• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Game is losing my attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am losing interest in the game due to its boring repetitive nature and lack of new incentives that would keep my interest.

I started playing the game about 3 years ago and though I started well behind players with many more years playing than I have, I have reached #492 player status. I have done all worlds and all quests (have now finished Venus), so there is nothing new to play for. I am looking for Jupiter to start and that will likely keep my attention for a while.

The problem lies in the fact that I now have more coins, more supplies, more products and more medals than I will ever need and there is nothing left in the game that I can shoot for that will keep my interest. I am now getting over 400 forge points every day and have to give them away and receive really nothing in return other than more forge points, more medals and more blueprints that just give me more of what I already have too much off. The same case occurs in the battle grounds.

It is all about getting more of things I have no need for anymore. There is nothing new to achieve. Nothing to keep my interest in coming back to the game every day to achieve something not achieved before.

I do not have any interest in starting a new world from scratch as I have already done that before and doing it again is not something that draws me.

I suggest you guys come up with some new stuff that gives some new rewards that are not available now. Coins, supplies, medals, forge points are not going to do it for me.

Pericles the Lion

It is all about getting more of things I have no need for anymore. There is nothing new to achieve. Nothing to keep my interest in coming back to the game every day to achieve something not achieved before.
IMO, you raced to SAV leaving a lot of boxes unchecked along the way. Maybe set a goal of getting your ARC from 46 to 80? To 100? Perhaps rise in ranking from #492 to #100? Just a couple of my thoughts.

Darkest.Knight

The game has never been like a first-person shooter game, just generally slow and can't just play more to speed up; buying diamonds is the only way. I've managed to keep my interest by continually changing my town; removed the GB's that r no longer useful, still working on getting the best buildings. I've made it to position 232 and my progress is getting quicker. I've only recently lvl'd up my attack GB's so I'm doing more fights now. Excess coins r useless so I buy 120 every day; lvl'd up SMB and added other buffs, at 1175% coin boost and make almost 300M/day. It will still take me quite a while before I can c if my planning early on was correct, so far, it's going as expected. Slowly moving closer to my projected 2000 fps/day, around 1500/day now.

Good luck, maybe u'll c something that keeps your interest going.

Ebeondi Asi

I would say change what you focus on. There are endless possibilities in the game once you stop focusing on just your own growth. Helping oher players in a Guild is an entire other way to play. One thing that really helps grow others in a guild is 1.9 type threads where the senior players offer 1.92 or 1.95 and even 2.0 on Guildies GreatBuildings. After three years I would think getting a 180 Arc could be a new challenge. And generally to do it you need a lot of other support from high level arcs. So that is a whole other ballgame to consider in Foe. And it can be very satisfying too.

I would say change what you focus on. There are endless possibilities in the game once you stop focusing on just your own growth. Helping oher players in a Guild is an entire other way to play. One thing that really helps grow others in a guild is 1.9 type threads where the senior players offer 1.92 or 1.95 and even 2.0 on Guildies GreatBuildings. After three years I would think getting a 180 Arc could be a new challenge. And generally to do it you need a lot of other support from high level arcs. So that is a whole other ballgame to consider in Foe. And it can be very satisfying too.
I help my guild members all the time. I contribute all my forge points to their buildings. I always do the Guild Expedition to the last level so we (as a guild) advance. I communicate with them to solve problems when somone asks. I buy up their goods needs as much as my attention to it is there. Reaching a higher level than #492 would require me to spend more time doing the same things more and that is ridiculous as moving up 50 or 100 members does not mean anything as there is nothing that would get me that is new.

I do believe that the builders of the game have to come up with something that is new and that accomplishes new goals. Starting a new world is something that catches the attention but then again after about 3 months, the world has been won and it is back to the same old things.

As far as new buildings etc.............I already have everything every new world offers. For example, for supplies I already have 9 buildings from the Venus age in place. I have no coin buildings whatsoever and yet I already have 6.4 "B"illion coins.

You definitely raced to SAV , I am #70 in Q and I just got to SAV and I was going fairly fast.
I originally got involved in the game as a challenge to do the best I could in the game. It wasn't to spend time with other people or to just have something to do. I went after every goal possible as challenge and going from world to world and winning was a challenge I was happy to take on. At first, there was always other worlds ready to get into. Now, and having reached the last world, waiting 9-12 months for a new world to pop up is frustrating and the game offers no new challenges. Even with battles, it is all now done automatically as I have enough soldiers to lose 4-5 per battle and still have "too many soldiers". In Venus, the best weapn/soldier is the energy cannon. I have 2900 of them and every day I get 35 more through Alcatraz. Negotiate a battle? Sure, I may lose anywhere from 9-30 weapons negotiating but I haveover 60,000 of each good.

And while you're at it, maybe offer solutions to the problem, Not just a list of your problems!
Solutions? heck yes, come up with something new. Coins, supplies, Medals and forge points and no longer a draw to get. Come up with a new good, a new currency, a new thing (other than medals and forge points) that gets you something no other player (other than those in that same world) can get. A new goal that can be achieved that has nothing to do with the time played in the game. For example, the #1 player in the game has accomplished being #1 just because he has played the game longer than anyone else. There is no way I can get to #1 no matter what I do. As such, come up with something that even new players can shoot for that is achievable and not because of time but because ofmtalent or dedication every day.

wolfhoundtoo

No what you need is a new game. You can't expect a radical departure from what the game is simply because you want to keep playing and don't want to come up with (or can't come up with) some goal to work towards. As others have said sometimes it is GB, sometimes it's moving up in the rankings, sometimes it is helping to develop guildmates, sometimes it's helping new players understand the game, sometimes it's something else.

If you are bored take a break and come back. See if that helps. If not well that's why there are other games. There is a reason why the life cycle for many games involve turn over (that is why this game has so many prizes that new players value more than older players since they don't have them yet).

Ebeondi Asi

Players have stopped playing and abandoned the Game. then players changed their mind and returned. As long as you remember which World, have your log in email and password and remember your game name, you can return. i woud suggest disconnect your city hall from all buildings. drop out of any Guild you may have been in (unless it is you alone, if you alone keep it to save your Treasury) then just walk away. As far as I have seen, Inno will not delete your city. it can sit for a year.. and you can come back and get right back into it.
Now it is possible Inno can change the way they handle it. and you might lose your city. (particularly if you lose that email address you will be unable to return) but so far it seems OK.

Johnny B. Goode

I went after every goal possible as challenge and going from world to world and winning was a challenge I was happy to take on.
I hate to break it to you, but ranking 492nd isn't winning. It's losing to 491 other players on that world.
For example, the #1 player in the game has accomplished being #1 just because he has played the game longer than anyone else.
That is patently false and a pathetic excuse. If winning was your chosen challenge, as you state, then you've failed.
the game offers no new challenges.
Just the same challenge that you are 491 spots away from even trying to claim as accomplished.
There is no way I can get to #1 no matter what I do.
So because you're giving up on your stated goal of "winning", you want the developers to completely change the game. Wow.
come up with something that even new players can shoot for that is achievable and not because of time but because ofmtalent or dedication every day.
So you've gotten to the "end" of the game and you want a new challenge...but something that is achievable for new players. Double Wow.

You know, Forum regulars rarely have the same view on any given topic, but I'm willing to bet we all have pretty much the same view on your whining.

Even with battles, it is all now done automatically as I have enough soldiers to lose 4-5 per battle and still have "too many soldiers". In Venus, the best weapn/soldier is the energy cannon. I have 2900 of them and every day I get 35 more through Alcatraz.
I don't know what level your Traz is at, but a level 80 gives 78 troops per day. Which means that losing 4-5 troops per battle would have your army shrinking after the 16th-19th battle. Apparently math isn't your strong suit. And having 2900 energy cannons isn't very impressive. I'm in FE on my main world and I have over 3300 Hovers with only a level 60 Traz. Probably because I don't throw them away on auto battle.

Sharmon the Impaler

I hate to break it to you, but ranking 492nd isn't winning. It's losing to 491 other players on that world.

That is patently false and a pathetic excuse. If winning was your chosen challenge, as you state, then you've failed.

Just the same challenge that you are 491 spots away from even trying to claim as accomplished.

So because you're giving up on your stated goal of "winning", you want the developers to completely change the game. Wow.

So you've gotten to the "end" of the game and you want a new challenge...but something that is achievable for new players. Double Wow.

You know, Forum regulars rarely have the same view on any given topic, but I'm willing to bet we all have pretty much the same view on your whining.

I don't know what level your Traz is at, but a level 80 gives 78 troops per day. Which means that losing 4-5 troops per battle would have your army shrinking after the 16th-19th battle. Apparently math isn't your strong suit. And having 2900 energy cannons isn't very impressive. I'm in FE on my main world and I have over 3300 Hovers with only a level 60 Traz. Probably because I don't throw them away on auto battle.

JBG can be annoying af but I gotta say he nailed this response. Power Dragons are the go to units in SAV btw not Energy Cannons

Though I respect your opinion, you are addressing my "whining' Totally wrong. I am "whining" because the game has no challenges "for me" left. I already dedicate almost 1/4 of my day playing the game (which evidently you do not respect). I spend about $100 every 2 months on the game (which is money I have no desire to throw away on doing something that doesn't fulfill me anymore), which by the way is also something you don't respect. I have played much fewer years than almost all the players ahead of me and have accomplished reaching the last level and obtaining just about everything obtainable in the game (which many have not done). In addition, this is not about what you (and others) want to accomplish but what I want to accomplish. It is my money and my time. You guys don't pay for me to play, I pay to play the game and therefore I have as much right to play the game to my liking as you do.

My recommendations on the changes that I believe should be made is what any service company requests as they are not here to do what they want but do what clients want and "will pay for in order to put our money into their pockets" .

When you say that "forum regulars" have the same view as you do, you don't know that for a fact but I doubt it. I have already gotten quite a few "likes" on my post and so far YOU are the only one that has been critical and in a disrespectul way. None of my posts have been disrespectful of anyone.

Your post does absolutely nothing to make the game better for all of us. You post is that of a person that is willing to let others tell you what to do, how to do it, and also have to pay others for the pleasure of having them do it to you.

Have a great time being a lap dog.

. FYI, I am 76 years old and have been very successful in life accomplishing goals and objectives (more so than probably most people). I know what I am talking about and it isn't "whining" but trying to make things better for all. Nothing I have said will make the game worse for anyone, but better for everyone.

Last edited:

Agent327

As far as new buildings etc.............I already have everything every new world offers. For example, for supplies I already have 9 buildings from the Venus age in place.

Congratulations. I doubt there are many players in SAV that can say the same.

You my think you have reached the end, but looking at your city there are so many things to optimize, that it will keep you busy for the next couple of years.

No what you need is a new game. You can't expect a radical departure from what the game is simply because you want to keep playing and don't want to come up with (or can't come up with) some goal to work towards. As others have said sometimes it is GB, sometimes it's moving up in the rankings, sometimes it is helping to develop guildmates, sometimes it's helping new players understand the game, sometimes it's something else.

If you are bored take a break and come back. See if that helps. If not well that's why there are other games. There is a reason why th games involve turn over (that is why this game has so many prizes that new players value more than older players since they don't have them yet).
Your reply is a good reply as it makes common sense. Nonetheless, I have looking into other games and so far I have not found a better game than this one, or at least not one that I interested me as much. My "whining" (as a few people have accused me of doing) is not what I am trying to do. As you stated, I could simply go to another game or take a rest. My intention is to give the people in charge of this game some reason to try something new. I was looking yesterday at the new Jupiter world that is due out in the next 2-4 months and one of the comments on the video that I saw about it, is that it is the "same thing" as with the last few worlds but with the same changes (weapons, buildings, technology). There are no new goals other than to finish the world. Coins, supplies, medals, and forge points remain exactly the same. I already have so many of those that getting more is useless.

Let's shoot to get a new technology that allows to get a new product that allows to obtain new goals. A product that is not available in other worlds and that gets you to a new place that you have to get to Jupiter to get. Coins, supplies, medals and forge points are available in every single world and gives no pressing reason to move from world to world. Right now and other than getting new technology at a higher rate that gets you all of those at a higher rate, there is no reason to finish a world. There should be something truly different in each world that is not available in the previous world

Status
Not open for further replies.