• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Future events

The Lady Redneck

I think there are too many events now. It is almost as if INNO would rather forget about the actual game itself. It is a problematic inconvenience for them. I do not think their game developers can fathom out what to do to drive the FOE game itself forward. So they shove in more easily obtained bolt on type versions of kids games (I have no doubt we will get a Farm Frenzy or Roads to Rome look alike before long) I used to enjoy the events when there was more space between them. But now one just runs into the next and are becoming monotonous.

Sharmon the Impaler

Why do you think all the nag screens are there when an event comes up and you have to click on the annoyance just to shut it up. Inno knows that some of the events suck but they make money for some reason. Give us back FoE and stop being so lazy with the snap ins this is not the game , we want more core game not Candy Crush or whatever generic public domain module you decided to tweak to call your own.

UBERhelp1

Personally I would be fine with that, but every time Inno tries to do anything different of course the feedback Inno gets is that it's "junk". Even when it's a good building the feedback is always "make it better or I'm not building it". The current state of Event prizes is a reflection of what players have repeatedly asked for every time a Event is released
Then Inno needs to stick to their guns and say enough is enough. Players only want more FP, attack, etc, but that isn't what's good for the health of the game. Balancing has gotten out of hand, power creep is crazy, and at this point we need to start seeing some restraint or in another two years we'll start seeing double the problems we are now.

Sharmon the Impaler

Nag screens? once.. you get one time nag. Jeez you all have"The Princess and the Pea" syndrome.
any little irritant and you claim it is destroying the game? Get over yourselves. Please.
As for too many Events I already mentioned you can ( actually !! and really!! ) just ignore them!!!. I do, and it is just fine.
Are you so weak minded that you cannot just say no? LOL

And I would rather have more events (as now) then not, so I get to decide which ones I skip rather than have fewer and basically have Inno decide (and i guarantee it would be all the ones you hate get kept Knowing Inno,
Where do I say that the game is destroyed ? Its nag screens and it is annoying is about all I said , here just in case you didn't read it.

"Why do you think all the nag screens are there when an event comes up and you have to click on the annoyance just to shut it up. Inno knows that some of the events suck but they make money for some reason. Give us back FoE and stop being so lazy with the snap ins this is not the game , we want more core game not Candy Crush or whatever generic public domain module you decided to tweak to call your own. "

Sharmon the Impaler

The thing is, to actually DO anything meaningful with FOE The Game, the company would need to hire a developer/designer with a Gamers mindset that has a real interest in longer term strategy and war, instead of a pretty quick phone games for the mindless mindset. They are totally different species.
The latest events all look like they came out of an open source game SDK and the "sample code" was just tweaked. About as impressive as the "Hello World" event.

It is no problem to basically sit out an event.Why does anyone feel they have to do every event. just ignore it. Or do a few bits that seem interesting and don't bother finishing the quests. I do that. I skipped the last few ones to save up for this one. I worked hard on the Mountain reserve days. Ok by me (now) I tried to do the Sentinel and realized just not worth the bother (cost to high per item gained) so i gave up on that part.
For player who like the events, saying stop making so many Events??? why?? you're not require to play any of them LOL
I agree with this thought. I happen to think there are too many events so I don’t see any problem with skipping the ones that don’t interest you or that you don’t have time for. Players do that with other aspects of the game too, right? Not everyone fights in the PvP tower, or on the GvG map. Some players don’t spend a lot of time with GE.

RRach

There has been a lot of underwhelming event buildings recently. Maybe that is an inexorable consequence of advancement. I hardly look at anything now unless its got a similar profile to the Gov Villa / Eagle Mountain / Pirate Hideout. These Golden Orrery / Testicular Windmill / Animal Crossing etc buildings go straight to the AD.

Just An Observer

There has been a lot of underwhelming event buildings recently. Maybe that is an inexorable consequence of advancement. I hardly look at anything now unless its got a similar profile to the Gov Villa / Eagle Mountain / Pirate Hideout. These Golden Orrery / Testicular Windmill / Animal Crossing etc buildings go straight to the AD.
With me being in Prog, swapping out two WP2's for the Animal Crossing let me get more out of the same space.

RRach

Fair enough.

(I get a better bonus from 2xWPs than one Animal. Plus I hate the look of the Animal. I actually think is a pretty unattractive building)

Just An Observer

Fair enough.

(I get a better bonus from 2xWPs than one Animal. Plus I hate the look of the Animal. I actually think is a pretty unattractive building)
Animal Crossing does not even look like a building because it is an animal crossing...LOL! Some buildings see their values go up or down based on the era of the player. The two WP2's I stored will be back later though!

Ironrooster

Personally, I like the events and would like to see more of them. They liven up the game.
The more things there are to do in the game, the more interesting it is.

As others have noted, you don't have to play them all if you don't want to.

The Lady Redneck

I just do not see how adding a bunch of kids ease a little boredom type games to an Empire building strategy game makes much sense. They actually have nothing in common at all. I am quite capable of logging out of FoE and logging into Candy Crush, if I want to have a change. If INNO is having to add unrelated stuff to the game to ease peoples boredom, does that not tell them they are going in the wrong direction?

RazorbackPirate

I just do not see how adding a bunch of kids ease a little boredom type games to an Empire building strategy game makes much sense. They actually have nothing in common at all. I am quite capable of logging out of FoE and logging into Candy Crush, if I want to have a change. If INNO is having to add unrelated stuff to the game to ease peoples boredom, does that not tell them they are going in the wrong direction?
Yes. It would be so much better if we didn't have to do any of that. Just every few months get a full new whatever.

Since Inno will want us to do something for the reward, what do you suggest? What mini games would be in keeping with city building. Even negotiations are based on another game. What have you got?

The Lady Redneck

OK Brain storming session....

That would be up to the game designers. That is what they get paid to do. But maybe Events based on a traveling fairground where you have to gain so many points at one attraction before you win a prize, then you can move onto the next. Eventually gaining the grand prize if you do well enough. The fairground could have a different attractions to correspond to a range of ages/eras. That could work in with peoples wish for a building from lower ages. when the Event starts you would need to choose which age range you wanted.

Or an event based on time travel where you chose the Era you wished to go to. then complete era related tasks to gain resources. troops etc from that Era which gained you prizes that would help you battle for the final main prize. Troops would need to be particular to the Event and not those already available.

Or an Event actually based on constructing the main new building. the final version of which would be in keeping with the age/era you are in. Where you win a prize for each level you complete.

Just 3 off the top of my head that of course would need developed and worked on. Am sure we have others who are capable of better ideas. But it would take genuine game developers and programmers and not just people who bolt on a cheap mini game and tweak graphics as they see fit.

Your turn now RBP ??

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Your turn now RBP ??
Pass.

I think the events and mini games are fine the way they are. While I have preferences about which mechanisms I prefer, that's a personal preference. A preference that in the end matters little. Every event I get the main prize, most often also earning a second of the previous year's prize from daily specials. Plus FPs and the other goodies that are more fodder for the AD, all for free.

It's the end result I'm focused on, not the path I have to walk to get there. Having never played any of the games these mini games are based on, I don't mind dealing with them for a few weeks on my way to more free stuff.

Make it easy, make it free. They hit both points. No complaints.

The Lady Redneck

Having never played any of the games these mini games are based on, I don't mind dealing with them for a few weeks on my way to more free stuff.
I have played them, or at least the real versions of them with my grandkids. I am also having to walk to get to the end of the path. But am reaching a point where I am saying "come on INNO!!! I need more of a challenge on the journey. not just something an 8 yr old can do". Even the free stuff is not that much different than what has gone before. Have thought about it and I still enjoy playing the game and developing my 2 cities. Am fortunate enough to be in 2 good guilds with great people where we have fun as we progress. I just feel the path INNO is on is not a good one for FoE the Game. Can see it being sidelined even further in favor of cute events platform.

Last edited:

Loren1979

I like the assortment of event buildings we have right now and wouldn't mind if future buildings had no power creep at all (or at least for a long time). We could all stay busy filling up our cities with the nice building options we already have: Mountain reserve, SOs, & harvest fields for attack, Gentiana windmill & hippodrome for FP, Crow's nests for diamonds (I could handle a little power creep on diamonds), etc. I agree with UBERhelp1 and Ebeondi Asi on event frequency; better for people to be able to choose which events they want to participate in and sit out on the rest than to have people wishing they had more and losing interest. I think I like the shorter length as long as currency is adjusted to allow the same amount of DS.

Last edited: