• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

G.E points

anders16

How do people in my guild in G.E score more points than me when I'm farther than them? It's really annoying because then it seems like they did more then me when really they didn't. :rolleyes:

CommanderCool1234

Ebeondi is corecct, I would also like to add a good guild leader does not just look at the points and who is at the top but who is actually doing the most for the guild.

Johnny B. Goode

who is actually doing the most for the guild.
To amplify this part of the response, guild standings in a GE weekly tournament depends solely on % of encounters cleared. So even if you have contributed less points directly than higher age players, you may have contributed more indirectly if your number of encounters cleared enables your guild to take one of the top three spots. That's because the top three spots give a % boost to whatever total your guild earned that week.

Tytan the Great

What about when 2 players of the same age both did all 64 encounters, but their points are different? Does it have to do with the troops used? Lower age troops give lower points perhaps?

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

What about when 2 players of the same age both did all 64 encounters, but their points are different? Does it have to do with the troops used? Lower age troops give lower points perhaps?
When you attempt an encounter and fail, you still get a few points if you made any progress in it (killed enemy units or correctly guessed one or more negotiation items). So the player with more points could have actually failed a few times along the way to 64. Also, it has been stated by others that you get more points for negotiating than fighting. I can't personally attest to this being true, but if it is then the player with more points could have negotiated encounters more than the other player.

King Reaper VII

Yep, if you completed GE (64) in HMA you would be still behind someone in Saab who completed L1.
Example: Screenshot 2021-03-25 10.11.15 AM.jpg

Me: I am in HMA (Dark Knight 2021 is me)
Arbitis is in EMA, and he has completed the same amount of encounters but is about 1000 Ge points behind me

Johnny B. Goode

Does it have to do with the troops used? Lower age troops give lower points perhaps?
Looking at this again, it is an interesting question. I had never considered this in regards to GE Expedition Points, and I'll say up front that I don't have the definitive answer. Here is my thought on it: It is possible that it could have a small impact if you use lower age troops, but only if you sustain damage yourself in fighting a GE encounter.

The reason I say this is because of how battle points are determined. When figuring battle points, you get points based on the value of the units you kill, minus any damage you take. Higher age units generally have higher values than lower age units. If you take no damage in a battle, then the age of your units makes no difference to the battle points earned. However, if you take any damage then there would be fewer points deducted if you are using lower age units.

An example:
You attack with 8 Mounted Archers (EMA) worth 280 points each and kill 8 Armored Infantry (EMA) worth 230 each. If you do not take damage, you will receive 1,840* battle points. 230x8=1840. If you lose one Mounted Archer, however, you would receive 1,560 points. 1840-280=1560.
If you were to attack with 8 Archers (Iron Age) instead, they are worth 180 points each. You would still receive 1840 battle points if taking no damage, but if you lose one Archer you would receive 1,660 points. 1840-180=1660.

Does this difference in battle points translate to GE Expedition Points? That I do not know. Maybe, maybe not. Anyone care to test? (It would take two GE rounds, as you would have to fight the same exact encounter twice. You would also have to sustain the same amount of damage both times, once using lower age troops and once using current age troops. And you would have to win the encounter both times.)

*For purposes of simplicity I am ignoring the boost to battle points that you get from having an Enthusiastic population.