• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Galata Tower is a Waste of FP's and resources.....

PinkBoy

Have tower at level 64....repels almost NO ONE......plunder player with level 12, repels me 5, (now 6) days in a row.....WTH ?? (Heck !!!)

Last edited:

Gypsy Grace

FYI - when I go plundering, I make sure my target doesn't have a Galata placed before I strike. I will most likely win the battle, but the real fun is in gathering the goods. I don't want to take a chance of wasting my men should their Galata be effective.

The best defense against a plunder is to gather on time, but maybe your Galata is doing more for you than you think...it keeps you from being attacked in the first place.

Ebeondi Asi

Random chances. I threw away my GT as there is no use for any City defense besides "Collect on Time". PvP no need to have any defense either, since the loss is limited to five a day max.

reijoslav

It works when other people have it. It never works if I have it. ;)

I've tried to plunder someone who had Galata at level 6 -- my plunder attempt failed. I have Galata at lev 16, and I think I saw it repeling someone once.

But I still hope it'll work at higher levels, so I'm leveling it :)

PinkBoy

It works when other people have it. It never works if I have it. ;)

I've tried to plunder someone who had Galata at level 6 -- my plunder attempt failed. I have Galata at lev 16, and I think I saw it repeling someone once.

But I still hope it'll work at higher levels, so I'm leveling it :)
Don't bet on it.....Mine at level 65...I still get blocked more by lower levels then mine blocks.....but like the Redneck Lady said, it does generate a good amount of Goods.....

Jern2017

I don't know, I plunder regularly and the Galata's ability seems to activate quite often.

Based on some (admittedly limited) research on my end, the percentage chance on buildings in this game is always spot on.

Emberguard

Naturally it's going to be a lot more noticeable as a plunderer than the person being plundered. You have what? Somewhere around 60-80 neighbours? Even if only a quarter had galata's then that's 15-20 charges you have to go through daily. A Lvl 80 Galata only gives you 6 charges, while a Lvl 10 has 2 charges and you're unlikely to have enough people plundering you to be equal to you plundering the whole hood anyway

Karen Isaacsdottir

Have tower at level 64....repels almost NO ONE......plunder player with level 12, repels me 5, (now 6) days in a row.....WTH ?? (Heck !!!)
Perhaps the game algorithm thinks you don't need the repel if you've got that many resources? Sometimes the game does seem to have weirdness built in...

Kranyar the Mysterious

My GT has stopped all 3 plunder attempts on one of my Magnum Opus' this week. Did better than my one horseman at stopping their hovers, lol!

Seriously though, my GT seems to stop plunders at the correct rate, but I didn't build it for the plunder repel, but for the goods it makes (and the fact I got it leveled to 60+ for free on the first day it was available).

Kranyar the Mysterious

How did you get it leveled to 60+ for free on the 1st day?
I was first on my world to get it and make it available for others to get prints. A neighbor was first to build it, but was just a newbie and had no clue about what he had. I leveled him up 1 level immediately, then bought the rest of the prints with diamonds, and the feeding frenzy was on. It was probably the second most fun thing I've done in the game!