• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game is getting to hard to play and a waste of time???????

DeletedUser29241

I tell you I am ready to quiet this game. I can't beat the area I am in. My ass getss handed to me every time and I loose with in two rounds of battle I loose all and I am done until I can rebuild again. I use boost, I never can get past round two in GE in all this time I have played, The game is getting stupidly hard to play. When I was the level some of the people in my neighborhood I did not have postmodern equipment but they do and drives me nuts I worked hard to get to the level I am at and am not bugging any the past two weeks. So now I have to think is it worth my time to continue if they don't lighten up some. I mean come on even my post modern pieces get wiped out from modern and colonel troops that is a bit much. So I will think if I want to wast time anymore if the game likes to cheat me out of things in GE and still my goods to get anywhere and my diamonds and I get nothing much in return except for being angry at the game. Even when I buy boost they don't work. when I pit against another piece I loose more points than the other piece. I end up in hard neighborhoods and get my butt handed to me. The game makers NEED TO NOT MAKE IT SO HARD. My vote in social media to folks when I am asked if they should play my answer is becoming more and more is NO it is not worth it when the game is this hard to play. So what gives why is it so hard and why are the rules changing in the game? One more thing if they expect me to use my credit card to get things done LET IT BE UNDERSTOOD I WILL NOT DO SO! The game likes to make ti harder and harder on me so yes I am pisted off about it.

DeletedUser31592

The game isn't hard- really it isn't- it is pathetically easy now that we have continual events, Daily Challenges, GE, and other stuff. If you think it is hard, you should have played back when none of that existed.

So, instead of ranting, why not ask for help?
I already pulled your stats. You have three GBs listed- level 5 OBS, level 13 SBC, and level 13 Zeus. I pulled your city on the planner and see you have more. The fact that they are on the planner but not on the database means they are are below level 4. (Planner shows a CdM and CoA both at level 2) Build those up. They are a waste of space at a low level.

Get rid of random set pieces. Unless you have the full set, they aren't worth it. Also get rid of low level event buildings (like the level 3 Grand Bridge). They aren't worth it until you get the maxed, or very close to it. No happiness GB. Get one so you can kill all of the decos and cultural buildings. (Or since it looks like your people aren't happy anyway, stop wasting space with them.)

There is a lot you can do to improve the efficiency. Instead of throwing a tantrum, try asking.

Freshmeboy

Lot of different strats and play styles in the game but these guys all hit the mark...You went up too fast in age. You don't have the strength to compete against ensconced players in your age and climbing higher just makes it worse. If you do RCs you can avoid goods buildings and slowly build your power. Focus on unplunderable fp producing buildings that require motivation and keep your friends list up to date and active. Aid daily...really such a small thing but, oh, so important. Players that plunder tend to be in the minority but leaving low hanging fruit for even the most casual of attackers is asking too much. Clean up your city and consolidate those items that streamline production for DCs and RQs..the meat and potatoes of the game. GE almost requires rogue hideouts...GET THEM, USE THEM...then kick the ever-lovin' hell out of GE. Build a temple for GE to increase rewards. And lastly, probably most importantly, build fp inventory packs by sniping and swapping in GBs. Remember, taking a loss on a contribution is OK if the fps are CITY CREATED, ie. turn the points on your bar into points in your inventory. Good luck

DeletedUser26965

I use boost
Get more boost and AO and Kraken and Rogues and learn fighting, simple as that. As far as PvP goes you have to understand the structure doesn't account for anything but tech so you'll end up in hoods with people who have been camping in that age for years that built up crazy high a/d bonus, city defense and units from higher ages, you'll never compete with that mouse wheel race so do the best you can with what you're comfortable with in advancing in age. GE and the Cmap will continually get more difficult to fight as you advance in age so you got to get your boost up more to compensate.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Expeditions

Agent327

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get sloppy responses try to ignore it

DeletedUser26965

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get sloppy responses try to ignore it
I like how you stole my list and then alter the last part as a dig on me, you really just need to go away.

Salsuero

Getting hard to play is a waste of time? Isn't a game supposed to get harder to play? The more time you invest, the easier it gets... until it gets harder and you have to rinse and repeat. The title of this thread is pretty absurd.

Triopoly Champion

The game makers NEED TO NOT MAKE IT SO HARD. My vote in social media to folks when I am asked if they should play my answer is becoming more and more is NO it is not worth it when the game is this hard to play. So what gives why is it so hard and why are the rules changing in the game? One more thing if they expect me to use my credit card to get things done LET IT BE UNDERSTOOD I WILL NOT DO SO! The game likes to make ti harder and harder on me so yes I am pisted off about it.
Bring Zeus, CoA and CdM up to level 10s will certainly help. If you can get the "TerraCotta Army" GB by chance, there will be another 20% boosts there. My Colonial troops have wiped out the Industrial defenders of my several neighbors recently.

- KQ -

I tell you I am ready to quiet this game.

There's a mute button in the lower left corner on the PC game. I use the volume switch on my phone to make it quiet when I'm gaming. ;)

The game makers NEED TO NOT MAKE IT SO HARD. My vote in social media to folks when I am asked if they should play my answer is becoming more and more is NO it is not worth it when the game is this hard to play. So what gives why is it so hard and why are the rules changing in the game? One more thing if they expect me to use my credit card to get things done LET IT BE UNDERSTOOD I WILL NOT DO SO! The game likes to make ti harder and harder on me so yes I am pisted off about it.

This game has gotten easier and easier over the two and a half years I've played it. More ways to get buildings, forge points, diamonds and nearly any other type of reward. I won a Rogue Hideout in a Daily Challenge the other day. It used to be they were available in a couple of events per year. Oh and events where you can win stuff...There are a whole lot more of them than there used to be.

For most of us this game is about being the best we can be, where we are at any given time. We're not rushing to the end of the game or the latest era. Stop and smell the virtual flowers around your city.

Edit spelling

Last edited:

DeletedUser26965

this is a game of patience
That is certainly true and I would add it's a deceptively simplistic game yet over two years in and I still learn little things here and there to this day. I'd add though that aside from mainly PvP and GE concerns there aren't really any benefits I can think of for camping as it's been know to be called. I liked moving up quickly mainly for the space and to be of more of a versatile value to my guild. Having alt worlds is nice to take your time to experience the ages and fighting at a slow pace to "smell the roses" so to speak.

Salsuero

there aren't really any benefits I can think of for camping

For you and your play style, there may very well be no more benefits than those you mentioned. Others may have reasons of their own to see benefits. Building up your GBs before you advance is certainly one that gets a lot of mention. Building up resources (goods, forge points, coins, supplies) is another one. There are also benefits in learning how the game works at lower, less costly ages before charging into dangerous and expensive ages without knowing what you're getting into. Some may camp for longer than others. But this guy apparently did the opposite... and if it's between what he did and a long, slow camp... I think he would've been less frustrated by the latter.

DeletedUser26965

For you and your play style
Actually I mentioned "...to be of more of a versatile value to my guild...", it really had more to do with that than anything as I'm more of a guild player on my main but a solo player on my alt worlds. An area where both styles merge is players in FE who camp to get FE goods for GvG but that should change some now that VF gives goods from regular goods GB's. This guy's main problem seems to be that he overvalued attack/defense bonus so that's what I told him, get more of it, etc. You don't necessarily have to camp to do that though as it'll just happen naturally as your spending fp's on GB's rather than tech.