• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game Freeze

Saladene

10 weeks ago I bought a new HP stream laptop. Running windows 10 and using edge as browser. I have not downloaded any other browser nor downloaded anything of any type except dropbox and 1 picture 7 weeks ago. I am not using the html version of foe, nor have I tried it. All other aspects of my laptop are performing fine.. including any browsing on the internet.

foe has run smoothly since I bought laptop until 3 days ago. I noticed game freezing when attempting to visit taverns. Reloaded page, and game worked fine. Yesterday, the freeze occurred more often and while doing more actions. Examples: 1) freeze after clicking an incident 2) more frequent freezes from visiting taverns. 3) clicking on any gb. 4) entering ge. Today it has become worse. All the previous issues are occurring more frequently (every minute or two.. or every 4-5 taverns visited I get freeze) Now game is freezing while collecting from any building. Not every time, but enough that is throwing off timing on everything due to having to reload over and over. Also, now entering battles and during battles I get freeze. To get through one simple ge battle, I have to reload game 2-4 times.

I cleared my cache which did not help nor fix any of the issues. I am not sure what else to try. Anyone else having these issues? Anyone have ideas as to what is going on ? ty

Last edited:

Saladene

I have refreshed browser (soft and hard), cleared cache, my browser is up to date, my flash player is up to date, deleted cookies, disabling scripts not applicable, log out, log in , restarted laptop. None of those changed/fixed issue. Do not have a diff computer nor internet connection to try, .. I would need the exact same computer to attempt replicating the issues - not going to go buy another laptop just for this.

Only suggestion on the list from the "Please read before posting bugs..." that I have not tried is disabling firewall and antivirus. I am not comfortable doing this..

I am playing on East-Nagach in US ( not sure what world, but web address is us5.forgeofempires.com. I have Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0. Description of issues listed above. Issues occur at any and all times of day and night. I have searched foe forums for similar issue - none found.

1.135.644da79e70 (19.09.2018 11:01), Saladene (13588381), us5, en_US, WIN 31,0,0,108, Windows 10, MSIE 17.17134, 1366x651, DirectX11 (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

ty for any help

Last edited:

Saladene

When I first posted these issues, I did a pretty extensive search of these forums. I did not find any posts with freeze issues and using edge browser (ie explorer). I have not tried html client since in-game settings specifically state that it is not compatable w/ ie explorer.

I have now done extensive scans using Malwareby. All scans found absolutely nothing wrong. I am not sure what else to try. I am also wondering why nobody from foe has at least responded to my bug report. Due to the constant freezing, the game is becoming nearly impossible to play. Will move on to another game very soon if no resolve is found. Please advise. ty

Saladene

Not that anyone here cares (shown by no responses), I reset my modem. Somehow, that seems to have removed foe freezing. Hope game continues to function (not freeze).

spnnr

Great -glad to hear it. I was also waiting for some sort of technical response but I guess that's only gotten from support these days.

DeletedUser25795

Edge is terrible browser for this game from my own experiences. Firefox didn't like Flash (not tried Firefox and HTML). I use Chrome with the flash version (HTML very buggy with Chrome). Some suggest other browsers like Opera and some others (forgot their names)

Try Chrome and Flash version see if that works for you.