• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GB Plan For Trading-Only City

TheLineBlind

So, I am pretty set in my ways about only trading/negotiating with my city and I am trying to make a plan of all the Great Buildings I will get. Any help on deciding which GB's I should get would be very much appreciated!
First I have made a list of all of the "non-military boosting" GBs and their bonus'.
Oracle of Delphi
Supplies
Happiness
Temple of Relics
Relic Hunt
Tower of Babel
Goods
Population
Colosseum
Medals
Happiness
Lighthouse of Alexandria
Goods
Supply Boost
Hagia Sophia
Forge Points
Happiness
Galata Tower
Goods
Plunder Repel
St. Mark's Basilica
Goods
Coin Boost
Notre Dame
Supplies
Happiness
Frauenkirche of Dresden
Goods
Happiness
Capitol
Supplies
Population
Royal Albert Hall
Goods
Supply Boost
Château Frontenac
Coins
Quest Reward Boost
Space Needle
Coins
Happiness
Atomium
Guild Goods
Happiness
Cape Canaveral
Forge Points
The Habitat
Coins
Population
Innovation Tower
Forge Points
Population
Lotus Temple
Coins
Happiness
Truce Tower
Supplies
Aid Goods
Rain Forest Project
Goods
Blueprint Boost
The Arc
Guild Goods
Contribution Rewards
Gaea Statue
Medals
Happiness
Seed Vault
Helping Hands
Supplies
The Blue Galaxy
Medals
Chance of Double Collection
Star Gazer
Goods (Previous Age)
Space Carrier
Special Goods
Diplomatic Gifts
Flying Island
Mysterious Shards

There are 28 total GBs on this list so I broke their bonus' down into these categories to help balance things out while deciding what I should get.
Coins: 4
Supplies: 5
Coin Boost: 1
Supply Boost: 2
Happiness: 9
Population: 4
Goods: 9
Forge Points: 3
Guild Goods: 2
Special: 10

I removed these 10 from the list to try and balance out the bonus':
Oracle of Delphi
Colosseum
Notre Dame
Royal Albert Hall
Lotus Temple
Gaea Statue
Hagia Sophia
The Habitat
Atomium
Capitol

The new totals for the remaining 18 GBs:
Coins: 2
Supplies: 2
Coin Boost: 1
Supply Boost: 1
Happiness: 2
Population: 2
Goods: 8
Forge Points: 2
Guild Goods: 1
Special: 10

Now this is where I am. Unsure whether to further minimize or where exactly I should go about that. I've got some thoughts on a few more I can remove from the list but I figured I would prefer to hear some other opinions and thoughts on what I should do.
Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:

Ironrooster

Event buildings will provide supplies, coins, happiness and population. So I would not do any GB's just for those. Additional happiness may be needed at some point for a while, but Cultural Buildings can supply the need.. Add Galata Tower for the goods.
I have a city in the Colonial Age that only negotiates - my only battle was in the tutorial. I have an Oracle, Temple of Relics, Galata Tower, Tower of Babel, Lighthouse, and St. Mark's. I will add a Frauenkirche once I have the blueprints. I keep the Oracle only because I don't need the space it occupies.
Keep in mind that once you reach the Modern Era, GB's (and wishing wells) do not produce current goods. Instead they produce unrefined goods which are from 3 ages back.
A lot depends on how you plan to play the game. I have a solo guild, so I don't acquire GB's beyond my Age. Nor do I hyper level GB's. I am also progressing through the Ages pausing only long enough at the end of one Age to prepare for the next. I also use a lot of buildings besides GB's for goods - Shinto Temple (level 9), 6 menageries, 10 wishing wells, and various event buildings that I have acquired. I also build multiple goods buildings for goods that I have the resource boost for.

Expletive Deleted

You can also cut
Hagia Sophia
Flying island
Habitat
Atom.
Capitol
-
As none of these will be particularly helpful for your desire for negotiating more than a strong special event building until / unless you power level them. And even then the true value is questionable.
After refined goods become a thing any goods producing GBs drop off in value sharply in comparison to current-era goods producing specials as well. Sp you might want to drop Babel and LoA or RaH after PE if you choose to invest in them.
I wouldnt build space carrier before arctic future.
Things like habitat and Inno can pose a challenge if you build them early as their population can put a strain on your happiness so level those carefully if you do build them.

TheLineBlind

Event buildings will provide supplies, coins, happiness and population. So I would not do any GB's just for those. Additional happiness may be needed at some point for a while, but Cultural Buildings can supply the need.. Add Galata Tower for the goods.
I have a city in the Colonial Age that only negotiates - my only battle was in the tutorial. I have an Oracle, Temple of Relics, Galata Tower, Tower of Babel, Lighthouse, and St. Mark's. I will add a Frauenkirche once I have the blueprints. I keep the Oracle only because I don't need the space it occupies.
Keep in mind that once you reach the Modern Era, GB's (and wishing wells) do not produce current goods. Instead they produce unrefined goods which are from 3 ages back.
A lot depends on how you plan to play the game. I have a solo guild, so I don't acquire GB's beyond my Age. Nor do I hyper level GB's. I am also progressing through the Ages pausing only long enough at the end of one Age to prepare for the next. I also use a lot of buildings besides GB's for goods - Shinto Temple (level 9), 6 menageries, 10 wishing wells, and various event buildings that I have acquired. I also build multiple goods buildings for goods that I have the resource boost for.
I had removed Galata Tower without thinking much of it, seeing Plunder Repel made me put it into the "military boost" category without putting much thought into it. After looking at it, I think you are correct about adding it. I plan on staying in IA for quite a while until I get my GB's leveled up. I also have 3 menageries that I haven't placed into my city yet because I was unsure about them. Thank you!

TheLineBlind

You can also cut
Hagia Sophia
Flying island
Habitat
Atom.
Capitol
-
As none of these will be particularly helpful for your desire for negotiating more than a strong special event building until / unless you power level them. And even then the true value is questionable.
After refined goods become a thing any goods producing GBs drop off in value sharply in comparison to current-era goods producing specials as well. Sp you might want to drop Babel and LoA or RaH after PE if you choose to invest in them.
I wouldnt build space carrier before arctic future.
Things like habitat and Inno can pose a challenge if you build them early as their population can put a strain on your happiness so level those carefully if you do build them.
Thank you for the help, Flying Island is the only one of those that I'm not sure about, because the Mysterious Shards from FI I think could be helpful too.
Is the reasoning for removing Hagia Sophia partly due to keeping population/happiness bonus' balanced out?

Last edited:
Thank you for the help, Flying Island is the only one of those that I'm not sure about, because the Mysterious Shards from FI I think could be helpful too.
Is the reasoning for removing Hagia Sophia partly due to keeping population/happiness bonus' balanced out?
FI is very expensive to level, and if I remember correctly, the payout is not as great compared to ToR. On an older world, goods GBs are always a bad investment early in the game for an active experienced trader since you can just buy high-era goods for cheap and trade down instead of spending FP on adding an additional level to your goods GB. SMB might be an exception since there's no other GBs that are great on coins. Himeji Castle would cover most of your supply needs for the early game. CF will be worth it if you optimize your gameplay for recurring quests.