• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GB dilemma

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date

DeletedUser40061

i already have these GB's unlocked and ready to construct but at a high cost..

ToB
LoA
Hagia
CoA
ToR

iam focusing on one of em, ToR. i really want to build at least one of them if not ToR...as long as it benefits me in terms of resources needed to progress in game. it will be a long road to traverse before i actually see that one GB finally built..however, seeing how much FP is needed just to get to lvl 1 for ToR and the amount of goods needed...is ToR really worth it? what about the others? one choice is all i have. which GB will it be hmm

Vger

LoA is better than ToB. I have both, but I will probably delete ToB someday. The population boost becomes meaningless after a while. The production boost form LoA does not.

Hagia - Just too big, and if you don't have the FPs to kick it up several levels, it doesn't produce enough FPs to justify the space. Put up some SoKs and the most efficient happiness buildings (and roads!) you can get to keep up the enthusiasm.

CoA - One of the essential GBs for fighters. I prefer CDM over CoA (but have both). The FPs from CDM beat the crud out of the coins from CoA. But harder to get the prints and goods, and not on your list, so not an option yet.

ToR - How much of GE are you finishing each week? ToR provides a pretty good kick even at lower levels, assuming you do enough encounters to get several relics most weeks. Some of the relics give you crud. But some are sweet and can give your city a quick boost.

I guess for me the choice would come down to ToB or ToR first, and I would likely go with ToB.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I've deleted my ToB and LoA on several worlds, including Iron Age camped worlds, I just outgrew them. They were very useful while until my city developed though.

If you need to get rid of houses for space and need the population, ToB isn't bad for awhile. You may need to replace your coin supply, and CoA or the Chateau are both good for that.

LoA is really only good if you don't have a Himeji Castle, once you have that, the supplies LoA provides are peanuts in comparison.

Hagia is way down on my list of great buildings to construct because of it's size. That leaves ToR and CoA. You probably need both of those.

CoA is much smaller and helps your attack which is supremely important. It is one the the main Triad of Attack - Statue of Zeus, Castel del Monte, and CoA. I always build them in that order and get them all to level 10 asap.

ToR only helps with GE rewards. If you do most of GE every week then it is definitely worth having, otherwise it is a lot of space for a few relics.

BruteForceAttack

i already have these GB's unlocked and ready to construct but at a high cost..

ToB
LoA
Hagia
CoA
ToR

iam focusing on one of em, ToR. i really want to build at least one of them if not ToR...as long as it benefits me in terms of resources needed to progress in game. it will be a long road to traverse before i actually see that one GB finally built..however, seeing how much FP is needed just to get to lvl 1 for ToR and the amount of goods needed...is ToR really worth it? what about the others? one choice is all i have. which GB will it be hmm

It all depends upon your goal, so what is your goal in this world...maybe even shorterm goal?

generally speaking i'd have LoA/SMB first than any other gb...however depending on what you are trying to do it may differ.

Lancer

I would have to agree with @BruteForceAttack, my first GBs to be constructed are Zeus, LoA, and SMB. That way I get a good jump on having something for Attack Bonus, Good production, and also coin/supply increase bonus. Then I would get on ToR so that I can begin to benefit even more from GE.

DeletedUser40061

I try avoid fighting whenever i get the chance. Amazingly i was able to grab a lot of sectors in c map by trading. And in GE, i try negociate my way past each spot. Hmm thx for the feedback. I m going to leave out ToB as it is from bronze age and would look ridiculously out of place in my thriving productive city lol

Jern2017

I try avoid fighting whenever i get the chance. Amazingly i was able to grab a lot of sectors in c map by trading. And in GE, i try negociate my way past each spot. Hmm thx for the feedback. I m going to leave out ToB as it is from bronze age and would look ridiculously out of place in my thriving productive city lol

The ToB at a decent level, being that it's only 4x4 in size, was a great goods producer for me when I used to negotiate instead of fight.

DeletedUser28147

What age are you in? My new city on Houndsmoor is still in bronze, I have a Level 9 TOB and it's doing a lot for me. It really just depends on where you are, what you need and how fast you age up.

DeletedUser40061

Iam aging fast...maybe too fast! Not thinking about lvling all my GBs in waiting...well since got LoA built..this is a turning point for me..im going to slow down as i ease into LMA. I want to concentrate on LoA more than research map...can i stick to goal that is the question

ODragon

At this point in my game (indy), LoA supply boost is useless due to HC. ToB also useless for pop although, decent goods producer for its size, especially later on in the game.

ToR is great for early big FPs and with the antiques house, the crap buildings have more value.

While you dont mention it, soz is worth the size even if you dont fight much. L10 is relatively cheap and good for GE and daily/event quests.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28147

Iam aging fast...maybe too fast! Not thinking about lvling all my GBs in waiting...well since got LoA built..this is a turning point for me..im going to slow down as i ease into LMA. I want to concentrate on LoA more than research map...can i stick to goal that is the question
If you age up to fast you're going to end up getting stuck or you're going to try and get through an event and not be able to because of where you're at or both as I had happen to me on Mount Killmore. Now I'm seriously considering turning that one into a diamond/GE farm.

DeletedUser40061

After supercat revealed to me how big ToR is, 6x6...that prompted me to shift focus on building observatory or, another GB that is less in size than torry. Real estate is expensive.

ODragon

Skip the obs for now. It is good for your guild but doesn't help you. Wait a bit until you can afford space that doesnt actively give you anything in return.

Lancer

Skip the obs for now. It is good for your guild but doesn't help you.

Yeah, I would have to agree to skip the OBS. It is really only really relevant to up-and- coming and new guilds. Otherwise, if it's not a need don't build it.

Jern2017

I never built the Observatory. I've been a member of some high ranked GVG guilds and while it was recommended to get one, it was never enforced.

Vger

Skip the obs for now. It is good for your guild but doesn't help you.
Another vote for skip the obs. With arcs becoming so common, the effort required to build an obs and level it up enough for it to really help your guild really isn't worth it anymore.
How is your guild doing for goods in your age and 1 age behind? Obs only makes sense if they are struggling to get them. I'll bet they are not. Donate a few goods each week to pay your way if you feel the need. It will cost you less than an obs, and you can concentrate on things that help you the most. In the long run, your guild will be better off for that.