lot to me. Also it gives daily coins and I already have more coins than the UI can display :). So like said above it would only be the diamonds, and they come mainly from GE

What you get is random, but then again, the same for everybody in the same age. Medals do not come in packages. If they did, you would be able to find them in your inventory. Fp's used to come in an 5 fp package, but not in SAM anymore. In SAM I get 10 that go straight to the bar.

As far as diamonds are concerend, in SAM I got about 2000 from the quests thanks to my CF.

I like my DT better the more I progress, because if I keep friends of people in lower eras, it's one way to make sure I can get goods across the range, without having the factories. You never know if you might want some earlier goods.

If you want earlier goods you trade down 1:1. Nothing easier than that. If you want to drop a GB, DT should be your first choice.

Emberguard

Because they changed the way FPs work in SAM for recurring quests. You get double the FPs but they go into bar instead of packs

By the time you reach SAM you’ve got guaranteed access to resources necessary to build the Arc. You also got an increase in FP expenditure for techtree

So why? You have the resources necessary to convert to packs if you want, and the increased expenditure to justify increased resource gains

IngeJones

Well the main drawback really is that as the prizes are random, it's only occasionally I even get these measly 10FPs, usually it's 13 goods (I get 300+ a day from my other buildings) or some coins that I already have untold of. Obviously if I leveled it up further that would increase, but that would be at the expense of levelling up my other more useful GBs such as traz, or cdm (which gives me more FP and every day, not just occasionally) or arc.

My entire strategy is based around my CF.

• I've got sufficient SoKs, Altars, etc. that I can do 23 "collect x coins" RQs every morning. In a few weeks I'll have sufficient 5-fp packs to rocket through EMA to the end of HMA, where I'll also be doing 20 "collect x supplies" and 10 "make 2 saltpeter" RQs. This doesn't even count the additional 40 "spend x coins and x supplies" RQs I do daily.
  • Because of my CF I'm rolling in goods and don't have to trade.
  • My CF is integral to my invulnerability to plunderers.
Utility of the CF depends entirely on how you play FoE.

IngeJones

Well as I said, it was valuable to me in lower ages, when I wasn't getting so much in anyway. I used to love it. It gave me extra military units when I didn't have a good level traz, and it gave me extra goods when I didn't have many SBs to do it and was trudging through loading up factories. Just these days it's not keeping up, comparatively.