• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GBG Building interaction

DeletedUser31308

How does the interaction between the Siege Camp and Traps work? One gives a % that you take zero attrition, one gives a chance of doubling the attrition you receive. As a software developer myself, I see this as an ambiguous interaction that could go several ways.

1) If siege camp and traps trigger together, siege camp reduces attrition to 0 and traps doubles the amount, so you take 0 attrition.
2) If siege camp and traps trigger together, siege camp reduces attrition to 0 and traps adds +1, so you take 1 attrition.

This could be tested by sieging a sector with traps where you have 4 siege camps and a watchtower supporting you (leaving you with a 0% chance of receiving attrition). If in the siege, you never gain attrition, then we know the interaction works like option #1.

If so, it definitely weakens the power of traps in comparison to a fortress. At least against siege camps, a fortress still causes you to do extra battles/negotiations, which will cost extra goods and troops. Traps will do effectively nothing in the siege camp scenario.

DeletedUser37581

How does the interaction between the Siege Camp and Traps work? One gives a % that you take zero attrition, one gives a chance of doubling the attrition you receive. As a software developer myself, I see this as an ambiguous interaction that could go several ways.

1) If siege camp and traps trigger together, siege camp reduces attrition to 0 and traps doubles the amount, so you take 0 attrition.
2) If siege camp and traps trigger together, siege camp reduces attrition to 0 and traps adds +1, so you take 1 attrition.

This could be tested by sieging a sector with traps where you have 4 siege camps and a watchtower supporting you (leaving you with a 0% chance of receiving attrition). If in the siege, you never gain attrition, then we know the interaction works like option #1.

If so, it definitely weakens the power of traps in comparison to a fortress. At least against siege camps, a fortress still causes you to do extra battles/negotiations, which will cost extra goods and troops. Traps will do effectively nothing in the siege camp scenario.
Traps do not add +1. They double the attrition. So if Siege Camp reduces the attrition to 0, Traps will have no effect. The effect of Traps was specifically done this way so that Siege Camp would be a counter-balance.

UBERhelp1

You would still gain attrition. Siege camps and watchtowers work off of RNGs. So a 24% boost basically means it triggers an average of 6/25 of the time. You can have any amount of them and you will still never have a 100% chance of getting 0 attrition added.

Just had to correct the math there :)

ODragon

You would still gain attrition. Siege camps and watchtowers work off of RNGs. So a 24% boost basically means it triggers an average of 6/25 of the time. You can have any amount of them and you will still never have a 100% chance of getting 0 attrition added.

Is there data showing that they are not additive? I ask in honesty, we have D2S and A2S with 3 and 2 building respectively. In theory, we could have 120% chance of no attrition but still have attrition hit if we attacked D2T which is in between them?

UBERhelp1

Is there data showing that they are not additive? I ask in honesty, we have D2S and A2S with 3 and 2 building respectively. In theory, we could have 120% chance of no attrition but still have attrition hit if we attacked D2T which is in between them?
It's a % thing, the text says that there is a 24% chance that the attrition won't be increased. So with 5 of them, you have a (1-0.24)^5 chance, or 25.36% chance of you attrition still increasing.

DeletedUser29726

It's a % thing, the text says that there is a 24% chance that the attrition won't be increased. So with 5 of them, you have a (1-0.24)^5 chance, or 25.36% chance of you attrition still increasing.

I don't have a statistically significant sample as i only tried triple sieges on a sector and fought 4 others from it but it was a lot closer to 72% chance of no attrition increase than 64% (it was actually about 74% over 80 negotiations). I suspect they are additive (and there's no reason to believe the language would exclude that. 10% boost and 10% boost is 20% boost not 21% for instance). I have not had the chance to fight against traps while using siege camps to see if they're independent effects or if it's all one stat where you can be -ive and have a chance of getting additional attrition or +ive and have a chance of getting 0 attrition.

DeletedUser29726

I am now able to confirm that 100% siege effect does mean 0 attrition if you manage that from 2 adjacent provinces. And that traps and siege are separate effects that do what they say (that is 100% siege effect against traps still means 0 attrition)

DeletedUser4441

Siege Camps > Traps/Decoys. If the SC Triggers no Attrition is gained even if the Traps trigger as well. 0 is 0