• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GB leveling reward FP for non friends and non neighbors

DeletedUser41413

Here is a "hypothetical" question: Let's say that a current "Neighbor" snipes one of your GB positions without the "usual" 1.9 multiplier, and you do not level that GB until they are not a neighbor, friend or guild mate. Do they still get the FP reward when you level it?

DeletedUser41413

Well, while I accept the fact, I am not happy about it. Perhaps this may be a change for Inno to give players a sort of "revenge" the same way they do when the City is attacked. Just sayin' but what do I know after plying for 4 years. ;):D:D

RazorbackPirate

Playing for 4 years, you should have learned by now how to control your GBs so snipers can't snipe. If you leave yourself open for them to snipe you, it's entirely your fault. Good for them for capitalizing on your mistakes.

Super Catanian

Playing for 4 years, you should have learned by now how to control your GBs so snipers can't snipe. If you leave yourself open for them to snipe you, it's entirely your fault. Good for them for capitalizing on your mistakes.
Why'd you get rid of the awesome question in your signature? "Lock it or lose it. If you didn't do the first, don't complain about the second."

Emberguard

Well, while I accept the fact, I am not happy about it. Perhaps this may be a change for Inno to give players a sort of "revenge" the same way they do when the City is attacked. Just sayin' but what do I know after plying for 4 years. ;):D:D
Oh great. Excuse me while I lock up thousands of guild member FPs then leave and lvl the GBs. Oops. No one got any rewards. My bad.

Super Catanian

Oh great. Excuse me while I lock up thousands of guild member FPs then leave and lvl the GBs. Oops. No one got any rewards. My bad.
This is the sarcasm police! The post's too funny!

On topic, that would honestly be a massive Chad move, especially if said Guild participates mostly in swap threads. Then it will lead to proposals to keep Guild members in the Guild. Who knows what would happen next...

Super Catanian

Wasn’t even thinking swap threads. You could easily do it with 1.9 and cost each individual 1-2k FPs per GB
It would be slightly more devastating due to their nature. Big participants in them would have many contributors, meaning that some wouldn't get rewards at all, and many are paying more than 1.9.

The Lady Redneck

No-one but NO-ONE is obliged to donate any given number of FPs to a GB unless by a prior and agreed arrangement (such as a designated 1.9 thread) There never has been and never will be a "usual" multiplier of any description for this.

You were privileged enough to have someone donate FPs to one of your GBs. Did they demand or expect a reciprocal amount from you? Or was this a free gift from them? If a free gift you should be happy for them to get a reward.

wolfhoundtoo

too funny. While he isn't right to expect that they'll do the 1.9 bit that he thinks is 'usual' you aren't right that it was a donation They put the fps into that GB for the gain they get of the forge points for which they got more back than they placed into the GB.

Graviton

Donation doesn't necessarily mean "for no personal benefit". Lots of charities encourage donations by giving away prizes. My band has played several fundraising events where items were donated by local businesses and celebrities to be auctioned off.

The Lady Redneck

@ wolfhoundtoo. If someone donates FPs to my GB it is a donation from them to that GB. Of course they get (or hope) a reward unless they are sniped. I have donated to charities and won gifts. If they get a reward for their donation to my GB it is not coming out of my pocket. FoE is paying them.

wolfhoundtoo

The context of this conversation was the sniping (which is what happened to the original poster). You are also incorrect in this case that the owner of the GB didn't lose anything since if he/she had properly set up their GB spots they'd of gotten 190% (assuming they are in a halfway decent guild). So no there was no donation here. As I said the original poster isn't correct to expect random people to put in 190% but anyone coming here and saying the owner of the GB got a donation they should be grateful for is incorrect as well. Since if you have an Arc that pays back at least the amount of forge points there was no donation since as you've pointed out FOE is the one who gave them those fps not you.

I have no problem with sniping nor being sniped (besides that momentary feeling where I go dang I can't do math) but snipers don't give anything to the owner of the GB. Your post stated that the owner was 'privileged' which is most certainly not the case as described by that poster.

wolfhoundtoo

Donation doesn't necessarily mean "for no personal benefit". Lots of charities encourage donations by giving away prizes. My band has played several fundraising events where items were donated by local businesses and celebrities to be auctioned off.

According to the IRS it most certainly means no personal benefit (yes I do taxes :)). As for anything else now you are getting into intent. And snipers don't intend to give anything they intend to get something. The benefit to the owner of the GB is incidental otherwise they'd give the 190% and get nothing beyond the blueprints and the medals that winning a position in the GB. No I don't think anyone is obligated to do that but that would be what donating would actually mean. The items donated were donations (which got the businesses some good will/advertising perhaps) but donations. The items bought in the auction are not donations unless you paid more than what they are worth.

Graviton

According to the IRS it most certainly means no personal benefit (yes I do taxes :)).

This ain't the IRS. I think my example stands.

... anyone coming here and saying the owner of the GB got a donation they should be grateful for is incorrect as well.

Whether or not the building owner "should" be grateful for the FPs is a matter of perspective, there is not an objective answer to that question. Some people are, some people aren't.