• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Galata tower

BigBrian614

I have 3 cities and each has a Galata tower level 12 or higher and never once has any of them repelled a plunder. Do they work? What level do you they have to be to work or they just a hoax? It is a decent goods building in a small footprint however, as a plunder repellant, they do not work. Has it helped any player from getting plundered?

Pickleweasel

They work. I had them work in the first couple of levels, but the percentage chance to repel being what it is, you shouldn't expect much out of it at low levels. One of mine worked this week that is level 28, another one worked the week before that is level 11.

The Lady Redneck

They do work. At least they work very well against me when I get a really nice long train to plunder :( LOL. In fact I seem to get stopped from plundering more often than I get protected from being plundered. And level does not appear to make that much difference. But I keep and am levelling mine for the goods it gives for such a small footprint.

wolfhoundtoo

I have 3 cities and each has a Galata tower level 12 or higher and never once has any of them repelled a plunder. Do they work? What level do you they have to be to work or they just a hoax? It is a decent goods building in a small footprint however, as a plunder repellant, they do not work. Has it helped any player from getting plundered?

Low chances means that they aren't likely to stop you from being plundered. How many times have you been plundered since you had it? Have you checked our town history to see if you get the message that it worked? You obviously won't see it in your city if something wasn't plundered and you likely only care when it fails.

Ebeondi Asi

I built the GT and then threw it away. No need what so ever. Collect on time is all i depend on. I threw away St Basil too. all those litle bits for City Defense tossed as well. IT would not make sense for new players who still depend on The Era Goods buildings, etc, but once a player is no longer dependent on having a lot of plunderable buildings, Collect on time solves any small chance of getting plundered.
The game is set up so even with 1000+ City defense many players will be able to beat that. So why bother? New players should just figure out stop rushing up through the Ages.
Rant over

Portia the Benevolent

Leveled at 15 and only 1-2 times has it repelled a plunderer. I rarely get plundered anyway. I kind of really want to dump it but at 3x3 with the double unrefined goods I’m not sure if I should just leave it. The footprint is so small. A 4x4 I’d dump in a heartbeat.

kennytoo

I think FoE is moving towards discouraging plundering. Today I was blocked from plundering like 10 times (around a 1/3 of my wins). Shame, but i guess a logical addition to the game

wolfhoundtoo

The percentage chance still favors the plunderer so i doubt you can say they are moving away from plundering. There are almost always more attack power options for an attacker than the defender so it's still much easier to attack then defend. They've just given options for people to try and limit plundering as there are lots of people who don't like that aspect and so this way Inno can provide them some means of preventing it (collecting on time isn't a means of preventing plundering although it is the best way to avoid it).

kennytoo

Most people dont plunder to begin with and as time goes on the GT will generally get higher in more people's cities. the result is fewer successful plunders In the past 2 days I have been blocked on like 15 plunders. Sooner or later I will give up plundering

wolfhoundtoo

That's your decision and solely on you. I notice you say 'like 15 times" (not a very accurate number) and don't tell us how many times you successfully plundered? And you might want to check out the rise of the chances to avoid plundering versus the cost of fps as they've spent plenty to get them that high.

SirScoof

The Galata Tower has totally ruined the attack/plunder dynamic of the game. If you have spent 4 years getting your attack up to 1750% and you are blocked from plundering a city 1/10th the size of yours by a level 10 Galata Tower, that is totally unrealistic and, as KennyToo said, above, it makes it practically worthless to try to plunder. Not to mention, it destroys any worth the Atlantis Museum might have once had. Inno needs to nerf the defense chance of the Galata Tower based on the defender's defense value vs. the attackers attack value, or introduce some mean of offsetting the GTs chance of blocking the plunder.

Note: And I have said this before, introduce a new GB... the Trojan Horse, that would have an increasing chance of bypassing the enemies Galata Tower defenses with each level you add to it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The Galata Tower has totally ruined the attack/plunder dynamic of the game.
Plundering is soooo 2019... ;)

you have spent 4 years getting your attack up to 1750% and you are blocked from plundering a city 1/10th the size of yours
Might have had some sympathy if you had said plundering the building of someone equal or higher than you, but you lost it by indicating you plunder the weakest players.

Ebeondi Asi

High level players have all figured out "Collect on Time .LOL
Plus high level players usually don't have very many building that are good to plunder.
And the lowest level players in a Hood deserve(?) to be Plundered since they leveled up through the Eras way too fast. (Players with under one million points in Oceanic???)
I attack the bottom of the Hood and hope they get some sort of message.. Hah hah. (I Like Hazing them I guess. )
(I don't Plunder though, Nothing I need from them.)

BigBrian614

Low chances means that they aren't likely to stop you from being plundered. How many times have you been plundered since you had it? Have you checked our town history to see if you get the message that it worked? You obviously won't see it in your city if something wasn't plundered and you likely only care when it fails.
It is not like I get attacked daily and when I do get attacked, I don't usually have anything to plunder because I try to collect daily and on time. Every now and then real life doesn't permit me to collect on time. SO Yes, I am aware when it doesn't work which was the reason for my question.

wolfhoundtoo

It is not like I get attacked daily and when I do get attacked, I don't usually have anything to plunder because I try to collect daily and on time. Every now and then real life doesn't permit me to collect on time. SO Yes, I am aware when it doesn't work which was the reason for my question.

And the point of my response was to explain that you didn't have an accurate idea (or at least didn't include in your post nor the follow up ones) of how many times the GT actually worked to stop plundering because you only notice when it doesn't stop you from being plundered. The 2nd point was to point out that you no doubt have an unrealistic expectation of how effective the GT is as you have to get the GT to around level 80 I believe for it to have a 50% chance of preventing a plunder attempt.

SirScoof

Plundering is soooo 2019... ;)

Might have had some sympathy if you had said plundering the building of someone equal or higher than you, but you lost it by indicating you plunder the weakest players.

It is not about "sympathy" low level players. It is about the attack/defense logic of the game. And, for the record, anyone that plunders tries to plunder EVERYONE in their hood.

The Lady Redneck

I do not plunder as often as I used to. And not because of the GT. It is purely a time thing. I would rather spend some of my game time searching the hood for good snipes. But when I do plunder it is usually someone in the hood that is in an enemy guild, or to plunder someone who has tried to plunder me.