• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GbG Bullies

Chaos In Motion

Inno recently revamped the parameters of the Battleground in an attempt to make it more competitive. In reality all they've accomplished is create a bigger map where they they still a couple of massive guilds against 6 smaller guilds that have no chance to compete. It seems to me the parameters being used to determine which guilds should be competitive against other guilds are useless. One players points in a guild we are currently facing has more points than our entire guild does put together.
As is the GbG is merely a tool for the biggest guilds to get bigger faster than anyone else. In my opinion catering to the advancement of the bigger guilds will only serve to enhance the frustration of players in other guilds to the point where they just quit altogether.
Why aren't the 8 biggest guilds put on the same map? Battlegrounds should be determined by the guilds relative strength to one another. This seems basic to me so I have to wonder what innos true motivations are.
What do you think? Are you tired of being thrown scraps by the 8 biggest guilds in Houndsmoor or is it just me?

Sharmon the Impaler

The map can only support 4 big guilds maximum. Inno will not create a situation where the larger guilds can no longer play GbG , it is their cash cow. The top guilds are many years old and spend countless hours building themselves up. A GbG season is almost like a job with 10-15 members assigned different tasks to keep it flowing the whole time. Build up your guild and work on networking with the stronger guilds and you will get there too.

Here is the main forum discussion on this issue https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...can-we-stop-pretending-gbg-is-balanced.38355/

Kranyar the Mysterious

The guilds you are facing aren't bullies, anymore than your guild is a bunch of lazy do-nothings. You simply can't complete with them. Everyone works with what Inno gives them. Calling names doesn't accomplish anything except to make you look bad.

El Frederico

The guilds you are facing aren't bullies, anymore than your guild is a bunch of lazy do-nothings. You simply can't complete with them. Everyone works with what Inno gives them. Calling names doesn't accomplish anything except to make you look bad.
You tell the guy- calling people names doesn’t accomplish anything, then you call his guild a bunch of “lazy do- nothings”. Look who looks bad.

Ebeondi Asi

IMO Inno does not 'give' anything. Every little bit takes either time or some effort (even if small)
Players get what they have earned. Big powerful Guilds got that way from hard work over a long period of time. It was not handed to them.
Unfortunately small newer, weaker players seem to believe (as many younger people do) that getting big and powerful just take a little whining. (Whining seems to work in real life rather well for them) Not so much in Foe. usually the end result if Inno does do something is the results are as bad as good. LOL
So my suggestion to the complaining about GbG is to get over yourselves, work on your city, make yourself strong enough to move to a top Guild. and then enjoy life there.
that GbG is hard on weak Guilds is Good. LOL In Foe the big and powerful should be able to feed on the weak and naive... It is in the nature of the game.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

The map can only support 4 big guilds maximum.
Support? Based on what, exactly? I think you mean enable. This is what in the real world would be called the thinking of the 1%. A map can "support" as many big guilds as there are HQ slots. There is no logical reason not to put them together, in fact if the ranking system didn't have the ridiculous 1000 LP cap, they would be together, as they should. You can't tell the "little" guilds to "get there" on the one hand and on the other say that the big guilds shouldn't have to compete with each other too much. That's having your cake and eating it too. If GBG weren't so flawed, the top 8 guilds would compete each round in the top league, with the next league having the next 8 top guilds and so on down to the lowest league. That wouldn't kill Inno's cash cow, because the top spenders are gonna spend either way. It might kill the rewards cow for some of the top guilds who get to "compete" against lesser opponents under the present system, and that's why they don't want the current system changed.

Pericles the Lion

Inno recently revamped the parameters of the Battleground in an attempt to make it more competitive. In reality all they've accomplished is create a bigger map where they they still a couple of massive guilds against 6 smaller guilds that have no chance to compete. It seems to me the parameters being used to determine which guilds should be competitive against other guilds are useless. One players points in a guild we are currently facing has more points than our entire guild does put together.
As is the GbG is merely a tool for the biggest guilds to get bigger faster than anyone else. In my opinion catering to the advancement of the bigger guilds will only serve to enhance the frustration of players in other guilds to the point where they just quit altogether.
Why aren't the 8 biggest guilds put on the same map? Battlegrounds should be determined by the guilds relative strength to one another. This seems basic to me so I have to wonder what innos true motivations are.
What do you think? Are you tired of being thrown scraps by the 8 biggest guilds in Houndsmoor or is it just me?
Excuse me if my information is not up to date but aren't you in the #2 guild on Houndsmoor? If so, why aren't they competitive at GBG?

Xenosaur

Inno recently revamped the parameters of the Battleground in an attempt to make it more competitive.

The definitiveness of that statement is not assured. Maybe the entire 2 years of GbG FOE players interactions let Inno study a lot more about what it did to their revenue picture, than our competitive landscape, and the new GbG made adjustment in that, with competitiveness being downplayed, to secondary or even tertiary.

It doesn't feel like it's a kumbaya effort to your PoV, regardless of the "marketing" hype about the new release.

GbG made tectonic changes to the fabric of the ENTIRE FoE game, all worlds - and in many overt AND covert ways. Some are still playing out. Guilds saw massive exoduses, reformations, etc. People wondered how they could be friends on the GbG battlefield for mutual benefit, with an "enemy" they fought for years in the GvG game framework.

What kinda fixed that was - hey! We can all get game rich! Let's not kill each other, let's party hearty!

And we did.

In may ways, GbG's birth was like the Chicxulub impactor for Earth. It forever changed FoE and continues to do it.

What I see is the rise of GbG centric guilds, that continuously exchange members with other like gulds. Everyone is looking for GbG skills and accomplishments to make their guild better. SO... applicants to GbG guilds look for GbG accomplishments in that new guild, and for fit otherwise. In fact, it could be argued that INNO never had GbG stats of performance in the original version of GbG, but now they do - continuing to refine the model that GE uses.

Users are tasked with finding a fit on all the reasons they come and play here and join a guild. Inno can only do so much (either by design or not...) to keep things, as you put it - fair.

GbG can never be fair to everyone's perspective. Impossible. GvG developed the same "centricity" where people joined a guild to be with others that like that style of play, and wanted to be with other accomplished players and WINNERS at it. Not everything is fair. As long as there is no cheating involved, then pick a place that represents what you desire of your online time here.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

In may ways, GbG's birth was like the Chicxulub impactor for Earth. It forever changed FoE and continues to do it.
And I wonder if we'll start seeing another shift as it becomes increasingly common for many players to start getting their Arc's up to 180 and realize that they don't need the stress of GbG to advance their city anymore. What then? I hope Inno is thinking about that scenario too.

Johnny B. Goode

GbG made tectonic changes to the fabric of the ENTIRE FoE game, all worlds
While that's true, it's hardly the first time something like that happened. Arc. If you weren't playing prior to the Arc's impact, you wouldn't know, but it completely changed the game in a much more basic way than GBG has.

Ebeondi Asi

Excuse me if my information is not up to date but aren't you in the #2 guild on Houndsmoor? If so, why aren't they competitive at GBG?
The rank in he World is based more on GvG than GbG. that is one issue many have with the ranking system. Some Guilds like GvG more. and treat GbG as a hobby but as a Guild they do not really work at it. (as they do GvG.) Since Guilds last a long time, that Guild has attracted players of like mind. So they like GvG and treat GbG with little respect. My take on it anyway.

Xenosaur

While that's true, it's hardly the first time something like that happened. Arc. If you weren't playing prior to the Arc's impact, you wouldn't know, but it completely changed the game in a much more basic way than GBG has.

Yeah, I don't remember "pre-Arc" gaming here, but I do remember fondly the thrill of winning a Terrace Farm in the GE, Difficulty level 4.

It was as if Christmas morning happened.

Remember the excitement of winning 1 or even 2, 100 FP Gold relics from the same GE?

Those were the days...

Sharmon the Impaler

Read what he wrote again, then read what I wrote, then maybe, just maybe- you will understand.
" The guilds you are facing aren't bullies, anymore than your guild is a bunch of lazy do-nothings. " Is saying that calling who you are facing bullies is incorrect and people calling your guild a bunch of lazy do-nothings are wrong as well. Literacy is not your strong suit I take it.

It’s in G world too!