Gateway error code

Snowbelle

Hello,

We are currently aware of what is happening with the game, currently, and players being unable to sign in. The developers have been made aware, and are working as fast as they can to resolve this. If you are having issues getting on, please clear your cache, and try changing browsers. Please try logging on every 5 minutes. Thank you for your understanding.

Lucifer1904

I manually went to us0.forgeofempires.com/page/
It did not come up with the error but is not loading the login option.

BruteForceAttack

Hello,

We are currently aware of what is happening with the game, currently, and players being unable to sign in. The developers have been made aware, and are working as fast as they can to resolve this. If you are having issues getting on, please clear your cache, and try changing browsers. Please try logging on every 5 minutes. Thank you for your understanding.
Some are able to get thru are whilst others are not, means GVG is total mess.

damjr3

what about standing on our head after spinning around 3 times? do you think that will help?

9iner

The first game ever that requires you to clear your cache, stand on 1 leg and change between 15 browsers just to play.

Mucka Smash

We are working as fast as we can everyone. I know this is frustrating.
If you believe we the people are still simply frustrated after a year of lag issues, being repeatedly told like children to change browsers and clear our cache every 5 minutes, and the last couple days of complete downtime ... well, I don't think you completely grasp the mob's mood.

And really ... change effing browsers and clear our cache to fix this? As if this is a user created issue ...

Mucka Smash

If you are having issues getting on, please clear your cache, and try changing browsers.
Perhaps the least helpful thing I have ever read on here ... it is actually downright insulting. We get it ... the problems with this game are not the result of Inno ... it is us, the users ...

Chronick

Mobile works so the server is not down, we just can't connect to it via browser. What would cause that?

DeeezNuhtz

Can you check the power cord? Is it plugged in? Do you see a green light on the front of your computer?
Please close all programs. Restart your browser.
Clear your cache (causing you all THAT pain and suffering).
Try a different browser.
Okay. Soft reboot. Repeat all of the above.
Okay. Hard reboot. Repeat all of the above.
Huh. Let me talk to someone who might have a clue.
New person: Can you check the power cord? ...

Snowbelle

If you are able please try to sign in, it may take it longer then normal to load.

I completely understand the frustration of this happening. Please keep in mind when dealing with any Support or Forum staff, We too are players first.

GodofAcid

Can you check the power cord? Is it plugged in? Do you see a green light on the front of your computer?
Please close all programs. Restart your browser.
Clear your cache (causing you all THAT pain and suffering).
Try a different browser.
Okay. Soft reboot. Repeat all of the above.
Okay. Hard reboot. Repeat all of the above.
Huh. Let me talk to someone who might have a clue.
New person: Can you check the power cord? ...
I think we were separated at birth. Anyone who's heard me on TS knows this is my go-to routine :)

GodofAcid

Now I'm going to go before I lose my temper with Snowbelle, because I've not forgotten how she handled a particular ticket of mine in the past. Wish everyone the best, hope to see many of you in game soon.

damjr3

Anyone with common sense should know that yes snowbelle you are a player as well and you are feeding us just a company line and thats to be expected, i think what most here want is a explanation from an actual developer or someone more official as to why this keeps happening, it is screwing alot of ppl and this game's customer service..well i have seen bathroom graffiti that was more entertaining and helpful

Grayhorse1

OK, I am finally in, only took me 6 hrs to get in. I am using Chrome. Not that it matters, because my treasure hunt is sadly at the beginning again. Ugh, and all the resources I lost, oh well. Good thing its a game and not real life.

Panacea

Staff Members
Community Manager
We are truly sorry this is occurring and a resolution to this is being worked on even as we speak. We will have it back up and running as soon as possible. We understand it is frustrating for all players.